NEurope
lostmario

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

God it looks incredible! And incredibly fun too!

I still can't believe that Canvas Curse is getting a sequel! :D and on a HD console to boot! It just feels crazy (...ily awesome) to me :D

Game looks so so so so good. This is when kirby's best, when he's not a straight platformer :)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Gameplay Demo – IGN Live: Gamescom 2014

And that video just demonstrates why I've had the game pre-ordered since its reveal, simply stunning, :heart:

Game looks so so so so good. This is when kirby's best, when he's not a straight platformer :)

I prefer the straight forward platformers over those with new gameplay features. Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby's Adventure Wii are simply amazing. Music, gameplay, graphics, these games have it all.

That's not to say I don't like things like Cavas Curse or Epic Yarn. Both are very fun games to play as well and shows that Kirby is a very versatile character/IP. Given the nature of his ability to become anything, this suits him well. :D

And that video just demonstrates why I've had the game pre-ordered since its reveal, simply stunning, :heart:

Agreed. I'd argue that these are the most realistic graphics to have ever hit gaming. It looks like clay, down to finger impressions

I'd argue that these are the most realistic graphics to have ever hit gaming.

Are you serious? :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

That's meant to be clay??

Rather than digital textures, the game features handcrafted art assets and clay which forms the various game levels.

Source

The_Swapper_-_Clay_01.png

It is clay, and when you play the game (i.e. see it in motion) you can clearly make that out. It's stunningly beautiful.

You should get The Swapper in November when it gets a Wii U release (not only for the graphics. The game is amazing).

Just to be clear: I'm not saying the Kirby game looks bad. It looks good, but nowhere near "the most realistic [clay] graphics to have ever hit gaming."

I would have to say that the definitions are different...

Kirby = Graphics made to look like clay

The Swapper = Clay assets put into a game

That's the clear difference right there. :)

Both are impressive in their own right but by definition Kirby still has some of the most realistic clay graphics in a game. : peace:

Both are impressive in their own right but by definition Kirby still has some of the most realistic clay graphics in a game. : peace:

I see.

Still not the most realistic graphics to have ever hit gaming :p Clay graphics, sure. But nothing more.

This is why I love Nintendo. It looks so different and fresh. I just feel the rest of the industry are going in one direction, and Nintendo in another. Sometimes that annoys me, but other times I love it as it means totally unique games like this.

I prefer the straight forward platformers over those with new gameplay features. Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby's Adventure Wii are simply amazing. Music, gameplay, graphics, these games have it all.

That's not to say I don't like things like Cavas Curse or Epic Yarn. Both are very fun games to play as well and shows that Kirby is a very versatile character/IP. Given the nature of his ability to become anything, this suits him well. :D

Haven't played those two :) Feally want the 3ds version though

Yeah, this game looks absolutely incredible, so it'll be a real shame if it has to be played exclusively on the GamePad screen. icon13.gif

Is it known if the TV will also display the game, or will it be a HUD/map like the DS one?

I'm thinking/hoping it'd be possible to play this using the stylus but while looking at the TV (with some practice :heh:) to properly appreciate the visuals. :hehe:

Yeah, this game looks absolutely incredible, so it'll be a real shame if it has to be played exclusively on the GamePad screen. icon13.gif

Is it known if the TV will also display the game, or will it be a HUD/map like the DS one?

I'm thinking/hoping it'd be possible to play this using the stylus but while looking at the TV (with some practice :heh:) to properly appreciate the visuals. :hehe:

The game can be played on the TV. If you fast forward to 6:18 they talk about this. I'd imagine it would be extremely difficult to do though without knowing exactly where the stylus will appear on the TV. I couldn't do it.

One of my friends is a graphic artist and paints using a tablet and a monitor. You look at the monitor and 'paint' on the tablet, which actually has no picture on it, but is a resistive touch screen much like the Wii U Gamepad. The only difference is a curser displays on the screen.

So this could work in exactly the same way. You move a curser around the page and press a button when you want to draw.

Yeah, the TV and the Gamepad show the same thing in this game.

Good luck trying to tap Kirby without looking directly at the Gamepad though! (Which you need to do in order to make Kirby dash/move)

Good luck trying to tap Kirby without looking directly at the Gamepad though! (Which you need to do in order to make Kirby dash/move)
Do you have to tap directly on Kirby to dash in Canvas Curse? (can't remember it's been so long :woops:) Surely taping anywhere on screen should work, especially for the Wii U version. ::shrug:

Do you have to tap directly on Kirby to dash in Canvas Curse? (can't remember it's been so long :woops:) Surely taping anywhere on screen should work, especially for the Wii U version. ::shrug:

Yup. There are also lots of other things you need to tap directly, like enemies (to stun them), blocks (to break them), switches (to activate them) etc.

Yeah, this is one that you'll need to play on the Gamepad screen... (the TV view is really for passive watchers to enjoy).

Yup. There are also lots of other things you need to tap directly, like enemies (to stun them), blocks (to break them), switches (to activate them) etc.
Oh yeah. :grin: Damn my bad memory.

Yeah, this is one that you'll need to play on the Gamepad screen... (the TV view is really for passive watchers to enjoy).
Nooooooooo!!!! :shakehead

Compression really kills the PQ of the GamePad, on reds especially. Kirby's gonna have fuzzy feet. :(

Kirby's gonna have fuzzy feet. :(

I don't mean to dismiss your concerns... But this did make me chuckle. :laughing:

Fuzzy feet. :heh:

I completely agree though, as it happens!

Oh yeah. :grin: Damn my bad memory.

Nooooooooo!!!! :shakehead

Compression really kills the PQ of the GamePad, on reds especially. Kirby's gonna have fuzzy feet. :(

The Gamepad PQ is pretty damn good though (although as you rightfully said though, red doesn't compress well, so yeah. Kirby's gonna have cute little fuzzy feet :laughing:)

You'll be able to gawk at the TV from moment to moment though. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make use of the two asymmetric screens throughout as well (and the motion controls - The team at HAL really liked using it in Kirby Triple Deluxe, so I expect to see it used here somehow as well!)