NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Never really played them. Don't really interest me.

Crazy. Easily one of Nintendos most charming and lovable franchises. Kirby Triple Deluxe is up there for my personal GOTY. Each to their own though. : peace:

Triple Deluxe is the only Kirby game I've played but I agree it was fantastic.

I think the Kirby series of Amiibos are my favourite. Kirby, Metaknight and King Dedede all look great, and I remember Kirby on the NES was almost snes levels of good looking, so I learnt to love the series!

I love kirby the characters but I in,y really love the crazy games - tilt and tumble, cursed canvas etc I find kirby NES one of the dullest games imaginable.

Saying that. I'm checking ebay every week for a chewp version of kirby adventures and want to try triple deluxe!

My first set of Amiibo's arrived today. Saw them in person for the first time and had a play with them at our local StreetPass event over the weekend, and I couldn't resist ordering a few!

B4cQBxrCYAEVeG8.jpg:large

A friend has picked up Kirby for me and I'm also hoping to get a Villager before the end of the year. Will get Mario, Link and Pikachu someday, not that bothered about the rest of the first wave. Hoping we see Wario and Bowser Jr soon!

Now to train my DK in time for the Amibo tournament on the 22nd!

Were the ones from Nintendo themselves well packaged?

Got my 2nd Marth and Wii Fit Trainer today. Came in a box, but not with (a) Fox. They were pretty tight in the box, and no padding, but no damage which is good since I'm keeping Marth sealed.

The packaging is really nice and makes them very desirable. I'd love to follow suit @Hero\-of\-Time and get two of each but with so many Smash ones on the way I just can't afford it. I'll prob just buy one of each and the occasional extra one to open. Can't wait for Toon Link, Mega Man and Duck Hunt Duo especially :)

Got Peach delivered today :nono:

Anyone who is after the hard to find Kirby Nintendo UK store just got him back in stock.

At least if mine was lost, I can get another pretty quick

Villager is in stock on GAME website. If you want him you better be quick. Just remember Game charge £15.00 but it's still cheaper than Ebay!

Villager is in stock on GAME website. If you want him you better be quick. Just remember Game charge £15.00 but it's still cheaper than Ebay!

*Shudder* I refuse to get one from GAME, especially for the price they are charging. Rather get them online from Nintendo.

*Shudder* I refuse to get one from GAME, especially for the price they are charging. Rather get them online from Nintendo.

Makes no difference anyway as it sold out in 5 minutes. :D

GAME have waves 2 and 3 up for pre-order for £10.99 online - bets they'll still be £15 in-store?

My entire 3rd wave are on order via the Nintendo store - not really sure what to expect from them though, definitely not holding out for release day delivery. Ah well, long way away yet.

In wave 2 news, Little Mac, Pit and Captain Falcon are on their way from Japan. Should hopefully arrive before the end of the week. Will definitely post pics/impressions when they arrive, but the US lot should have theirs by then.

Seems the US release has been somewhat staggered - Diddy, Mac and Zelda are showing up now while Falcon, Weegee and Pit seem to be delayed until the original planned US release (whenever that is).

Edited by Guy

I think it'll just be Bowser Jr, but I'd pay for an Amiibo box set of all 8 characters for sure - or some way to exchange the character inside or whatever.

I saw that last night at about 10:30pm, so jumped straight on it:

villager.jpg

Checked this morning before work and they're out of stock already.

Dunno if you guys can get to a Smyths toy store, but it's an untapped resource. My one near my work had loads of Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and all the others. Just didn't have Villager unfortunately.

For some reason people here tend to forget it's there which works for me.

Only got 3 so far (with Villager being my 4th when it arrives)

IMG_8240.jpg

Edited by Murr

I think it's safe to say that the Amiibo idea has been a success. Granted we haven't got any sales data yet but going by how fast these are selling out ( not just Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer ) over here and in the U.S. it seems they are printing money.

It just goes to show just how strong their IPs/characters are to a lot of people. They have a very broad appeal, much like the Disney character brands.

I think it's safe to say that the Amiibo idea has been a success. Granted we haven't got any sales data yet but going by how fast these are selling out ( not just Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer ) over here and in the U.S. it seems they are printing money.

It just goes to show just how strong their IPs/characters are to a lot of people. They have a very broad appeal, much like the Disney character brands.

And with the 3DS having 4 multimillion sellers in 6 months in Japan (soon to be 5) and the Wii U bouncing back a little thanks to Smash & Mario Kart, and following the first operating profit in a quarter in 3 years, Nintendo's back!

Amiibo was a fantastic idea. People thought it'd fail due to lack of a game requiring them like Skylanders, but this proves otherwise.

That said, I want a free eShop game that activates on the eShop for you to download when you scan an amiibo, and requires amiibos to function. An Amiibo NintendoLand if necessary. I think they could continue the NintendoLand concept and merge it with Amiibo so you're playing as your figures in the mini-games

So, are these worth the money? I might buy one for Smash Bros fun but am I right in reading they can only store one game's worth of data?I'm just not sure how that values as a novelty going forwards.

So, are these worth the money? I might buy one for Smash Bros fun but am I right in reading they can only store one game's worth of data?I'm just not sure how that values as a novelty going forwards.

As a gameplay experience I don't think they are, but that's not why i'm buying them. :D

As a gameplay experience I don't think they are, but that's not why i'm buying them. :D

As much I think people loading up on all of them are insane (and I mean that affectionately) it does highlight how much money Nintendo has been missing by not tapping into the figures market more then they have been.

I think the one game storage is literally just the storage on the amiibo. If you have Smash data stored, then wipe the amiibo outside of smash, When you next scan it I think smash will let you restore the locally stored data. I did mean to test that theory with my newest amiibo, but I forgot and he's such a good fighter I don't want to risk losing him!

In smash I've actually found my amiibo to be good sparring partners, I can now actually beat my level 50 Mario or level 48 Pikachu one on one which is an improvement on my part, as I couldn't beat my level 40 Mario a few days ago.

I like to have my amiibo with me in a team battle against the CPU on 8 player smash, just because I find myself losing track of my character so often, so I think the FP have a slight advantage.

But no, for their use in smash/hyrule warriors/MK8 they aren't worth it... I'm not sure what value I would put on them for those uses... probably under £1.. but by the features being attached to a physical figurine it personalises the rewards... Particularly in smash, if my mario fp was just a character I developed in game it would feel weaker.

Their main worth is as figurines though, so it really does come down to the aesthetic appeal you attach to them - the game uses are just an added bonus.

I see Amazon had the Villager in stock for all of 10 minutes. The little guy sells out like crazy. It doesn't help that scalpers are probably buying him in bulk.

Makes no difference anyway as it sold out in 5 minutes. :D

Unsurprising, Villager seems to be popular

Amazon review for Fox:

my mum bought this as well for my newphew as they are getting him as many as they can so when he gets the game for christmas he will be able to play them all.

Is it just me, or does it look like they think that you can only play the characters you get amiibos of? That's crazy, if that were true they'd have to pay nearly £600 for the full game - Nintendo are onto a winner if enough people are under this impression!

Wondering if they'll realise their mistake when he starts playing the game.. and if they do how annoyed they'll be :D

Although I'm sure the nephew will be happy with the amiibos.. maybe he fed them the misinformation? :D

I think Amiibo is a great idea, even for gameplay, I like the mario kart suits, I like training them in smash, I love the bonuses in hyrule warriors; none of it is incredible, but all nice touches, as well as having nice figures too. Plus we're only going to get more uses for them which is exciting.

As for success, it seems to be great, but I worry it could be more Nintendo not being able to stock them than genuine demand. But I have no idea. Hope its successful and nintneno continue to give us constant bonuses in their games, let indies do it, let 3rd parties access it, and they all work for the next set of consoles. Great concept.