NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Badge Arcade (eShop)

Noooooooooo! It... it can't be true! :shakehead

tumblr_ndizufuVkW1rkgihao4_500.gif

I don't have many since I only really properly got things around the Pokémon ones and get the Free Plays only, and not daily, but here's a few of the ones I have from that category but there are many more in each category. For Majora's Mask, for example, there were badges for each mask. There were Metroid ones in a NES Remix category, too

clEKWYE.png3g1mdFx.pngVX8FfPt.pngdGzflGh.pngi3QkUcW.pngn4BeTsF.png

clEKWYE.png

Is that Isabelle in a Varia Suit?

WHY.gif

Well done, Serebii. You've officially driven S.C.G mad and made me confused and annoyed!

Is that Isabelle in a Varia Suit?

Well done, Serebii. You've officially driven S.C.G mad and made me confused and annoyed!

I was going to ask this as well because I can't quite fathom why they did it? :blank:

Isabelle from Animal Crossing has... how much to do with Metroid? :confused:

Nintendo's basically trolling us. :indeed:

I managed to get two badges today, with three plays... not amazing but ah well, they were free plays so. : peace:

Decided to give this a go, made my home screen pretty with the first few free goes:

RhF1PgX.jpg

Is it 5 free goes a day?

Edited by Cube

Is it 5 free goes a day?

Nope!

You use the practice grabber on the far left to play a dummy trial. If you're lucky, one of the "Not real" badges will give you 2 free goes. Don't bank on it though.

You also get one free go every time you get 10 "Not real badges".

Sometimes, you also get free goes when new badges come out. For example, today people got one free go for being a squid.

Naturally, I lied my little face off about that. I don't like Splatoon.

Also, you don't have to play the machine you're put on when you get a free go, you're free to play whatever machine you like.

Got myself the Hammer Brother artwork badge I missed first time today! So I'm happy!

Decided to give this a go, made my home screen pretty with the first few free goes:

RhF1PgX.jpg

ARGH! Why are there no folders!?

You need to take a note from my Home theme!

12239933_870967236355055_9153210939415258741_n.jpg?oh=efbf835e315ce883fbc6fadde47c378d&oe=56FA35F6&__gda__=1459012174_af336a2707c066432d90ce0020c3822f

There's well over 100 applications/games in those beauties!

And there's more badges in those folders as well!

Edited by Glen-i

I've played about six or seven days in a row and have always gotten at least one free go every day, either from the ones they give out with new sets or from the practise catcher. You really don't need to spend any money on this unless you're desperate. It's the usual Nintendo way of doing free to play, half-heartedly and with an apology.

An album of all the badges Japan has:

I wish I hadn't looked at those... :blank:

At least a handful of sets I actually want. :(

You use the practice grabber on the far left to play a dummy trial. If you're lucky, one of the "Not real" badges will give you 2 free goes. Don't bank on it though.

Ah, got three free plays from a quiz thing and the practice one. Replaced most system icons with Splatoon ones.

ARGH! Why are there no folders!?

Yes, I really need to re-organise stuff. I even have old demos on there, like the Smash one.

I need that Bowser Jr. from the Mario & Friends collection. And Flora and Pietro from the Animal Crossing collection. And so many Pokémon badges...

...And also that french fries badge from the Tomodachi Life collection. :laughing:

RhF1PgX.jpg

Yes, I really need to re-organise stuff. I even have old demos on there, like the Smash one.

Well, you get bonus points for having the Sega Megadrive/Mega CD theme at least. :D

It's rather splendid isn't it? : peace:

It's rather splendid isn't it? : peace:

The "launch app" sound is wonderful.

That's better! :)

Today I managed to destroy the practice catcher by getting all the badges twice over! : peace:

Aadly not one of those twelve badges contained any bonus plays so I was left with just the one, also my dummy badge total at the time went up to nineteen so at least those nine dummy badges will carry over until tomorrow so I'm almost certainly going to get a free play tomorrow whatever happens. :D

Because I did so well on the practice catcher I played the machine for real - but not REAL as in real money - and got every badge apart from Luigi... :indeed:

I might just be trying that machine again tomorrow before Weegee disappears. : peace:

It is time, @RedShell! Mario Kart badges are now available. You also get a Mario Kart theme if you have had 10 paid plays. So it's £1.80 for a theme. Not bad at all.

You also get 3 free plays off him today.

Still no badges I'm super interested in, but the three free plays gave me all 7 Koopalings, so I'm happy with that. And then I got another free play from the practice catcher and nabbed the entire Metal Mario/Pink Gold Peach set with that. Pretty good.

Hopefully the Picross release next week means we're getting Pokémon badges then.

Monster Hunter badges have been added in Japan

Monster Hunter X

gwlvgVH.pnge0Py6gh.pngXMGwh9z.pnggu2s6a3.pngg7jFArL.pngxF0uXaz.pngD08yZ54.pngYjTEpUC.png552qqqj.pngG6lR8ur.png2oGrWr9.png

Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Airou Village

P0JF2Bx.pngOf7QaWI.pngoSrxbr2.pngiJyMjM0.png

Edited by Serebii

Still no badges I'm super interested in, but the three free plays gave me all 7 Koopalings, so I'm happy with that. And then I got another free play from the practice catcher and nabbed the entire Metal Mario/Pink Gold Peach set with that. Pretty good.

Hopefully the Picross release next week means we're getting Pokémon badges then.

If this had been released years ago here no doubt I'd have spent money on it, as I'd likely have gone insane trying to get all the Animal Crossing ones while I was addicted to the game New Leaf. Missed opportunity for the rest of the world that, especially considering how popular it was here. Bit worried about Pokemon badges, though, as it may be the thing to get me hooked. Also like the looks of those MM/WW Zelda badges... You can make folders be the bottles, right?

This should be available at the launch of their next handheld, give us 5 or 6 years of badges, not just the last few months of the thing's lifespan.

So how do you know you'll one day succumb to your weakness and spend real (I mean this kind of real) money on this?

In my case, I think a good indication would be when I start dreaming about it.

And yeah, I've already hit that point.

My dream had badges based on the Pokémon XY(&Z) anime. And they were amazing. There was a StreetPass Mii Plaza badge with Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie, I think the Mii Maker had Serena trying to choose which hat to wear, a badge of Trevor with his camera for 3DS Camera, a dancing Tierno with music notes for 3DS Sound, Shauna with shopping bags for the eShop, Clemont with a wrench for the system settings, the Activity Log had Mairin with her Mega Evolution Diary...

"Luckily", I suppose the chances of us getting those or anything like them is rather slim... I'd spend so much money... But I'd love it... My Pokémon thirst is reeeaaal.

there was also a mega (hehe) badge featuring Mairin hugging Alain but that's even less likely to be a badge we'll get so just chalk it up to me being filthy shipper trash ok

In other news, I only got a single play today and used it to safely grab the Bowser kart badge, to go with my Koopalings from yesterday.

Edited by FireMeowth

Anyone else spend the required £1.80 (ten plays) to get the Super Mario Kart theme? @RedShell?

The offer is on until midnight on 01/12/15 and I'm definitely considering it, I'm assuming it's like buying a full theme as well in that you get the scrolling background and the background music too, if so then it seems like a good deal.