N-Europe

Ratchet & Clank

Retro_Link

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played one either, but then I was Nintendo (and Dreamcast) only before I picked up a PS3 late in its life.

I've looked at picking up the likes of Tools of Destruction onwards in the past, but...

... This couldn't be a more perfect intro.

I've not kept up with the series but i do remember having a good time with one of the games on PS2, I played through it with a friend. Definitely looking forward to this.

Deadlocked/Gladiator is one of the worst games in the series, so you're going to love this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's been a while since I've had a traditional 3D platformer.

You'll be waiting a while longer then cause this is hardly a traditional 3D platformer. The worlds are mostly flat open terrains that you run through shooting everything in sight. I'd say it's more of a third person shooter than a platformer.

I've heard really great things about this game and it's tempting, especially as it seems to be a discounted price game. It's been a while since I've had a traditional 3D platformer.

Have you not played any of them before? Absolutely fantastic series of games. Great story, hilarious dialogue, lovable characters, amazing weapons and plenty of platforming make this a series to love.

I can't wait to play this. It's been too long since we had a new R&C game. Roll on Friday. :yay:

I never played them - closest I ever got was a Clank backpack in the first Resistance game, lol.

I heard it's James Arnold Taylor voicing Ratchet (Tidus), so that's cool.

Not mightily bothered if it's more shooting focused, I'm still impressed by what I've seen so far.

I heard it's James Arnold Taylor voicing Ratchet (Tidus), so that's cool.

Even cooler for a Nintendo fan like you, Charles Martinet voiced a character in Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.

Although I guess that doesn't matter for this game.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this on a whim yesterday.

I intended to wait until I was done with RE: Revelations 2 but that is wearing me down and I've been grinding it out for what feels like ages.

Needed something a bit more fun to play, so picked this up from Argos for £27 which isn't too bad.

Really glad I did.

I've played a fair bit of the series, so it was a no brainer I was going to enjoy it.

It just looks and plays like a dream.

Only played for a couple of hours so far, really looking forward to sinking more time into it.

I bought this on a whim yesterday.

I intended to wait until I was done with RE: Revelations 2 but that is wearing me down and I've been grinding it out for what feels like ages.

Needed something a bit more fun to play, so picked this up from Argos for £27 which isn't too bad.

Really glad I did.

I've played a fair bit of the series, so it was a no brainer I was going to enjoy it.

It just looks and plays like a dream.

Only played for a couple of hours so far, really looking forward to sinking more time into it.

I seen you playing this last night and was wondering if you were enjoying it.

I finished it a couple of times over the weekend and nabbed the platinum. Absolutely brilliant game. All the charm and humour that the series is known for is still there. As you said, the game looks amazing. Stunning at times.

Keep an eye out for the Spyro and Resistance nods. :grin:

Have you come across Solitary Bill yet? His back and forth between Qwark is hilarious. :D

I finished it a couple of times over the weekend and nabbed the platinum. Absolutely brilliant game. All the charm and humour that the series is known for is still there. As you said, the game looks amazing. Stunning at times.

Have you come across Solitary Bill yet? His back and forth between Qwark is hilarious. :D

Yeah, loving it.

My mate at work has finished it recently (I convinced him to buy it) and he really enjoyed it.

I don't think I have come across Solitary Bill yet. I shall keep an eye out but I love Captain Qwark anyway :grin: kills me. So any cut scenes with him generally have me chuckling. :hehe:

Looking forward to playing more but my gaming time has been massively cut down due to moving house and all my spare time going on decorating. :p

I will find some time tonight though hopefully!

Yeah, loving it.

My mate at work has finished it recently (I convinced him to buy it) and he really enjoyed it.

I don't think I have come across Solitary Bill yet. I shall keep an eye out but I love Captain Qwark anyway :grin: kills me. So any cut scenes with him generally have me chuckling. :hehe:

Qwark is legendary. He reminds me of Zapp Brannigan from Futurama. :D

Near the end of the game, Clank is prying something loose and Ratchet asks him, "what are you doing?!" and then Clank says, "improvising" and Ratchet gives him this knowing look and I just know this is a callback to something, but I've played the game twice now and have no idea to what?

I can't be the only one who thought the story was utter trash in this game? At least the gameplay held up.

I finished this just before.

I really enjoyed it, as expected.

The story was fine, I don't think it's the kind of game that requires a fleshed out story really, but with the big personalities of the characters I guess it could have done a little more.

I can't wait to go through the game again now. I still marvel at how amazing it looks. Such a gorgeous game.

I haven't really got a bad thing to say about it. :)

The thing is, Ratchet & Clank stories can be so much more than 'fine'. The last twenty minutes of A Crack in Time are amazing. This is a barely-coherent mess in comparison. And why do Ratchet and Clank barely interact in the game? Shrug-smiley_zpslsc9agrs.gif

When do you have time for girls and stuff. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Finished this properly a few days ago. Plat get.

I didn't want it to end.

I had to start a third play through to level up 2 weapons fully and I ended up carrying on even after I'd got all the trophies because I just absolutely loved it.

Easily my GOTY contender and I can't see it being topped, although I have just started Uncharted.

The trophies were also pretty good ones. I liked the secret achievements, and unlocked several without having to consult the guide, but they were good fun.

I sound like a broken record but it's the games visuals that really blew me away.

It's an absolute must have game for any PS4 owner in my opinion.

It's a shame that it has been overshadowed by other big releases at the minute, which has resulted in not a lot of people talking about it, but I'm sure people will eventually get onto it. And then kick themselves that they played other games over it first. :heh:

Here's hoping for a second PS4 R&C soon!