NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Badge Arcade (eShop)

Can't wait to finally have a cute Meowth to look at every time I use my 3DS. Hope we don't have to wait too long for that panel to be available. :D

To be fair, if you want all the badges, you're going to have to pay. The free goes only go so far.

Surely not? Don't you just got free goes every day? Is some stuff locked?

Can't wait to finally have a cute Meowth to look at every time I use my 3DS. Hope we don't have to wait too long for that panel to be available. :D

No, it's just there's usually ~20+ panels on the go, with anywhere between 4 and 10 badges and you typically get one or two, maybe 3 or 4 if you're lucky free plays a day

Just 3 months ago I'd have said you were crazy and that Pokémon would never be on it. Now...

DmAmOGP.png

No, it's just there's usually ~20+ panels on the go, with anywhere between 4 and 10 badges and you typically get one or two, maybe 3 or 4 if you're lucky free plays a day

Just 3 months ago I'd have said you were crazy and that Pokémon would never be on it. Now...

DmAmOGP.png

Claims to not like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but has a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon theme...

Hmmmm...

The other PMD theme is better though.

Claims to not like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but has a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon theme...

Hmmmm...

The other PMD theme is better though.

I love the music of Dungeon games.

I love the stories of Dungeon games.

I love the presentation of Dungeon games

I hate the gameplay of Dungeon games to the point it makes me hate the entire package.

This theme has artwork and music from it with none of the gameplay. The music is great. It's not the main theme but is soft and relaxing. It is one of my more favourite Pokémon themes of the ~20 released.

Plus it's one of the 10 latest Pokémon themes so is in my shuffle

I love the music of Dungeon games.

I love the stories of Dungeon games.

I love the presentation of Dungeon games

I hate the gameplay of Dungeon games to the point it makes me hate the entire package.

This theme has artwork and music from it with none of the gameplay. The music is great. It's not the main theme but is soft and relaxing. It is one of my more favourite Pokémon themes of the ~20 released.

Plus it's one of the 10 latest Pokémon themes so is in my shuffle

I know, I'm just messing with you. Just like how I look for any excuse to mention Grumpig. (Oh look, I did it again)

The wait until January is killing me though! I'm on blackout, especially since it's out in America very soon.

Screw Pokemon Z, this is the Pokemon game I want now.

Ah, I forgot about the music. That can make or break a theme. I've heard next to none of the soundtrack, on purpose of course.

This is now up on the eshop, got it downloading at the moment.

Just had a crack at it, seeing as it's free. Managed to grab all but one of the Mario badges. Stupid Goomba kept dropping out of the crane. :D

Managed to get 10 unique badges in total from the initial 5 free plays (plus 2 extra free plays I got from the practice game), pretty happy with that. :hehe:

None of the badges currently available really appeal enough to make me pay REAL money though... yet. :heh:

Where the Mario Kart, Rhythm Tengoku, Nintendo consoles and Wario Ware Badges at? :bouncy:

Anyway, will definitely be checking this game out on a daily basis. :)

Managed to get 10 unique badges in total from the initial 5 free plays (plus 2 extra free plays I got from the practice game), pretty happy with that. :hehe:

None of the badges currently available really appeal enough to make me pay REAL money though... yet. :heh:

Where the Mario Kart, Rhythm Tengoku, Nintendo consoles and Wario Ware Badges at? :bouncy:

Anyway, will definitely be checking this game out on a daily basis. :)

Here's a list of all the series with badges so far

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario 3D World (Labelled as Mario and Friends)

Super Mario Maker

Mario Kart 8

Mario Party 10

Mario & Donkey Kong

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer

Animal Crossing amiibo Festival

Splatoon

WarioWare Inc.

Fire Emblem Fates

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Kirby's Adventure

Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land

Metroid

Yoshi's Woolly World

Pikmin 3

Rhythm Heaven

Tomodachi Life

Daigasso! Band Brothers P

BoxBoy

Pushmo

NES Remix

Pokémon (Pocket Monsters)

Pokémon (Special)

Nikki (Swapnote)

Pixel Series

Nintendo Badge Arcade

Over 3000 badges in Japan

Did anyone else find this to be a bit obnoxious? It took a long time before I was able to actually get to the crane game and win badges, there was a lot of text and tutorials to plough through and when I'd used my free plays the rabbit insisted I try placing the badges on my home screen. Could this all be skipped at all? It was pretty late when I played it last night, so I'm hoping I was just too tired to realise that was a possibility.

I like the badges, but it does seem too easy to spend money. After you've used the free plays and go back into the crane game, as soon as you press A it takes you through to eShop payment, obviously kids spending money they don't have is not going to be as common as with iPad and smartphone games, but it still seems like there should be another barrier there, like an 'Are you sure?' prompt.

The in-depth explanation is only for the first time you load the software up, yes I found it tiring too as I downloaded it instantly and just wanted to have a go but it's fine after that.

Also it does ask you at least twice if you want to purchase more plays and even then if you got past that point you would still have to enter all your credit card details to purchases unless you had them stored on there which I don't.

I haven't spent a penny on it so far and I don't intend to, at least not on extra plays... if the themes are chargable and I like them enough then I might consider purchasing them but only if they are the same prices as the existing themes in the theme shop, so I won't pay any more than £1.50 or so for a theme; hopefully we'll get some free ones though.

The in-depth explanation is only for the first time you load the software up, yes I found it tiring too as I downloaded it instantly and just wanted to have a go but it's fine after that.

He normally pretty chatty, usually after an update. It's one of the reasons I didn't play the Japanese version much.

He normally pretty chatty, usually after an update. It's one of the reasons I didn't play the Japanese version much.

But that's just once a week and it takes all of 30 seconds.

Complaining about a game giving an explanation of how it works is a bit weird...

I didn't mind it personally as I can see it's all tied-in with the persona of the character presenting it to you. :)

It was just a bit wearing having just downloaded it late last night, but the initial explanation was always going to be long so it's all good.

Also there are some nice references and humour in the dialogue too.

Have to admit I was skeptical about this at first but it's actually a nice fun little game. Clever idea, really well implemented.

This game is insidious, evil and exploitatively addictive...

... just like a real crane grabber :laughing:

Heh, I like it myself. Thankfully it doesn't seem to employ the same BS random chance system that the real thing does though, where the machine randomly decides to drop your prize when you clearly had a proper grip on it.

Got all 5 badges on my first free attempt and then got a free chance on the practice one, where I won 3 more badges. Not bad for my first go! :awesome:

I can already see it making lots of money... my sister absolutely loves these crane grabbers and she's already jostling for the Rosalina badge... oh dear...

In this case though, there are some prizes in there that actually would have some monetary value otherwise, so it's not bad really.

I love the little rabbit character already, be it Real Mode or otherwise :laughing:

I'm surprised to see you so tolerant of this @Dcubed. In the past members I have seen you voice strong opinions in regards to free to play style games and things like achievements/trophies exploiting the addictive nature of people. This game does exactly that. Giving you a free hit and then asking for money to continue.

£10 down, 8 sets completed, multiples up the wazoo. He just keeps offering me better deals. I hate the Bunny.

To repeat, this game is going to ruin me.

How does this work exactly? Don't have access to my 3ds. Do you get 5 free goes every day or do you have to pay 90p every 5 goes? If so that seems pretty disgusting to me.

How does this work exactly? Don't have access to my 3ds. Do you get 5 free goes every day or do you have to pay 90p every 5 goes? If so that seems pretty disgusting to me.

You get 5 free tries the first time you play the game. After that you go to the practice crane. You get 5 practice goes picking up fake badges. One of these fake badges may give you a couple of free goes on the proper machines. If not, or you fail to get any fake badges, then you have to pay 90p for 5 turns.

You get 5 free tries the first time you play the game. After that you go to the practice crane. You get 5 practice goes picking up fake badges. One of these fake badges may give you a couple of free goes on the proper machines. If not, or you fail to get any fake badges, then you have to pay 90p for 5 turns.

Hmm. Okay. That's not great is it...? Might pay money for badges I really really want...

Hmm. Okay. That's not great is it...? Might pay money for badges I really really want...

Another thing they do is have a completion rate for each set of badges. So you know full well if you haven't got a completed a set.

Badge sets also rotate. So say you only play the game when you obtain free turns and a Zelda set of badges arrives that you want, you only have a certain amount of days to nab them. If you run out of free turns then you are essentially forced to pay money to get them before they get rotated out, unless you wait until they return. This + the fact the game tells if you have completed a set or not just tick enough boxes to get people to spend their money.

I'm looking at various message boards and so many have been sucked into it already, with many not really wanting to spend what they have or even know why they are doing it. It's very devious.

Edited by Hero-of-Time