NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Could one of RedShell's favourite franchises be making a return?

So a patent popped up yesterday that looks an awful lot like what could be a Wii Music sequel. True, these things sometimes mean absolutely nothing, but at the same time it could be a hint of what's to come.

wiimusicu_1i2sse.png

wiimusicu_26bsvr.png

wiimusicu_39msf8.png

wiimusicu_49cs6k.png

wiimusicu_5sssq2.png

wiimusicu_6hcsgz.png

wiimusicu_7ljs2x.png

wiimusicu_8jysbx.png

FIELD

[0002] The technology shown here relates to a storage medium having stored therein an information processing program, an information processing apparatus, an information processing system, and an information processing method, and in particular, relates to a storage medium having stored therein an information processing program for, for example, outputting a sound from a loudspeaker, and an information processing apparatus, an information processing system, and an information processing method for, for example, outputting a sound from a loudspeaker.

BACKGROUND AND SUMMARY

[0003] Conventionally, there is a game apparatus that outputs the sound of performing one composition as an ensemble using a plurality of instruments. In the game apparatus, a user selects a part to be assigned to the user themselves. When the selection of the assigned part is completed, the ensemble is started. Then, the user can participate in the ensemble by performing an input operation based on the assigned part.

[0004] The game apparatus, however, can merely provide the audio output of the composition performed as an ensemble from, for example, a pair of loudspeakers provided in a monitor. Thus, even a composition performed as an ensemble may lack variety, as compared to other types of sound outputs.

[0005] Therefore, it is an object of an exemplary embodiment to provide a storage medium having stored therein an information processing program capable of a wide variety of sound outputs, and an information processing apparatus, an information processing system, and an information processing method that are capable of a wide variety of sound outputs.

[0006] To achieve the above object, the exemplary embodiment can employ, for example, the following configurations. It should be noted that it is understood that, to interpret the descriptions of the claims, the scope of the claims should be interpreted only by the descriptions of the claims. If there is a conflict between the descriptions of the claims and the descriptions of the specification, the descriptions of the claims take precedence.

[0007] An exemplary configuration of a non-transitory computer-readable storage medium having stored therein an information processing program according to the exemplary embodiment is executed by a computer of an information processing apparatus for outputting an image and a sound to a first display apparatus having a first loudspeaker and for outputting at least a sound to another apparatus having a second loudspeaker. The information processing program causes the computer to execute: generating an image including at least a part of a virtual world as a first display image; generating a first sound created in the virtual world; selecting, in accordance with a user operation, a second sound forming a part of the first sound; performing control such that the first display image is displayed on the first display apparatus; performing control such that the generated first sound is output from the first loudspeaker in synchronization with the first display image displayed on the first display apparatus; and performing control such that the selected second sound is output from the second loudspeaker.

Miyamoto certainly has hinted about another game in the past.

It seems that Shigeru Miyamoto is still interested in making a sequel to Wii Music. Last year he told ONM that there may be developments in the future and now he has laid out his plans for the future of the music series in a fresh interview with Techland, even hinting that there could be room for Mario in a sequel.

"There's a lot of potential still in Wii Music," said Miyamoto. "Because we're going to change it up, a new interface is coming, and all of that."

And what about that role for Mario? Miyamoto seems torn on the idea. Asked why Mario wasn't in the original, Miyamoto said "It's a good question. That's not to say if there's another Wii Music, Mario wouldn't make an appearance. If we get more people to understand what's going on in the game concept, then he might appear in the game. I don't know. But, mostly, Mario is really action-oriented."

He went on to argue that Mario "can't play guitar with those hands." Good point.

I didn't care for the original but I would love to see this announced at this years E3, purely for the meltdowns across the net. :heh:

...Original RPG IP from Nintendo featuring a musical main party that fights with the power of music confirmed! :heh:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :bouncy:

LET THE MELTDOWNS COMMENCE! :D

1IYM.gif

I know the majority of people won't give a shit (or even be annoyed at the possibility of a new Mii Music) but I reckon this has some serious potential.

As anyone that really got into Wii Music will know, it was actually a fantastic piece of software. I spent over 100 immensely enjoyable hours with it, and have longed for a sequel ever since.

If they sort the issue of track variation, especially increasing the number of Nintendo tracks available, then it could be a real winner.

I'll just quote my wishlist from the Wii Music thread... :D

Wii Music Plus? :hehe:

Have to admit I'm pretty surprised by that even being a possibility after the totally frosty and unjustified reception Wii Music got. But it would be so sweet if they did the following...

• Bigger and more varied track list.
  • DLC, with as much Nintendo music as possible.
  • Add some creative control to the music videos. Camera, transitions, special effects, etc...
  • Ability to save videos to SD card for unlimited storage capacity.
  • Fix the video searching thing so it's not just at startup.
  • Have an option the check out random music vids over WFC. Or submit songs for competitions, Wii Music Channel perhaps?
  • Motion+ support. Not that I think it needs it, as the controls were perfect for me in Wii Music. But I suppose they could add some neat new aspects to certain instruments with the improved accuracy.

If a follow-up did happen, with even just a few of those enhancements I'd be there on day one for sure! :)

Dual Wii Remote drumming is a must as well. ;)

One thing's for sure, this is definitely a title that could make great use of the GamePad and Miiverse.

@RedShell, I'm surprised you haven't said the most obvious improvement that should be done: creating your own music and being able to browse and play tracks that others have made.

@RedShell, I'm surprised you haven't said the most obvious improvement that should be done: creating your own music and being able to browse and play tracks that others have made.
Indeed. I have thought about this before, it's definitely something that I'd love to see included, and if it was a traditional rhythm game (with Simon Says style gameplay) then I imagine it could be. But seeing as Wii Music has to adapt each track based on the input of the player in real-time, I get the feeling custom songs could be a difficult, perhaps even impossible addition? ::shrug:

Saw the title and knew it straight away. :D

Count me in as one of the Wii Music groupies. Different, fascinating and actually a pretty deep title. Improved instruments and the additions mentioned above would be awesome.

Maybe a tie-in with K0RG as well?

Might as well call it Wii Music: Redshell Edition at that point :p

Wii Music was probably the biggest surprise on Wii as I actually really enjoyed it despite all the hate it received :yay:

The severe lack of music hampered it, unfortunately. If there was more freedom and a larger selection of tracks, I'd possibly still be playing it to this day :smile: As it is, though, the dozens of hours I got out of it with my friends were awesome but we probably milked it about as far as we could..

I will never understand the universal hatred Wii Music gets.

Unless you've remixed a track using nothing but Beatboxers and a turntable. You are not allowed to have any say on whether it sucks or not.

Ah Wii Music, the franchise I fondly refer to as PUKE. smiley-sick015.gif

I will never understand the universal hatred Wii Music gets.

I have played the game and did think it was junk, but my actual hatred stems more from this.

If it turns out they make a new Wii Music, despite Nintendo's current situation, I'm starting a petition to have Miyamoto, Iwata and Reggie perform sepuku on stage during next year's E3.

Seriously, Nintendo should avoid making ANY 2D-style games or ANY minigame compilations. It's been done to death and will not drive console sales in the slightest.

...Original RPG IP from Nintendo featuring a musical main party that fights with the power of music confirmed! :heh:

9b0a6b7194f1198eac268e16e408a7d1.jpg

9b0a6b7194f1198eac268e16e408a7d1.jpg

See, you know what I'm talking about :grin:

If we did see an EBA-styled game marketed properly for the Wii U, that would be a winner: a Guitar-Hero-style game that depends on the Gamepad? Fuck yeah.

I'm very sorry. I referred to Wii Music as a franchise when it needs a sequel to maybe be considered by some to be so.

If this is a big release it woudbe incredibly surprising... You'd think the disaster of all the Wii series rerelease on Wii u woud help them learn... But aside from a business and image perspective, I also enjoyed Wii music, and with much better online options and sharing it could be far superior and exciting, for me, how they do jam with the band - great mutiplayer, song creation, sharing sharing, loads and loads and loads of dlc, then it coud be a really good, cheap, eshop game!

I have played the game and did think it was junk, but my actual hatred stems more from this.

Well, that made me smile.

My younger sister could play better than that, and she has no rhythm!

That conference really was worse than I remember... Hilarious stuff.

But I still stand by Wii Music. I sunk days into that and still think it doesn't deserve the searing rage it gets.