NEurope
Crabble

Deadpool Movie, 12 Feb 2016!!!! Yes!!!!

So Fox has finally decided to greenlight the Deadpool movie, presumably after the test footage did so well and the success of "off the wall" films like Guardians Of The Galaxy.

What do we think? Will this work? Or are we just deluding ourselves? If Reynolds doesn't do it, who would you pick instead?

Why do Fox hold the Deadpool license?

Tbh I was always a bit hit and miss on deadpool, slowly grew to like him when they replaced Gambit with him for Wolverine and Gambit(now Deadpool, but I believe their storylines have crossed now) - but then @Magnus Peterson lent me some of the Cable and Deadpool stuff and I really grew to like him through that.

Not sure who I'd pick for him(tbh I never thought Reynolds first time either), but having seen before I think Reynolds'd play it well.

Hopefully they will be willing to take the risk of doing it right. As you said the test footage went over really well.

The one thing I hope for is that it is R-Rated/18. Not just because it is arguable the character needs it to be, but also because it would be something different to the rest of the genre.

Why do Fox hold the Deadpool license?

He's a Mutant and

He was part of the Weapon X programme that spawned Adamantium Wolverine, the experiment gave him some of his abilities and also sent him insane

I for one think this is great news...who to play him though? Ryan Reynolds played a good Wade Wilson until the writers decided to merge his character with another and well create an abomination:shakehead

if not him i wonder who would be good in the role?

Oh yeah, I'm aware of his origins and what not - but how broad/overarching is that license?! Could claim almost anyone in the whole marvel universe - most have had run-ins with the X-men at some point or other!!

My original issue when I heard about Ryan Reynolds(all those years ago) was that he was too pretty. I want them to have his face all mashed up if they make a film, rather than some good looking actor(though there can certainly be one underneath it all).

Oh yeah, I'm aware of his origins and what not - but how broad/overarching is that license?! Could claim almost anyone in the whole marvel universe - most have had run-ins with the X-men at some point or other!!

It's quite complicated, and some things are allowed to be used by both - like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (who were in Days of Future Past and will be in Age of Ultron).

I would love to know what allows Quicksilver to appear in both, but prevents Marvel using other X-Men who have been in the Avengers.

Obviously there is something in the contract, but would be interested to know how the son and daughter of one of THE biggest elements of the X-Universe slipped through the net.

Perhaps Marvel just gave Fox a big FU and said we are going to use them, sue us if you dare.

probably because during original rights it was ambiguous Fox get X-men (named; X Y Z Wolverine etc) and all other mutants, Marvel retains all Avengers and associated characters....Quicksilver and Scarlet witch are both, it probably wasn't picked up by the legal people (who probably knew nothing of the mythos) until one went to introduce the character and the other noticed thinking they had the rights....I think something similar was said in a press thing/interview with someone, the only reason Wolverine doesn't have the same get out is because he'll have been specifically named in the contract as an X-man

Its still all bullshit, they could both produce films, use each others characters and make money - they argue one movie could impact on another's profits etc...sure if you make crap movies, both using the characters would surely create competition to create the best movies

but then Lawyers decide this not people with common sense "mmmmm well subsection 4 of paragrph 72 of page 7 of the first schedule in the legal document prevents the use of X Y and Z, so we'd need to renegotiate the contract following a settlement to cancel this one mmmmmmm"

I saw an interview one time where it said things like Super Skrull could be used by both, and obviously Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Kevin Feige said there is a small list of characters that multiple companies can use.

Speaking of - did the rights for Ghost Rider revert back yet?

Despite Blade reverting back there was a rumour recently that Wesley Snipes had been approached about a Blade 4.

They did. We just don't like talking about it

I'm actually excited for this film. I'm all for variety, what with all the superhero movies of late.

Half the Movie he was Wade Wilson, the other half weapon something or other took over, i can accept the first part...but yes that was the joke

EDIT:

OK didnt realise Colossus was gonna be in this too....and it's not the same actor as the X-Men films... I thought this movie was to tie-in with the X-Men films so Fox could expand their own Cinematic Universe with this, X-Men and FF?

Or was it they just wanted a different actor/could get the other guy back?