N-Europe

Project X Zone 2 ( 3DS 2015 )

Hero-of-Time

So, this was teased/leaked over the weekend but it's finally been confirmed.

PROJECT X ZONE 2 announced for North America, Europe, Middle-East and Australasia!

Greetings, earthlings, Today I would like to share with you some details on a new title, that the brilliant team over at Virtual Toys are currently putting the finishing touches to.

Bandai Namco Entertainment, Capcom and SEGA are back for some more with Project X Zone 2 for the Nintendo 3DS system! The second episode of this ultimate cross-over tactical RPG, created by Monolith Software, will hit digital & physical shelves in the above-mentioned regions on Fall 2015!

With more than 400 000 units, the first episode of this Tactical-RPG series surprised not only fans but also press thanks to its massive line-up, stirring gameplay and unique humour! Among the famed returning licenses, Project X Zone 2 will feature Tekken, Tales of Vespiria, God Eater or .hack// series (Bandai Namco Entertainment), Devil May Cry, Megaman X and Resident Evil series (Capcom), Sakura Wars, Yakuza: Dead Souls and Virtua Fighter (SEGA).

“Working hand-in-hand with renowned publishers such as SEGA and Capcom is a blessing. Exchanging ideas and working towards making fans happy is the ultimate goal behind this cross-over. With dozens of famous characters and licenses, unique humour traits and highly tactical gameplay; Project X Zone 2 presents itself as a serious contender to be a critically appreciated Tactical RPG!” said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of IP Strategy, Marketing & PR at Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe.

The successful recipe of this game will be heightened with the addition of several characters, in-game features (More information to come over the next few months!) and new languages for subtitles: French, Italian, German and Spanish!

@RedShell are you ready for this? :D

• 4 weeks later...

A few new characters have been confirmed.

Famitsu this week confirms six new characters set to appear in Project X Zone 2, Bandai Namco, Sega, and Capcom’s crossover 3DS strategy RPG sequel, as well as four more returning characters.

New characters confirmed in the magazine include:

Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Maya Fey (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Axel Stone (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) (Streets of Rage)

Aty (Summon Night 3)

Nana Kazuki (God Eater 2)

Ciel Alencon (God Eater 2)

Returning characters include:

Ryu (Street Fighter)

Ken (Street Fighter)

Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars)

Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)

I think they took a lot of heat for their portrayal of certain female characters. It makes sense if they have decided to tone it down a bit.

Yeah? Personally I have no interest in the game but I'm sick of everything catering to Puritans, prudes and feminists (who definitely won't buy it).

Yeah? Personally I have no interest in the game but I'm sick of everything catering to Puritans, prudes and feminists (who definitely won't buy it).

Welcome to the PC world that we live in. It sucks at times but that's just the way it is.

Things can get a little too much though. Stuff like THIS is just creepy and then there are games like Criminal Girls on the Vita which is just flat out disturbing.

Welcome to the PC world that we live in. It sucks at times but that's just the way it is.

Things can get a little too much though. Stuff like THIS is just creepy and then there are games like Criminal Girls on the Vita which is just flat out disturbing.

Fair point, H-o-T. : peace: To me, the line is crossed when a game encourages something illegal, like groping (I wasn't entirely happy with Senran Kagura Burst). But overall, it just makes me so sad that we can't appreciate a good body now without it being called sexist (and I speak as someone who's happy to see as many male physiques as female - it's not about my personal preference, I just think we're becoming less liberal).

• 4 months later...

Damn, that Xenoblade Representation is super spoileriffic! Then again, Smash Bros. has a trophy of that character, so it's not the first. Seriously, don't look at it if you haven't finished Xenoblade.

It is kinda awesome though. Not gonna lie, that alone has made me kinda interested now. As long as it still has Britishness.

I happened to click on the spoiler box and I'm only halfway through Xenoblade Chronicles but interestingly it has been so long since playing it that I don't really feel it's a spoiler for me - just so long as nobody explains it to me - but it's actually spurred me on to want to finish the game so this afternoon I have copied across my original Xenoblade Chronicles file from my Wii which I will copy across to my Wii U just as soon as I have installed the digital version which I'm downloading now. : peace:

It's funny how these things work out. :)

Oh yeah and Projext X Zone 2 looks... reasonable, I don't know if I'll pick it up when it first comes out though, I never finished the first; do you think it will come with a poster again? That's honestly a deal-breaker for me. :heh:

Why can't we have all of these characters appear in a game that isn't crap? :(
Bit harsh. :heh:

I wouldn't say the original PxZ is crap, it just needed to be 50 or so hours shorter in length, and/or have some actual strategy to the map phase of the gameplay. I thought the mechanics during battles was great though (timing perfect hits is sooo satisfying) and the sprite work is off the charts good.

Will wait and see if PxZ2 addresses any of my issues with the first game before deciding whether or not I pick this up.

Well... that's the plan at least. :hehe:

Bit harsh. :heh:

I wouldn't say the original PxZ is crap, it just needed to be 50 or so hours shorter in length, and/or have some actual strategy to the map phase of the gameplay. I thought the mechanics during battles was great though (timing perfect hits is sooo satisfying) and the sprite work is off the charts good.

Will wait and see if PxZ2 addresses any of my issues with the first game before deciding whether or not I pick this up.

Well... that's the plan at least. :hehe:

Hopefully. The first game just ended up just putting me to sleep.

It's a shame cause it did have some neat ideas but the long drawn out battles and non-existent strategy made the overall experience a total snooze fest for me.

Edited by Dcubed

• 4 months later...

Played the demo...

It seems like they've not really changed or improved anything from the first game! :shakehead

Got a kick out of playing as Kiryu and Majima from Yakuza, but their inclusion in this is no where near enough to make me endure the same monotony as PxZ again. :blank:

• 3 weeks later...