NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I was gonna comment on the lack of rotation last night, but i accidently deleted my post on my phone.

Every time I'm online it seems to be rainmaker? To the point I only tend to play turf wars at the moment because of it.

Rainmaker would probably be fun if everyone in the lobby pulled their weight, but some of the levels don't require you to go anywhere before its game over.

I think ranked should include Turf Wars and Non-Ranked should include SZ, TC & RM, only difference being ranking points are only contested in ranked. Least that way you would get more variety.

yeah I'm not so sure why turf wars isn't available in ranked. I don't know how many players they regularly have online, but it would be nice if they allowed you to pick a different mode..maybe have a default mode that you will play, but if the game finds 8 others who are interested in your selected mode then you can play that with them in ranked...

It's crappy design decisions such as this that's stopping this game living up to it's potential. It's so unfortunate!

It's crappy design decisions such as this that's stopping this game living up to it's potential. It's so unfortunate!

I would go with frustrating.

You have to wonder whether they even look at what everyone else is doing in terms of online games. I always get the impression that if Nintendo don't invent it, then they aren't interested in doing it.

I think the game now has the population to sustain regional/worldwide and separate mode casual matchmaking. I'm fine with ranked sticking with the stupid rotation system as I barely ever play it these days, but all of the game modes should be available in their own casual unranked matchmaking playlists.

Variety is a good thing and there's plenty of it in Splatoon, but it's currently always on Nintendo's terms and that's gotta change.

To be fair to nintendo I think they do it for the purposes of match-making, they didn't know how popular it was going to be and wanted to make sure there were always players. As they analyse the figures maybe, hopepfully they'll do something like - choice of two different ranked modes. Then build it slowly. Nothing worse than having an online game and there's never anyone online to actually play it

Getting excited about diving back into this over the weekend!

Just got 2/5 plays on the new stage - i definitely bloody like it! Really open and so much wall inking! A great mechanic that is really used to the max here. Cant wait to get my inkbrush out on this one at some point...

It's a funny game, it just doesn't pull me to much, but I decide to play it and after first few seconds I can't get enough from it :D, but I do manage to come off after about 10 games as I have to.

Aw yeah, that's way cooler than Autobots vs Decepticons!

Nintendo Europe, why...?

Aw yeah, that's way cooler than Autobots vs Decepticons!

Not even joking, BTW.

Don't like Transformers at all.

This is a far more general voting thing. Having a product based one is actually quite bad if you think about it.

What about the poor players who don't even like Transformers?

I was on this earlier levelling up some clothing I bought, gave the Squiffer a go and kicked some ass with it. It's a great little killing machine.

We so need to be able to create classes so I can quick select between set-ups during lobbies... swapping each individually takes too long.

On the up, there are 9 of your most recent gear on the first page of your equipment page. So if you have 9 set ups you use regularly, they will be there fairly easily, you only have to go digging for more rarely used gear and weapons.

But yes, it would be nice if you had set ups that could be accessed super quickly.

I'm really enjoying the new map, it's holding it's entertainment value for me easily, I hope the next one (there is a next one, right?) is just as good!

Just had a great match in kelp dome, one of our 4 dropped out, 3 vs 4 and we still won!

Having said that, we'd appreciate a helping hand if anyone is anywhere near a Wii U with splatoon...

Japan's getting the soundtrack on October 21st, including tracks from the latest update

I've had this for a month now. At the beginning I wasn't too keen, played around 5 or 6 matches then switched it off. Over the past couple of days I've completely fallen in love with it, probably because I unlocked ranked matches. At first I thought it was pretty shallow and it didn't really grab me, but now I'm going for unlocks, mixing up my weapons (the bucket is amazing) and leveling up pretty rapidly. The variety in the the game modes, maps and weapons is amazing. It feels like a proper shooter, only Nintendofied. The soundtrack is spectauclar. I've been sitting here all evening playing. I really don't know how Nintendo still manage to stay fresh (sorry) after all these years. Hands down my game of the year. Looking forward to future updates, and all the surprises they have in store for us. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it.

I've had this for a month now. At the beginning I wasn't too keen, played around 5 or 6 matches then switched it off. Over the past couple of days I've completely fallen in love with it, probably because I unlocked ranked matches. At first I thought it was pretty shallow and it didn't really grab me, but now I'm going for unlocks, mixing up my weapons (the bucket is amazing) and leveling up pretty rapidly. The variety in the the game modes, maps and weapons is amazing. It feels like a proper shooter, only Nintendofied. The soundtrack is spectauclar. I've been sitting here all evening playing. I really don't know how Nintendo still manage to stay fresh (sorry) after all these years. Hands down my game of the year. Looking forward to future updates, and all the surprises they have in store for us. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it.

:blank:

You should have joined us on skype! Wii seemed to be around most of the evening, we could have had some private matches, 3v3!

He was indeed the Nick on my friendslist! Keep an eye on the online thread @Nicktendo - wanna try and get a regular tuesday get together going.

Both look interesting! I enjoyed the Nozzlenose for a bit after it arrived; but it wasn't quite all round enough to see me through to keeping it for long. Bamboozler looks interesting! Is that a long shot but close explosion sort of thing?

How are people finding this weeks splatfest?

I've had sing v sing, bit of a wait to find my opponents, mostly seems to be wins for my team so far.. but that is just one team out of presumably hundreds/thousands... so which teams have people picked (if you are playing!)

I went with team dance as the lesser of two evils. Quite funny to see all the singing supporters dancing away in the plaza though, they should have made them sing instead! Not had any problems with finding teams or dropping out, but got paired with a lot of low level players early on. Made it a real slog levelling up, lost a few matches even with 1200+ score. Did make it to the top rank though, and am now Dancing Queen... um, feel the beat of my tambourine?