NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

The game is NOT coming to Apple Watch.

The Apple Watch will be getting notifications for the game.

Ah, so it's just an app for the main game then? My mistake.

Ah, so it's just an app for the main game then? My mistake.

Yup, you can use some functions (like get items from Pokéstops) but can't do any catching, gyms or manage Pokémon in any way.

It would be nice if tracking is working before this is launched wouldn't it? because the game has just become unplayable now for me

Think i'm going to cancel my preorder of that pokemon go plus, got caught up in the hype and preordered something that will be useless

Pokémon Go Plus will be out September 16th.

I don't see the point of this thing. It won't help you with eggs? Will it catch any Pokémon in 1 go? Does it need the phone to be on and screen active as Pokémon Go itself to work (track you) or is that via ordinary GPS in phone?

I don't see the point of this thing. It won't help you with eggs? Will it catch any Pokémon in 1 go? Does it need the phone to be on and screen active as Pokémon Go itself to work (track you) or is that via ordinary GPS in phone?

The game still needs to be active for the GO Plus to work so Eggs will hatch

The game still needs to be active for the GO Plus to work so Eggs will hatch

So what is the point? You still need to have the game on in your pocket?

So it's still draining the phone's battery, right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1275556&highlight=pokemon+go

You can catch Pokemon and visit Pokestops with the game running in the background (not actively running with your phone's screen on), but you can't hatch eggs with it unless your phone is on (which was kinda half the reason people wanted it no?)

Guess that explains why they made the Apple Watch app :heh:

The watch app is absolutely perfect for this game. Phone away - can see and activate poke stops, hatch eggs, and even have Pokemon pop up - "ratatata, fuck getting my phone out for that". I'll definitely play it more!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1275556&highlight=pokemon+go

You can catch Pokemon and visit Pokestops with the game running in the background (not actively running with your phone's screen on), but you can't hatch eggs with it unless your phone is on (which was kinda half the reason people wanted it no?)

Guess that explains why they made the Apple Watch app :heh:

Nope. Pretty sure you still need the game on for that stuff. Ridiculous isn't it

Unless they changed what the plan was

Edited by Serebii

My Plus accessory arrived, debating if I should open it or not. Glad they added Android support, hope the add Android Wear support as well in the future.

My Plus accessory arrived, debating if I should open it or not. Glad they added Android support, hope the add Android Wear support as well in the future.

Mine arrived today too, its not bad really AND does count steps with the app running in the background!

Its nice really and allowed me to easily acquire pokestops and a few pokemon (2 abra? i barely see any) on my commute to work, so i can see it really streamlining the game

but the thing i can't quite reconcile with myself is that, its like i've just paid to allow the app to run in the background! the standard app does not run in the bakground and doesnt count steps but a £30 device enables this function that is obviously there in app..........it feels like a wierd new paywall and i'm not sure i like that i'm encouraging it

Mine arrived today too, its not bad really AND does count steps with the app running in the background!

Its nice really and allowed me to easily acquire pokestops and a few pokemon (2 abra? i barely see any) on my commute to work, so i can see it really streamlining the game

but the thing i can't quite reconcile with myself is that, its like i've just paid to allow the app to run in the background! the standard app does not run in the bakground and doesnt count steps but a £30 device enables this function that is obviously there in app..........it feels like a wierd new paywall and i'm not sure i like that i'm encouraging it

The app doesn't need to run in the background? It needs GPS on the phone to be on, right?

The app doesn't need to run in the background? It needs GPS on the phone to be on, right?

The app has to be open, just in the background. The GO Plus connection will keep the tracking etc. open

Yeah like Serebii said, it needs to be open on the phone, but you can minimise it, switch to another app and lock you screen - something the stand alone app does not allow, you have to have it open and in use with the screen unlocked to do anything.

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Anyone else having problems getting the Plus to connect? Sometimes it takes multiple attempts or restart my phone or the app or removing the accessory and re-adding it. And it'll disconnect with for no reason.

Anyone else having problems getting the Plus to connect? Sometimes it takes multiple attempts or restart my phone or the app or removing the accessory and re-adding it. And it'll disconnect with for no reason.

Yup! it will loose connection and when it does it won't repair unless i close the app

Its happened to me twice now, but this is Day 2 so read into that what you will

Please people, I need some kind of clarification.

I'm not the only one here who thinks £30 is an utterly insane price for Pokemon GO Plus, am I? I just bought the newest Ace Attorney game off of eShop for 5 quid less! I'm right, right? That's bonkers!?

I'm not the only one here who thinks £30 is an utterly insane price for Pokemon GO Plus, am I? I just bought the newest Ace Attorney game off of eShop for 5 quid less! I'm right, right? That's bonkers!?

I don't know, a physical accessory that requires materials and manufacture versus a digital copy of some software that duplicates for free.

If anything it's the game that is overpriced.

but it's not just the fact you can copy a digital version, it's the time and skill taken to create the product. What format you buy it on is borderline immaterial.

Nah, I'd rather spend £30 on an accessory for a free game than £25 on a completely original retail (in Japan anyway) title. AA6 is too expensive :p

No @Glen\-i you are correct, its far to expensive really, it should be no more than 1/3 of the price they are just ripping off Pokefans knowing we'd be taken in by the hype and buy

but if you think its mad, check the prices on ebay

No @Glen\-i you are correct, its far to expensive really, it should be no more than 1/3 of the price they are just ripping off Pokefans knowing we'd be taken in by the hype and buy

but if you think its mad, check the prices on ebay

Oh come on, Pokemon fans might be stupid at times, but wouldn't pay those kinds of...

87100094-CE3B-42BC-85ED-5761ECAAE51E_zpsmpjkrqnl.png

UF1vQAB.gif