Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To hell with the expanded market! They were a flash in the pan and left Nintendo for dead. How about you try supporting gamers instead, Nintendo?

I think you're reading way too much into his comment. You have no idea what Nintendo are planning with NX, and that quote just sounds like PR speak.

I think you're reading way too much into his comment. You have no idea what Nintendo are planning with NX, and that quote just sounds like PR speak.

To be fair though, on the flip side of the coin, I think you're not reading enough into the comments. Especially after the Just Dance announcement.

It is worrying.

Anyhoo, I wish Nintendo would put out a video at the end of E3, revealing NX. People will have had time to digest and write up their views on Zelda and so Ninty could then to go out with a bang... it would be immense!

Edited by Kav

Maybe but still doesn't change the fact that the only game Ubisoft confirmed for the NX was a party game.

I think it's a fair conclusion to jump to. It also explains why they only announced Just Dance ( a very family friendly game ) for the NX but said squat about South Park, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, Steep etc.

I think it's a fair conclusion to jump to. It also explains why they only announced Just Dance ( a very family friendly game ) for the NX but said squat about South Park, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, Steep etc.

Maybe Ubisoft had written NX off, produced Just dance as a cheap development title to get some easy money and dev kits, and planned to wait and see with the NX?

Optimistically, perhaps Nintendo really have convinced 3rd parties to support the NX a bit, but were too late in doing so to secure the above titles. So the next round of titles will see an NX version... and to save a big wait after launch, Nintendo shifted the release date to give 3rd parties time to simultaneously release titles on the NX? NX is pencilled in as Q4 this f/y right? what if that is dependent on when those titles come and NX is still aiming for Thanksgiving/Christmas 2016, with a possibility of being pushed to next financial year?

Maybe Ubisoft had written NX off, produced Just dance as a cheap development title to get some easy money and dev kits, and planned to wait and see with the NX?

Optimistically, perhaps Nintendo really have convinced 3rd parties to support the NX a bit, but were too late in doing so to secure the above titles. So the next round of titles will see an NX version... and to save a big wait after launch, Nintendo shifted the release date to give 3rd parties time to simultaneously release titles on the NX? NX is pencilled in as Q4 this f/y right? what if that is dependent on when those titles come and NX is still aiming for Thanksgiving/Christmas 2016, with a possibility of being pushed to next financial year?

That still doesn't fill with confidence because surely they would/should have told developers about the release date and any delays way ahead of time so they could have things ready.

That still doesn't fill with confidence because surely they would/should have told developers about the release date and any delays way ahead of time so they could have things ready.

not at all.. but the Wii U probably gave them a lot of work getting developers on board at all, regardless of the current state of affairs witht he nx. They may have been met with a collective "meh", went into overdrive pulling a couple of 3rd parties on board (perhaps ubisoft weren't one of those they succeeded with) and are now leaving time for those late 3rd parties to put something together in time for the NX release.

And if that is right I would imagine droughts are likely, unless Nintendo are busy filling the first year with first party and indy efforts. Maybe the second year would look more promising, and if initial releases were well received (with un nintendo like 3rd party sales) the third year even pick up slightly... who knows.

Edited by Pestneb

Put me in the terrified camp. Extremely worryin comments. Ubisoft will know all about nx lets be honest. They announce just dance, then say it will get back the family crowd.... Gulp! At worst it's a new a new gimmick and Nintendo prove they really have lost their minds and don't understand the casuals have gone and what gamers want. At best they're just chatting shit. What is likely is worst case - it's a low powered hybrid which I've always felt it would be and cheap enough to appeal to the masses in theory, or best case - Nintendo will release various nx devices from cheap devices through to epsoemsive devices so everyone is catered for. Basically a one, s and Scorpio all at once...

I fear these comments though. I fear Nintendo really do not understand the industry or gamers anymore.

The comments from Ubisoft pointing towards the console being aimed at the casual or non-gamer market is obviously worrying to many fans, but Nintendo's approach with the new Zelda goes entirely against those claims. The new Zelda looks to be as far away from the easy to pick up games that the Wii was best known for and the minimal motion controls and gamepad functionality point towards the NX being a more traditional console.

And reading through the comments that Ubisoft made, they don't really imply that Nintendo will be shifting whole heartedly back to focusing on the new market. The comments just state that Ubisoft has confidence that Nintendo will sell more consoles this time around and that they believe they'll capture some of the family market too. Nintendo lost so many gamers from Wii to Wii U that any talk of recapturing lapsed Wii players can refer as much to gamers like us as to those who had never bought a gaming system before.

Personally, I'd rather look at the great strides forward Nintendo seem to be making with the new Zelda and how that could affect future development than reading too much into a few sentences from a third party developer. And hopefully it won't be too long before Nintendo decide to unveil their NX plans anyway.

Edited by killthenet

I'm not sure what to make of that, but it could simply be that the nx will recapture lapsed Wii owners who didn't get the WiiU, not necessarily that its a wii HD aimed at casuals, in the same way you could say that a beefed up Xbox one could recapture lapsed xbox 360 owners (who migrated to ps4/pc)

At this point they need to show the thing... so I don't go buying PSVR instead of NX.

you almost make it sound like PSVR is something you don't want to buy ;)

If you aren't sold on the psvr then don't buy it, but if you are why do they need to do anything to make you buy the nx?

They wouldn't notice a single lost sale, and you would hopefully be enjoying the psvr that you purchased!

you almost make it sound like PSVR is something you don't want to buy ;)

If you aren't sold on the psvr then don't buy it, but if you are why do they need to do anything to make you buy the nx?

They wouldn't notice a single lost sale, and you would hopefully be enjoying the psvr that you purchased!

I want both, I can't afford both, it's one or the other but I need to know details of each before I make my decision... but the longer Nintendo hold back and with comments/game announcements like that from Ubisoft, the more difficult it is to not put my order for PSVR down.

I want both, I can't afford both, it's one or the other but I need to know details of each before I make my decision... but the longer Nintendo hold back and with comments/game announcements like that from Ubisoft, the more difficult it is to not put my order for PSVR down.

If you get a PSVR in October/November you'll likely have 6 months to save for an NX, you can get both!

I've not seen any game that makes a PSVR worth it tbh. The tech is amazing don't get me wrong, but so far they're all very short and underwhelming experiences. I'd wait for the inevitable second generation headset Sony will release a year or two later.

That bird flying demo looked fun for about 5 minutes, ditto the Star Trek bridge thing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!