NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

I think I'm blind. I don't see the problem with Star Fox's graphics at all.

I think Rogue Squadron - a GC launch title - looked more stunning than Starfox... How does that happen?

Different art styles.

Nintendo's Event in a nutshell:

I imagine Iwata flipping us off during his dance.

Last year Nintendo had Robot Chicken. This year they had the muppets.

Enough said!

I think I'm blind. I don't see the problem with Star Fox's graphics at all.

You and me both. It looks nice. I think people were wanting realism forgetting that you're playing as a fox.

I know certain things for Wii U that exist that I was honestly expecting here, but I guess will be in an upcoming Direct.

Like you knew Blast Ball wasn't a minigame and the Wii U isn't left out to die? :p

I thought the gamepad controls look fine in this, pretty nifty use of it as an extra viewpoint. I wonder if having to render two separate views limited the graphical fidelity.

One bad event and you're ready to jump ship, ignoring the countless fantastic Directs they've had.

Is your memory so fickle? Yes, people like me, @Hero\-of\-Time etc. are a bit disappointed with this, but we're not jumping to hyperbole (correct me if I'm wrong guys). Was it disappointing? Yes. Is it indicative of anything bad? No, I honestly don't think so. I think they misread things here, and I know certain things for Wii U that exist that I was honestly expecting here, but I guess will be in an upcoming Direct.

One bad showing does not suddenly mean doom. Relax.

....Wake up, son.

It isn't just 'one bad event', Nintendo have been arguably letting people down for some years now by being a shadow of their former selves.

Theres no point listing all the missed opportunities and underused franchises that we wait years for. I think for many people - though i speak for myself - time has run out for Nintendo.

They're now showing the new update that was released on Sunday on Treehouse. Says it all really, they've got nothing to show.

Time to go to bed. It's been fun lads. You've made a depressing showing by Nintendo into a barrel of laughs, and for that I thank you.

Let's all keep naively praying for a surprise blow out of information or EMERGENCY REVEALS in reaction to their terrible digital event.

It seems this forum has two moods: either something is amazing, or the worst thing ever ::shrug: It was underwhelming, but it wasn't bad, either.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Actually I could probably post Statler and Waldorf stuff all day long, so I should stop myself there. =P

....Wake up, son.

It isn't just 'one bad event', Nintendo have been arguably letting people down for some years now by being a shadow of their former selves.

Theres no point listing all the missed opportunities and underused franchises that we wait years for. I think for many people - though i speak for myself - time has run out for Nintendo.

This is just one bad event when they have been knocking it out the park in Directs all year.

Different art styles.

Nope. Not at all an acceptable excuse.

Pikmin 3 is a perfect example of cartoony visuals in a realistic environment done perfectly in HD.

Being in space, Nintendo have every opportunity to make this game look incredible. Even on the audio front; why not make the music a glorious orchestra?

Well, I don't know the technicalities, can they actually improve much before its release?

One bad event and you're ready to jump ship, ignoring the countless fantastic Directs they've had.

Is your memory so fickle? Yes, people like me, @Hero\-of\-Time etc. are a bit disappointed with this, but we're not jumping to hyperbole (correct me if I'm wrong guys). Was it disappointing? Yes. Is it indicative of anything bad? No, I honestly don't think so. I think they misread things here, and I know certain things for Wii U that exist that I was honestly expecting here, but I guess will be in an upcoming Direct.

I did all my raging and venting in party chat on the PS4. :D

The show was bad. Very bad. Far too much talking, especially about stuff we have already seen before. I said this last year but the director stories should be kept for something like Iwata asks, not used to fill up an E3 segment. It's not different to a guy coming on stage and talking about a game.

The games shown seem very safe and quick. What big game have they got for the end of the year? Xenoblade. A game announced way back when and its a very niche title.

Starfox looks ropey, we don't need another party mini game 8 months after Mario Party 10 launched and Mario Tennis is uninspiring. All if these seem like filler titles.

Less than 24 hours before this event, you had Sony announce The Last Guardian, FFVII and Shenmue 3. Microsoft showed a very solid line up of Halo, Gears, Forza, Tomb Raider and the Rare collection, all set for this year. What did we get? Animal Crossing: Party Edition. It's a joke, man.

Not only that but because of the Wii U not being up to snuff it's also gonna miss out on things like MGSV, Batman, Call of Duty and most importantly Star Wars Battlefront. These are massive titles with big reputations strutting their stuff in MS and Sony pressers. Nintendo answers back with 2 Amiibo in Skylanders.

I'm sorry, but there was no defending this Direct. It lack heart, it lacked passion and more importantly, it lacked games.

They're now showing the new update that was released on Sunday on Treehouse. Says it all really, they've got nothing to show.

What's wrong with showing off content announced at E3 at E3?

If Nintendo had delayed the DLC and showed it in the direct today, people would have gone crazy over it.

they have been knocking it out the park in Directs all year.

Arguably, very arguably.

All I remember of most Directs throughout the year is one big game (ala Smash or Majora's Mask), then a filler of random quirky 3DS titles with Shibata, and an on-going show of Monster Hunter or Xenoblades, or something.

I think you're the one who needs to relax, in no way am I jumping ship. The presentation was just a disaster from start to finish.

The fans have been begging them for a Metroid game so they give us... a visually terrible looking, mulitplayer co-op mode.

Anything to soften the Zelda U delay? A childish dress-up mulitplayer game

Their potentially awesome Skylanders-like amiibo game is... Skylanders!

A first console Starfox game in a decade and it looks.... worse than the one ten years ago.

Sorry I know I give Sony and Microsoft shit for having an endless stream of samey games, which they do... but compare headline titles Uncharted 4 or the Last Guardian with Starfox.

Nintendo have some outstanding games on the Wii U, and they've had some brilliant Directs and E3's in the last couple of years. This was their worst showing in a very very long time and actually convinced me that Wii was right, the Wii U is dead in their eyes.

What's most upsetting is that for a company that prides itself on polish and quality, games like Metroid: Federation Force, Starfox and Mario Tennis look anything but top quality.

It was a good Direct for me - there's loads of stuff in there I want to play.

It was just a bad E3 press conference.

Actually it wasn't even bad, people saying it was the worst Nintendo conference are insane. Unless you only own a Wii U, then yeah.

I did all my raging and venting in party chat on the PS4. :D

The show was bad. Very bad. Far too much talking, especially about stuff we have already seen before. I said this last year but the director stories should be kept for something like Iwata asks, not used to fill up an E3 segment. It's not different to a guy coming on stage and talking about a game.

The games shown seem very safe and quick. What big game have they got for the end of the year? Xenoblade. A game announced way back when and its a very niche title.

Starfox looks ropey, we don't need another party mini game 8 months after Mario Party 10 launched and Mario Tennis is uninspiring. All if these seem like filler titles.

Less than 24 hours before this event, you had Sony announce The Last Guardian, FFVII and Shenmue 3. Microsoft showed a very solid line up of Halo, Gears, Forza, Tomb Raider and the Rare collection, all set for this year. What did we get? Animal Crossing: Party Edition. It's a joke, man.

Not only that but because of the Wii U not being up to snuff it's also gonna miss out on things like MGSV, Batman, Call of Duty and most importantly Star Wars Battlefront. These are massive titles with big reputations strutting their stuff in MS and Sony pressers. Nintendo answers back with 2 Amiibo in Skylanders.

I'm sorry, but there was no defending this Direct. It lack heart, it lacked passion and more importantly, it lacked games.

To be fair, both Shenmue and Final Fantasy 7 are at least 2 years away, and Nintendo's stuff is all between now and next E3.

I'm not defending this event. I'm just saying a lot of reactions are ridiculous.

Edited by Serebii

To be fair, both Shenmue and Final Fantasy 7 are at least 2 years away, and Nintendo's stuff is all between now and next E3.

LOL thats not 'being fair'!The power in showing those games at ANY stage speaks for itself.

And I really doubt Nintendo are holding so much under their belt now... E3 is always the stage for bigging up their console - why wouldn't you do that? Its like going to a farm market with your worst produce...

I'm not defending this event. I'm just saying a lot of reactions are ridiculous.

Then people can play all the other games announced/coming to the console in the mean time... while Wii U owners play...

Then people can play all the other games announced/coming to the console in the mean time... while Wii U owners play...

All those first party Sony titles...

...oh.

...oh.

There are Sony and Sony backed Indie titles out between now and next E3...

I agree they are but a big point of E3 is to sell your console to the consumer. Show them what they are in store for and get them hyped to the point where they will run out and buy your console, even if the games aren't ready. Hell, Nintendo used this tactic when they seen the Wii U was struggling and done that direct showing the likes of Yoshi and Xenoblade, a good year or two before they would even arrive.

Showing stuff like FFVII and Shenmue will sell a console to MANY gamers. This new Animal Crossong won't.

...oh.

Like all those 3rd party titles on the Wii U.

Oh.....

I agree they are but a big point of E3 is to sell your console to the consumer. Show them what they are in store for and get them hyped to the point where they will run out and buy your console, even if the games aren't ready. Hell, Nintendo used this tactic when they seen the Wii U was struggling and done that direct showing the likes of Yoshi and Xenoblade, a good year or two before they would even arrive.

Showing stuff like FFVII and Shenmue will sell a console to MANY gamers. This new Animal Crossong won't.

Like all those 3rd party titles on the Wii U.

Oh.....

I agree. I'm no saying Nintendo didn't mess this Digital Event up. All I'm saying is that there's a massive over-reaction going on.

Too right, That FF7 announcement already has me thinking how and when should I buy. Its also for the fact that as a core Nintendo gamer, I know there have been masses of PS4 gems that I have naturally missed.

That one announcement has me seeing everything else on the PS4 with rose tinted spectacles!