Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

I think people would just simply not buy it instead of spending hours on a forum complaining how the phone maker doesn't care about them / cater to their needs.

If you don't like what Nintendo is offering with the Switch, don't buy it. It really is that simple.

Nintendo will never listen to a bunch of hardcore western gamers are saying on a niche forum no matter how loudly they complain. Have you tried complaining to the directly? Tweeting them? Made a YouTube video about it?

This thread is going round in circles. We get it, people are not happy with how Nintendo have released info regarding the Switch or how their approaching certain online services. Don't buy one.

In Autumn / Winter you will know what Nintendo is offering with Switch, make your decision then. All this constant whining about decisions just comes across as entitlement. Make your point, sure, but please stop banging on about it and derailing threads.

I don't think it's that simple. For one, like Rummy says, many people will begrudgingly put up with a service they acknowledge isn't great for the obvious reason of a monopoly (if you want Nintendo games, you need the system). You could say 'vote with your wallet', but then you'd miss out on some pretty cool games. Ultimately whichever choice you make, you're losing out.

Then there's also the issue of debating on this forum. Many people discuss Nintendo here because they care about where it's going and how it might affect them, not because they think Nintendo pays notice to what they post (both positive and negative). In the case of the advice 'buy it months after launch', this could have the deleterious effect of causing another Wii U situation in which third parties rapidly flee the console due to the poor console uptake - making the Switch less enticing later down the line. That, again, is another line of discussion.

Most of all though, I think people genuinely care about the future of Nintendo and like discussing their actions - both positive and negative. Much like we enjoy discussing many things in life, even though most discussions will never amount to any meaningful changes. It's a shame when people do press others about negativity or expression of opinion on here because that is almost always the cause of derailment.

Edited by Sheikah

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelda, Bomberman, MK8, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario, Street Fighter, Sonic, Sonic Mania, Steep, Rayman Legends, Binding of Isaac, Fast RMX, Has Been Heroes, SnipperClips, Shovel Knight, Rime and Redout for me in the first nine months. So far at least.

Did you get the chance to play the beta for Steep? (you've got a ps4 if I've remembered correctly, don't you?) I'm not sure how that'll run on the Switch given the open world nature of it and that it has a few stutters here and there on the ps4 from my experience, partly because of the speed of everything but probably more to do with the online connection to the servers and the open world structure.

While I may not be picking up a Switch I'm interested in hearing how that runs as Steep has been my go to for chilling out over the last month and a bit and while it doesn't quite match SSX for tricks/freestyle, it's still a hell of a lot of fun just exploring. Being able to play that on the go, headphones on and shredding the piste would be amazing, though I suspect it may hit the battery life hard when in the go.

Just seen on GAF that Trump may impose a tax on the gaming industry for non American products and games, which is similar to a policy that the Brazilian currently have.

Obviously this would hurt Nintendo and Sony quite a lot.

But a good time for Nintendo to have ditched regions...

Starting tomorrow I'll be living in cinemas for the next 10 days. This has the side effect of virtually reducing the wait for my Switch with 10 days, since I'll have nothing else on my mind but film.

I've also come around to the idea of the Switch as a portable device. It was never a consideration before pre-ordering, but while I have the option, I may make use of it anyway. A month after the Switch arrives, I'll have my next big film festival, and I can see myself using it during downtime between films, though it depends on which games I have at that point, and if I have a good case / bag for it by then.

I think I only ever played the WiiU at an N-E meet, so I'm asking out of a position of extreme ignorance: was NintendoLand in some sense an answer to PlayStation Home? (Not that anybody ever asked for more of that dross)

Heard some people say NintendoLand was good and would have been one of the few things worth salvaging from a wasteful generation.

I think I only ever played the WiiU at an N-E meet, so I'm asking out of a position of extreme ignorance: was NintendoLand in some sense an answer to PlayStation Home? (Not that anybody ever asked for more of that dross)

Heard some people say NintendoLand was good and would have been one of the few things worth salvaging from a wasteful generation.

Not at all. Nintendo is a pure game. It has a hub world you can wander around and meet miis of your friends and people all over the world. It not live. The game is pretty much a mini game collection which shows off everything the game pad can do. It also has some of the greatest local multiplayer games imagainable and some great experiences alround.

So depressing to see the launch of a new console met with so much pessimism...

I'm looking forward to the Switch and counting the long days, as well as booked the 3rd off. I have a peculiar interest in its hybrid nature because I usually only really bought 3DS' for Pokemon and recent Zelda remakes. Having a console and portable, as well as a casual machine for the gf and non-gaming guests is a tantalising propositio.

I'm sure the online will work out and the first party games at least will flow, with a few third party surprises here and there. Worst case scenario, you don't pay for online or get rid of your console all together... simples.

I wish people had your idea prior to the PS4 Pro reveal. Moaning about Playstation there was shouted down as well, same sort of thing.

This is absolutely hilarious.

People here are questioning and expressing frustration. You, on the other hand, repeatedly spread lies and misinformation in that PS4 Pro thread. Even when you were corrected, you would ignore the replies and two or three days later go back to "They are ending this generation early" and "they've screwed us all over". Not once did you ever post something to actually stimulate any form of discussion, it was constant spam and you know it.

These last two or three pages have been way too OTT from a number of parties. Remember, there's a difference between being deliberately negative and between expressing an opinion over something that is negative. I don't think anyone here is deliberately spamming negative things and trying to ruin conversation. In fact, the conversation was going along fine until people started going crazy for no reason.

Can someone please tidy up this thread? There's a new console coming out yet this feels like the Wii U thread did back in 2012.

Aaanyway

We should be getting a Direct in the next couple of weeks. Should be fun :)

Do go on! Anything you'd like to see?

It's interesting that we had a Fire Emblem one before a console specific one. It makes me wonder if we'll get another 'I.P themed direct' at any point.

Do go on! Anything you'd like to see?

It's interesting that we had a Fire Emblem one before a console specific one. It makes me wonder if we'll get another 'I.P themed direct' at any point.

I need some Pikmin 4 news man... Can't wait to see how lush this one looks.

...And then Pokemon is going to make me drop to ma' knees and thank the good lawd.

On a lighter tone; it seems like the developer of Senran Kagura is developing a SWITCH game. He wants to express “softness” with the touch screen and haptic feedback. This will be good guys!

Source: GoNintendo

It will be censored in the West and made gender neutral!

So depressing to see the launch of a new console met with so much pessimism...

True, but many of us do appreciate the positivity from you and others. You've actually part-convinced me to pre-order one, King V. To be honest, I agree with virtually every criticism the Switch has had thrown at it, but none of it puts me off much. Sure, it's missing a surprising amount of features, but I can't bring myself to be that bothered. It's like it's been made for grumpy old gits like me, who could take or leave the way the industry has gone since the GameCube. At the end of the day we are going to get a phenomenal-looking handheld that plays host to a Zelda that looks like it could well be the best ever. To think we've gone from stuff like Phantom Hourglass to the fully 3D, open-world Breath of the Wild on a portable machine. To me, that's just incredible and wipes out almost any other misgivings.

You, on the other hand, repeatedly spread lies and misinformation in that PS4 Pro thread.

Oh FFS, what a stupid thing to say. I may have gotten a few facts wrong or shared some worst case scenario concerns, but not once did I outright lie. It's the same thing where Ashley gets the price of the Switch Pro controller wrong, or Rummy says Nintendo said something at the press conference they didn't. They got their facts wrong, but they weren't LYING. And as for spreading misinformation, again no. I shared my personal concerns about the mid-generation hardware upgrade and got shouted out from all sides. Meanwhile sharing concerns about the Switch is fair game, because hey, it's Nintendo.

And let's not forget, given by that point there were no facts about the PS4 Pro, there was nothing to lie about!

Aaanyway

We should be getting a Direct in the next couple of weeks. Should be fun :)

Is this a guess or have you heard as much?

True, but many of us do appreciate the positivity from you and others. You've actually part-convinced me to pre-order one, King V. To be honest, I agree with virtually every criticism the Switch has had thrown at it, but none of it puts me off much. Sure, it's missing a surprising amount of features, but I can't bring myself to be that bothered. It's like it's been made for grumpy old gits like me, who could take or leave the way the industry has gone since the GameCube. At the end of the day we are going to get a phenomenal-looking handheld that plays host to a Zelda that looks like it could well be the best ever. To think we've gone from stuff like Phantom Hourglass to the fully 3D, open-world Breath of the Wild on a portable machine. To me, that's just incredible and wipes out almost any other misgivings.

Happy to hear Grazza! I look forward to sharing those amazing BOTW moments within a few weeks...! I wouldn't even class myself as a 'positive' guy, but I have this great feeling about the Switch that I can't shake off. So much potential for never before seen experiences - one of them, as you mentioned, having essentially a portable Wii U.

On fifa shouldn't people wait first before jumping to conclusions?

This tweet from Peter Moore doesn't explicitly say it will be a different fifa for switch?

https://twitter.com/petermooreEA/status/820042981793071107?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If anything it was rebutting the claim it would be the 360/PS3 version.

Edited by liger05

Nintendo Land is a minigame collection and a launch title. You might be thinking of Miiverse, the Nintendo network that received plenty of praise.

Bloody hell, I read a few posts a couple of pages back and instantly 'Noped' to the latest page.

Some of you guys really need a time out.

Anyway, possible direct soon? Exciting.

While I'm not expecting much in terms of games, I do hope to see the UI explained in more detail. Because as it is now, it looks a bit... Well... Crummy. And bare. But mostly Crummy.

(@Rummy's Caucasian Cousin)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!