Trackmania Turbo

drahkon

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anybody get this?

It's bloody brilliant.

You can get for about £22 on disk but I'd recommend downloading it off the store for £29.99 as it's one of those games you go on to try and get a few lap medals then come off again. So handy to have on your hard drive.

It's well worth a look!

I definitely want to get this at some point, had a blast with the beta version. :awesome:

Made an F-Zero style track on it: :D

Like Cookyman says though, great game to have as a digital download, so will probably grab it from the PS store eventually, unless there's a really good deal on the retail version before then. :hehe:

Oh my gooooood, this looks amazing.

Shit fuck, I really shouldn't be buying any games right now...

Yeah but...

Purchased, for PS4 for £24 on disc, because physical... irrational need to own game, also cheaper and I wasn't going to be buying any more games for a while but... what the heck! :D

Ordered yesterday from ShopTo...

2gwg8y1.jpg

...and it arrived today! :D

My excuse was that I needed a game to get me properly back into playing games regularly, as I've really hit something of a slump recently :( so being that Trackmania Turbo seems to have that instant pick up & play, get hooked, go for broke on the high scores, play for an hour or so then give it a rest kind of vibe, it seems like the perfect candidate. :)

Plus take another look at that gloriously colourful artwork Flink... ;) come on, you know it's worth it brah!

Annnd in addition to that if you buy it then, I'll have yours and Ine's high scores to chase in addition to everyone else from N-E who has it, which will keep me coming back, the more time I spend playing it will then no doubt make me want to play more online games like... that lovely copy of Star Wars Battlefront which you both kindly sold me, then... who knows... I might suddenly be feeling adventurous one day and feel like I can finally revisit The Witcher 3 and play through it and the DLC from start to finish this time. :heh:

But first things first, time to unseal the game and bask in the gloriously manic gameplay which is certain to ensue after unsealing this sure to be simple yet hopefully life-changing title! :hehe:

See you online! (hopefully) : peace:

Picked this up the other week myself. Haven't had a huge amount of time to play it (as I'm currently wrapping up a playthrough of Republique) but what I have played so far has been brilliant.

It's very moreish from what I've played so far, ingraining that desire to get that gold medal no matter how long it takes. Managed to get 7 out of 10 of the first set of races in the white series as gold medals but the others I just couldn't quite nail. It's simplistic racing on the surface but there's a lot to master there underneath about knowing when you should and shouldn't drift to maximise your speed around corners and minimise time spent turning.

Really looking forward to putting some more time in and seeing if I can climb my way up the rankings. Nice that you not only get your overall ranking but one for the UK and then your constituent country within that. Also can't wait to mess around with the track builder. Had a go at letting it randomly generate a couple of tracks and the first lot that came out were pretty poor but after fiddling with the settings a bit, I managed to get something that was just bonkers and had be driving upside down, on my side, etc. Hopefully it's straight forward to use as I loved messing around with the track builder in ModNation on the PS3 so would love to try and create something in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't regret paying £24 for it, at £16 though people are definitely better off getting the physical copy as that's cheaper than digital now surely? Or not much in it anyway... :p

I have played this, it's good but I always end up playing it late at night, so usually just tackle a few challenges before turning the PS4 off, but I never move onto the next challenge until I get the golds. ;)

I don't regret paying £24 for it, at £16 though people are definitely better off getting the physical copy as that's cheaper than digital now surely? Or not much in it anyway... :p
I think the digital price is still £30, although I imagine it'll drop pretty soon. In fact, this has got potential PS+ game all over it I reckon, but I'd rather get into it now than wait for either of those outcomes anyway. :)

And I will be later on today, as my copy has already arrived! :bouncy:

I have played this, it's good but I always end up playing it late at night, so usually just tackle a few challenges before turning the PS4 off, but I never move onto the next challenge until I get the golds. ;)
Hehehe. Yeah, I remember getting seriously addicted to one of the PC versions of Trackmania. Just 1 more go turns into 100 (or more :heh:) very easily. :D

Man, I am loving this game! :D

It's pure arcade racing goodness. icon14.gif

Dat feeling when you earn a Trackmaster medal in one hit:

:awesome:

And the hilarity when pretty much everyone (myself included :heh:) fucks up on the first obstacle in an online game:

:laughing:

Shame there doesn't seem to be many N-E peeps with the game though, is it really just Cookyman, S.C.G. and myself that are playing this? :o

Shame there doesn't seem to be many N-E peeps with the game though, is it really just Cookyman, S.C.G. and myself that are playing this? :o

This is one game where I could see myself getting into the online at some point, we should figure out an hour or so one evening when we're all free. :)

What about Thursdays 9PM after the Mario Kart league? From one racing game to another. ;)

Been playing this on and off myself, only just got through the White series of tracks in the campaign last week but had a lot of fun doing so and nabbed myself 2 Trackmaster medals in the process. Genuinely fist pumped at getting those on my first go at 2 tracks, some how just managed to nail the racing line and put down ridiculously quick times.

Managed to get just over 20 of the White series of tracks at Gold medal, all the rest at Silver, but it was some of the last set of tracks in the stadium that really threw me, with the dirt tracks and a car that really isn't appropriate for that surface type due to having so much power and not enough grip to use it. Will go back to them and hopefully manage Golds but I've already resigned myself to not being able to see all of the tracks on offer through the campaign as I really don't see myself getting 160 Gold medals to unlock the last set of tracks and keep getting Golds as the track get progressively more intricate and difficult.

It's a great game though, certainly instils that "Just one more go" mentality in search of getting medals. Going to mess around with the track creator outside of the random generator at some point to see what I can put up with. Hopefully it is relatively straight forward to work with as I loved putting together tracks in ModNation Racers so this would be a suitable replacement if it's simple to create some fast paced tracks.

This is one game where I could see myself getting into the online at some point, we should figure out an hour or so one evening when we're all free. :)

What about Thursdays 9PM after the Mario Kart league? From one racing game to another. ;)

Yeah, sounds like a plan. :grin:

But even if we can't play at the same time, having more people involved in the friend challenges would be cool.

Speaking of which, I set one up the other day, with that track I made on the beta test. :D

It's set up without an expiry date, so give it a try!

Been playing this on and off myself, only just got through the White series of tracks in the campaign last week but had a lot of fun doing so and nabbed myself 2 Trackmaster medals in the process. Genuinely fist pumped at getting those on my first go at 2 tracks, some how just managed to nail the racing line and put down ridiculously quick times.

Managed to get just over 20 of the White series of tracks at Gold medal, all the rest at Silver, but it was some of the last set of tracks in the stadium that really threw me, with the dirt tracks and a car that really isn't appropriate for that surface type due to having so much power and not enough grip to use it. Will go back to them and hopefully manage Golds but I've already resigned myself to not being able to see all of the tracks on offer through the campaign as I really don't see myself getting 160 Gold medals to unlock the last set of tracks and keep getting Golds as the track get progressively more intricate and difficult.

It's a great game though, certainly instils that "Just one more go" mentality in search of getting medals. Going to mess around with the track creator outside of the random generator at some point to see what I can put up with. Hopefully it is relatively straight forward to work with as I loved putting together tracks in ModNation Racers so this would be a suitable replacement if it's simple to create some fast paced tracks.

The track editor is pretty good in this, I've been sticking to the advanced mode now, which takes a bit of getting used to, but it's possible to create some pretty crazy stuff with it. :hehe:

BTW, just noticed you weren't on my friend list, so sent you a request. :)

*EDIT*

@lostmario, have you got this game? If not, check it out (think there's still a demo up on the PS store) I reckon you'd really dig it. ;) Oh, and @dazzybee, I remember you always being peeved at the way time trial records and ghost data was done in Mario Kart, well you should check this out too, as it's literally perfect in that regard.

Edited by RedShell