NEurope
lostmario

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

The aesthetics of this game are just stunning. It's such a shame that most of gameplay will be spent looking at the GamePad

28 levels sounds a bit limp....

And the worst amiibo support yet :(

28 levels and 40 Challenge Mode stages is significantly longer than the original Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush (which had 21 levels, 3 minigames and 3 boss battles; not counting the final boss battle. That's it!)

The stages in the DS game were also longer than your typical Kirby level as well, so I'd assume that the same applies here.

The aesthetics of this game are just stunning. It's such a shame that most of gameplay will be spent looking at the GamePad

Unless you're playing multiplayer, then the 3 Waddle Dee players get to play on the TV ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Amiibo put you at a real advantage how? just in terms of making the game easier because of the abilities it gives you? I don't know why anyone would want that?

Looks gorgeous in vids. Shame it won't look anything like that on the gamepad.

Gives me another reason to moan at Nintendo for not going with 720p screen resolution on the pad.

To be honest if I had a choice over playing this game on the current low res gamepad or 3DS I would rather it was released on the 3DS.

Gamepad hurts my hands, hate the rubbish battery life and playing this game on my travels would be perfect.

Maybe I was just thinking of toads 70 levels, 28 just seems very few to me, hopefully they're a decent size!

They'll probably take 4x longer to complete than the Captain Toad levels

Here's hoping. As much as Toad is a good game, the levels in the main section can be done in a few minutes.

• Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will take up 3.5GB, Nintendo’s website confirms.
  • Save files are another 1.5 MB.
  • There are three save files, by the way.
  • The GamePad is mandatory for single-player in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
  • Those who join in for co-op (up to three additional players) can use the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller Pro.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/detail/

The GamePad is mandatory for single-player in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Well, gee Nintendo. DUUUUUUHHHH!

Couldn't resist, sorry.

• Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will take up 3.5GB, Nintendo’s website confirms.
  • Save files are another 1.5 MB.
  • There are three save files, by the way.
  • The GamePad is mandatory for single-player in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.
  • Those who join in for co-op (up to three additional players) can use the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller Pro.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/detail/

Well that's a nice touch :) (no motion controls though? A shame. Could've been some potential there, but I suppose they have already done that three times now with Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Kirby's Adventure Wii and Triple Deluxe, so eh :p )

Also, no GCN controller support? Don't see why not? Why not give it another use for those who have them lying around?

Japanese Kirby and the Rainbow Curse ad

Japanese Kirby and the Rainbow Curse amiibo ad

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Trailer Analysis (Secrets & Hidden Details)

Famitsu have reviewed Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and given it 8/8/9/9. 34/40 or 85%. I'm betting the games length lost it some points.

It's not all about game length.

Yeah. It's not even 4GB. That probably cost it some points. :p

Seriously though, I'm still intrigued by this but don't like I'll be looking at the GamePad constantly rather than the TV screen

I can't wait for this game, still irritated by it's second half of 2015 release. Really hope they backtrack and tomorrow it's confirmed for feb/march. Perfect Spring game!

Wii U - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Gameplay Trailer

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Nintendo Direct U.S. Feed

I think this is really cool and deserves a mention.

[TWEET]551095276019396609[/TWEET]

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Analysis - Nintendo Direct (Secrets & Hidden Details +YOUR Ideas!)

It's so depressing watching that. The game looks incredible and we have to wait so long |:( unnecessarily so....

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: Starting the Adventure - IGN Plays

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: Watch Amiibo in Action - IGN Plays