NEurope
lostmario

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Okay. So this is coming out 22nd jan in Japan. February in America. And SECOND HALF OF 2015 for Europe... What the fuck is that all about? A 6 month delay? Why? And we thought toad delay was taking the piss.

Okay. So this is coming out 22nd jan in Japan. February in America. And SECOND HALF OF 2015 for Europe... What the fuck is that all about? A 6 month delay? Why? And we thought toad delay was taking the piss.

Hadn't realised there was such a delay for Europe. Now I see why some people weren't happy. Luckily, I don't think I'm really interested in it but OUCH for those that care.

I'm more concerned with Xenoblade Chronicles X "targeting 2015" and I bet that's just for Japan if they're lucky. Sounds like 2016 for us Westerners.

@Wii, Xenoblade is Spring 2015 for Japan.

No. I'm talking about the sequel X for Wii U.

No. I'm talking about the sequel X for Wii U.

I'm also taking about X on Wii U.

Completely agreed, it's total bollocks. It feels like the 1990s all over again (it's always Kirby. NOE ALWAYS fuck up with Kirby! The only time we've ever gotten a real proper release for the Kirby games is with Kirby Mass Attack and Kirby's Return to Dreamland; too bad they fucked up the latter game's name in Europe though...)

NOE have been doing so well recently as well. But of course, their irrational hatred for Kirby strikes once again :(

I did think something was up during the Nintendo Direct. It only hit me right at the end of the video but it hit my hype like a ton of bricks as I suddenly realised that absolutely NOTHING was announced for release on Wii U before May 2015. I couldn't believe that this could happen, to have it be even worse than the first half of this year! Lo and behold, I now have my explaination :mad:

I still think they'll probably release Yoshi's Wooly World in March, but that's still really bad to have nothing lined up for Febuary or April. Bi-monthly retail releases aren't good enough!

Seeing the Zapper/Super Scope games FINALLY get re-released on Virtual Console is just barely enough to contain my anger over the delay... just barely...

I'm also taking about X on Wii U.

I've seen that since. He didn't make it clear in the video which region, he just said targeting 2015 while showing Japanese footage. Can't wait for it.

Cannot fucking believe the time this is coming out.

Was so hyped watching the trailer and the release date killed it because it turned my smile into a frown.

I wonder if that boxart has a clay-like texture when you touch it.

I also wonder if the US boxart will look exactly like that, except with an angry look.

Oh my god that box art is unbelievable... Still can't believe it's getting such a heavy delay in Europe (and replaced with nothing)...

Just imagine we get clay balls of the amigo characters... Seamus' morph ball makes sense, but even squished ball versions of all the characters would be good fun I think!

Oh my god that box art is unbelievable... Still can't believe it's getting such a heavy delay in Europe (and replaced with nothing)...

Just imagine we get clay balls of the amigo characters... Seamus' morph ball makes sense, but even squished ball versions of all the characters would be good fun I think!

Hah, imagine Mr. Game & Watch:

blu+10.jpg

:grin:

Changing the string "pants" to "trousers" takes a long time you know.

North American Kirby and the Rainbow Curse boxart

kirby-rainbow-curse-boxart.jpg

NOA have seen sense for once and just stuck with the Japanese boxart. The Americans very often get the lesser boxart compared to other regions. CT:TT being the most recently released example.

Every time I hear news about this game I get frustrated. I really wish some journalist would ask Nintendo why it's being so heavily delayed in Europe. It doesn't make any sense.

North American Kirby and the Rainbow Curse boxart

kirby-rainbow-curse-boxart.jpg

NOA have seen sense for once and just stuck with the Japanese boxart. The Americans very often get the lesser boxart compared to other regions. CT:TT being the most recently released example.

This must be a ruse, it has to be!

I refuse to believe that they didn't angrify the box! They've only ever done that once before (Kirby Superstar Ultra) and then reverted straight back into typical angry mode right afterwards!

They're trying to trick us here! :p

The stylus is getting ready to draw them angry eyebrows. 2 little lines and the whole tone changes.

jpg

jpg

Angry Kirby and the Rainbow Curse boxart

XFNNfdX.jpg

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Artwork

B5UPuP8CYAAjBm4.jpg

B5UPtQbCMAAo6km.jpg

B5UPuZCCUAAyU6J.jpg

B5UPvTtCEAAFMX1.jpg

[TWEET]546360237251231746[/TWEET]

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) listed for $45 at EB and Amazon in Canada

aw these at RFD:

https://www.ebgames.ca/WiiU/Games/719083/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse

http://www.amazon.ca/Kirby-Rainbow-Curse-Wii-U/dp/B00LCHU8IO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1419047941&sr=8-6&keywords=kirby

So yep, looks like it's following in Toad's footsteps as it is in Japan and getting a budget release! Naturally in the US it'll be $40, but nice to have some indication that it will indeed be budget priced.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=955987

I have to reiterate again in my opinion that $45 which they'll convert to €40 despite it being nothing like that on the exchange rate is not a budget price. I don't want to get into that again. My point is €30 is a budget price. Remember Players Choice on Gamecube and laterly Nintendo Selects for Wii? They were priced at €30. And add in that the game is coming here 6 months later than the rest of the world the price tag will be even more unfair. It's another game that could easily be an eShop download. From a distance you'd think it was a 3DS game. What do people think? Is £35/€40 a fair price? There is a bit of leeway, sometimes it can range £30-35 or €40-45 depending on the shop. Unless it's Gamestop, where you'll get mugged.

Edit: I overpriced the Nintendo Selects titles.

Although recommended prices aren't provided in Europe as they are in North America($19.99), the Nintendo Selects range typically retails for £19.99 and less in the UK or €24.99 and less in Europe.
Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Is that actually artwork, or models the design team has made to then animate in the game or something? They look awesome.

Is that actually artwork, or models the design team has made to then animate in the game or something? They look awesome.

They're probably real models. I imagine that it would actually be much easier to physically make them than to 3D model them.

Japanese Kirby and the Rainbow Curse introduction video

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has 28 story stages and 40 challenge stages, amiibo support detailed

kirby.png

Today’s Japanese trailer for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse reveals a few new details about the game. We now know that it will include 28 story stages plus 40 challenge stages.

Additionally, Nintendo provided first information about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse’s amiibo support. The Kirby figure will allow players to star dash at any time. Meta Knight provides a special mask and higher attack, while Dedede also has a unique mask and offers higher health.

Japanese Kirby and the Rainbow Curse site open – intro, new gameplay

kirby-intro-e1419568243868.jpg

Nintendo opened a new Japanese website for Japanese Kirby and the Rainbow Curse today. Access it here.

We’ve gone ahead and pulled Kirby’s intro from the site. We’ve also rounded up all of the various gameplay clips. Find all of the footage below.

There's tonnes of stuff on the Japanese site including bite size videos of using the 3 amiibos. ;) It puts you at a real advantage over those that don't own them.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

28 levels sounds a bit limp....

And the worst amiibo support yet :(

Same price as Captain Toad. This is a budget release. 28 stages and 40 challenge stages seems decently sized.

28 levels sounds a bit limp....

And the worst amiibo support yet :(

Have you seen the comparison clips of their use here?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/amiibo/index.html

I think it's a lot better than some of their implementation in other games so far. And as I said using them gives you a good advantage over non owners. We still don't know what they do in Captain Toad. As for the 28 levels, yes I agree but they'll argue that it's a "budget" game.