Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Splatoon

Retro_Link

Seriously?

*shakes head in dismay*

EDIT: Just seen it myself. Good job, Nintendo. You make an online shooter and don't give us the option to talk to our team. Fantastic.

It's not just that, it's that you can't even talk to your friends. That's not what gaming is about, it's about having fun and chatting to your friends whilst playing is fun! It's so disheartening.

Nintendon't.

This game does truly looks amazing. Lack of voice chat is very disappointing but not a deal breaker for me.

I really want to play it, it looks like such fun

Indeed.

The game oozes that Nintendo charm that you've come to expect from their games. Like you, i'm disappointed about the lack of chat but it's still a day 1 purchase for me.

In regards to the voice chat issue, i've bumped up THIS thread for us all to have a good rant. Hopefully this will keep things in here a little more positive, especially with all of the previews and info being released.

Don't you think that not buying the game due to lack of voice chat is a bit of an over-reaction?

I never play any other online shooter while I'm not talking to friends, so I likely won't play much multiplayer in Splatoon.

large.gif

I wholeheartedly agree with this GIF.

Batten the hatches. Shit's going to get real in here now.

My actual input: insane that it's not there. For a co-operative 'shooter' to not have voice chat is absolutely bizarre.

Edited by Sheikah

Don't you think that not buying the game due to lack of voice chat is a bit of an over-reaction?

I don't. I feel I was ripped off with MK8 and Smash. I wish I could rewind time and not spend the money on them.

Wow. I have no words.

Me too. I'm just gutted, it's so disheartening. I'd have looked forward to this game if it had voice chat... without being able to chat with my friends I find that games generally just lose a little too much (funnily, Monster Hunter is an exception. Sure it lacks something but it still manages to dig it's claws into me).

Saw all the activity in here and instantly knew the shit had hit the fan. :heh:

At least the lack of voice chat is finally confirmed. Hopefully discussion in this thread will soon be able to focus on the game itself, which really does look and sound amazing. :awesome:

Single player:

Liking the music in those vids, nice to know that style from the 2nd trailer is going to feature in-game. :yay:

At least the lack of voice chat is finally confirmed. Hopefully discussion in this thread will soon be able to focus on the game itself, which really does look and sound amazing. :awesome:

Don't get your hopes up!

1080p and locked 60fps is a nice bonus too. Looks glorious. I just hope the single player campaign is meaty enough.