NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

How much resource is going into mobile development right now? Serious question.

Just one small team

The best thing to come out of all of this is that I'll at least have plenty of time to enjoy the games I'm currently playing and be able to dip back into some other games that I either haven't finished or would just love to play again :heh:

Because they'll still release games for it, plus this was in development a long time.

They're clearly only releasing the minimum amount of games, smaller titles for the wii u to keep it trickling along. Holding all big development off for the next console. I think it's a good idea. But they better not drag it out like they did the Wii, painful times and more and more people will move somewhere else, which is the last thing nintendo need

But didn't they work on Zelda for a long time?

I am not saying that you are wrong but if we look for this year there is Yoshi coming out, Mario Maker, Splatoon is out and a big update is coming in august (and they obviously plan to keep players occupied with that game), Xenoblade is coming out for the west (I di admig, quite late) and now Starfox (I have to see the footage, but let's hope it will look better in the end - it has too, otherwise I doo agree that it would be a problem) and isn't FAST: Racing Neo coming out this year?

So these are few quite good games and some of them are games where you can spend a lof of time playing them, so I do hope that they do have plans for 2016. which they didn't announce today.

Edited by Kounan

Just realised, no New 3DS exclusive games. Man, what on earth were they thinking

I didn't watch it as I was working, but kept refreshing the main Nintendo thread page awaiting the new game topics to be created. I was all :blank: as nothing was being added. :laughing:

Now I see why...

What a shame. :(

Seems like it isn't even worth watching back.

The Wii U has been my least favourite Nintendo home console of all time. And it doesn't look like it's going to get much better either.

Thankfully I still love the 3DS, but even that didn't have a lot that looked like must haves to me.

Still, at least the people who love slating Nintendo will be happy. :) It'll be a refreshing change from no voice chat.

Christmas for the NX? if nintendo wait that long they will be dead, there is no way they can run on the fumes of the WiiU and the 3DS alone

The Nx will certainly be a hybrid, the 3DS was due a replacement but now it seems the WiiU is getting one sooner, the only way that makes sense is if the NX is a hybrid, i'd be worried for nintendo if it isn't out before September unless they announce Zelda coming in Q1 2016 and some other big hitters to keep some money coming in

They need NX info fast, to start the PR offensive and have people want to buy it, if its as lackluster as the WiiU they will end up being bought out/third party or goign handheld only

ACTUALLY Nintendo could indeed run on the 3DS fumes alone. It's basically what they have been doing anyway. It's what bugs me when western third parties shun it, japanese third parties refuse to translate games for it, and Nintendo themselves cut funding for it to focus on Wii U games that as far as I can tell barely exist. 3DS (and portables in general) ARE Nintendo in this modern age, and the sooner they accept it and pursue it with full vigour the better they'll be for it. If the NX isn't Fusion (super quality HD portable with 3DS extras and more, with ability to display on HD TV as good as a modern console, promoting the handheld side more as there's ZERO faith in their home consoles these days) then Nintendo is lost. They can't afford to keep splitting their focus and giving neither console the true focus they deserve/require.

You'd have to wonder how much resource is going to anything right now after all that.

[tweet]610871818988224512[/tweet]

[iwata]Thanks for watching. Received lots of opinions, will work to meet everyone's expectations better in the future.

I get it though, Nintendo continually blow their wad with directs thoughout the year while other companies save stuff up. That and main games for MS/SONY are usually western, which means auto English thus they can show them. The amount of 3DS games announced this year/during has been huge, but most are japanese "we may release in west" games. It made the direct seem bare.

Treehouse currently showing the Zelda 3DS game thingy - whilst I can see their desire for female representation the lady they've got playing here is a bit fucking annoying. They've got a lady not playing for general commentary/presentation but she can't get a fucking word in anywhere due to this vocal prick. No chance I'd be playing a game with her if I had it.

Just realised, no New 3DS exclusive games. Man, what on earth were they thinking

Of course not. This was always going to be the case. They are not going to split the userbase unless it's an absolute necessity.

It seems this forum has two moods: either something is amazing, or the worst thing ever ::shrug: It was underwhelming, but it wasn't bad, either.

Low key E3 Direct but there's enough I'm looking forward to satisfy me. Mario Maker looks rad too, I don't know if it's what I want but they seem to be doing right by it.

Can I just say that this is the only chilled, level-headed comment I've seen here, and I love you for it?

Remember this day. The day Wii U died.

16th June. Time of death ~ 5.00p.m.

2 and a half years. How are they going to convince people to buy the NX? People are wary of Nintendo consoles now. The burnt Wii U owners are going to be reluctant too. I certainly will be. They never even tried.

Release a console with software which people want. One failed console doesn't mean the end but if they don't learn from the wii u disaster or even the 3DS launch period then expect problems.

Here's the thing, even if it was going to be moved to NX, they would like us to think so. I doubt any one has been convinced to adopt a Wii U, and announcing it's not coming to Wii U any more would be the final nail in the coffin.

I'm personally convinced it's going to go the way of Twilight Princess.

It's all so reminiscent of the wii. No games as they prepare for the new console. Just this time they need not wait so long. New platform needs to be out next year.

Can I just say that this is the only chilled, level-headed comment I've seen here, and I love you for it?

As great as you are Jonnas, I feel everyone should express their opinion as brutally honest as possible... Whether negative or positive.

And just like i said, Nintendo's E3 will not be noteworthy.

It was all there to see - no teasers a week or so before hand, no obscure, almost done by purpose leaks etc... Nothing to really get the blood pumping.

Even that Starfox showing could have and should have been much better than that! Pikmin 3's E3 showing had more charm than that (as the premier showing of the event).

Not going to go on about it though - my preference remains the same: focus all attention on the next generation now please, including Zelda.

I'm a massive Nintendo fanboy and even I thought that was inexcusably bad. Metroid and Zelda in particular just look like absolute garbage. Ditto Animal Crossing, and Starfox looked like it was playing on an upgraded N64.

So disappointed, I can't quite believe how dire that was. And not just quality wise, the fact that they're dragging two of their biggest franchises through the mud like that is pretty upsetting.

It seems this forum has two moods: either something is amazing, or the worst thing ever ::shrug: It was underwhelming, but it wasn't bad, either.

Way to completely dismiss everyone else's opinion there Jonnas, top job.

Do you honestly not see where people are coming from here?

I'm personally convinced it's going to go the way of Twilight Princess.

And I think that would do it less harm than if it was a sole Wii U game.

Beyond the casual adopters, TP as a launch title on Wii really gave it a boost.

Really? Like really? You'd want that? If they did that there is no chance in hell I'd be buying a NX anytime soon, and if I didn't have a PS4 by then it'd make it an insta-buy for me.

ZeldaWiiU going non-WiiU and next-console exclusive is basically absolute suicide imo.

Nahhh! I'm very certain even you with your current viewpoint will be tempted by a TRUE HD, next gen Zelda game on a brand spanking new and promising home console at launch! :heh:

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

The reason people are so disappointed I think is because there is a mix of completely missing IPs (FZero, Advance Wars) and IPs we want but not in the right form (a weird Metroid spin off on 3DS instead of a WiiU Prime, an amiibo Animal Crossing party game instead of a proper entry, Paper Mario but not really...) and it's all just so underwhelming. Like, I really don't understand why they haven't made a 3DS Advance Wars, or why a proper AC hasn't appeared in favour of these weird spin offs.

Star Fox is the only proper entry to a major series and if people are underwhelmed by that there isn't much else to go on. The other two big games I saw - Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World - both look fantastic but theres nothing new from either of them in what we saw today and they are both out very soon so there's not a great deal to look forward to!