NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

E3 Predictions 2014 - Wii U

Only slight concern is releasing a few smaller games that take advantage rather than another blockbuster game.

Yes, that's exactly what I thought too. Hope they haven't split their teams up to make too many small, experimental games. I would rather they just made some fantastic "big" games than ones that particularly utilise the controller's screen. It doesn't matter to me whether they justify the GamePad or not, as they are not going to keep using it for their next console, surely?

Originally Posted by Fan translation of Nintendo's Japanese QA transcroption

Today I only spoke about Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers For Wii U in terms of Wii U software, however, at the E3 event to be held in June in Los Angeles we will discuss other software as well. Also, at that time, we will introduce multiple games that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it. These titles have been developed by internal teams under the guidance of Mr. Miyamoto (Board Member, General Manager of the Development Division). The software titles that we will show at E3, which make use of the Game Pad, will range from near complete titles to titles that are early in development, but will demonstrate the titles' core appeals. We are preparing multiple software like this for the show.

Well, well, well.

This could go either way I guess.

This could go the Paper Mario: Sticker Star way or the Mario Creativity way.

I guess Miyamoto has always been at his best when it comes to neat gameplay ideas, so I'm intrigued.

Well, well, well.

This could go either way I guess.

This could go the Paper Mario: Sticker Star way or the Mario Creativity way.

I guess Miyamoto has always been at his best when it comes to neat gameplay ideas, so I'm intrigued.

Sorry to crush your hype but that quote means nothing. Miyamoto looks over all of EAD's games; it doesn't mean that he's directly involved in any of them.

Sorry to crush your hype but that quote means nothing. Miyamoto looks over all of EAD's games; it doesn't mean that he's directly involved in any of them.

That said, last year he did say he was working on a new IP :)

So, Nintendo said they're going to reveal games that utilise the gamepad in some unique way at E3, so any predictions of what those are going to be? I hope it's not just more minigames and platforming...

Pokemon Snap 2 is a pretty obvious one. Metroid Prime the of other. Fatal Frama new game, maybe even a collection remastered using the gamepad. Maybe some advance wars battalion wars game using it. Hopefully so e board game type collection.

Outside of that I think new ip, small eshop games with great uses.

Would love it to be a more substantial Pokemon Snap though worthy of this generation of hardware. Like the free roaming island setting we discussed before, where you actually have to think and plan/solve puzzles to find the Pokemon in the wild.

Would love it to be a more substantial Pokemon Snap though worthy of this generation of hardware. Like the free roaming island setting we discussed before, where you actually have to think and plan/solve puzzles to find the Pokemon in the wild.

They NEED to release a Pokemon Snap 2 which comes with an Office Chair so you can spin around and explore. Doing that for Zelda (Nintendo Land) was absolutely amazing, I NEED IT FOR POKEMON!

I don't know where's more appropriate, here or Wii U general discussion because this is not a prediction, it's a fact. This is this years E3 floor plan.

e3_2014_southhall.png

e3_2014_westhall.png

I will make a small prediction however. A remake of Majora's Mask is coming and it'll be

both 3DS and Wii U.

I don't know where's more appropriate, here or Wii U general discussion because this is not a prediction, it's a fact. This is this years E3 floor plan.

Yeah, we could really do with an official Nintendo E3 topic to post the plans and the hype gifs. Penguins would have to be added closer to the time though.

True, but one section of that will be the clubnintendo video bit. Still awesome though. Really hope they go all out with games and blow everyone out the water!

So what's the 'reserved' Nintendo space? a place only for selected guests?

@Wii why on earth would Majora's Mask come out on two consoles?

Nintendo's booth is the same size as last year's...

Sony's is smaller? Is that right?

So what's the 'reserved' Nintendo space? a place only for selected guests?

@Wii why on earth would Majora's Mask come out on two consoles?

Smash Bros. says hello. I say it because it's possible to put it on Wii U minus the 3D of course, the demand is there for both platforms and Wii U needs games.

I think a Majora's Mask remake on both Wii U and 3DS is probably the silliest E3 prediction I've ever seen. Especially when it comes with the reasoning that "Smash Bros says hello".

I wouldn't get your hopes up :laughing:

[/b]

Smash Bros. says hello. I say it because it's possible to put it on Wii U minus the 3D of course, the demand is there for both platforms and Wii U needs games.

Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U are different entries in the series...

Majora's Mask is one game.

A 3DS version by the developers of OOT 3DS sure, but what would Nintendo gain from a Wii U remake when they could be working on Zelda Wii U, as well as far bigger priorities.

Edited by Retro_Link

Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U are different entries in the series...

Majora's Mask is one game.

A 3DS version by the developers of OOT 3DS sure, but what would Nintendo gain from a Wii U remake when they could be working on Zelda Wii U, as well as far bigger priorities.

I know that Smash Bros. is different on each platform. It's just people thought it was silly for it to be on both platforms and that one would detract attention from the other. I don't remember anybody predicting that would be on both pieces of hardware. I'm not talking about 2 separate sets of assets, I'm just saying it could be a direct port from 3DS with whatever simple bells and whistles the Wii U can afford to give it because of the bump up in hardware. There's people who own a Wii U that want it, like me for one. I don't own a 3DS. It could just be an eShop release to minimize costs. Another example I'd give is Resident Evil: Revelations. Never say never.

I know that Smash Bros. is different on each platform. It's just people thought it was silly for it to be on both platforms and that one would detract attention from the other. I don't remember anybody predicting that would be on both pieces of hardware. I'm not talking about 2 separate sets of assets, I'm just saying it could be a direct port from 3DS with whatever simple bells and whistles the Wii U can afford to give it because of the bump up in hardware. There's people who own a Wii U that want it, like me for one. I don't own a 3DS. It could just be an eShop release to minimize costs. Another example I'd give is Resident Evil: Revelations. Never say never.
Yeah that's one of the desires behind Nintendo's next system being a handheld-home console hybrid of some kind, so that you're not put at a disadvantage from playing great Nintendo games because you cannot justify/afford owning both systems.

Even just porting 3DS games to the eShop like you say would be a great idea, but I think isn't perhaps possible at the moment due to the different hardware. Hopefully the next console(s) even if not a hybrid can remedy this.

Although with the handheld market being Nintendo's most profitable, it would make more sense for them to port home console games to the handheld... a far more difficult achievement surely, unless the handheld [component] is very high spec. Tough one.

Sorry dude, it's a pretty bad idea. Resident Evil: Revelations is a strange case and hopefully an exception. If we do get a Majora's Mask remake (not sure why we'd want it, it's great as it is), it'll have to be on either one or the other. If it's for the 3DS and has 3D features, I can't see it also appearing on the Wii U. My money would be it appearing on the 3DS. I can't see Nintendo giving us ANOTHER Zelda for the Wii U so soon after Wind Waker...

In fact, Majora's Mask for 3DS would mean 3 Zeldas on 3DS, two of them being remakes. Can't see it, personally. That seems excessive.

Had a go at making an E3 Bingo Card earlier, after coming across a template on GAF.

10390194_10152026737431432_3660083752260450991_n.jpg

When is Yarn Yoshi expected? I'm hopeful for a July/August release, even though I've played through 3 new Nintendo platformers in the last 3 months :heh:

Making some changes to my original predictions

My Predictions

Only listing what I think will be the big announcements

3DS

Majora's Mask 3D

Super Mario 3D Land 2

New 3DS model with NFC sensor built in, slimmer, lighter etc. Same price as current 3DS as they will phase that one out, available late July

2D Metroid by Retro Studios

Wii U

Zelda U

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Wii Sports Club - retail release

Luigi's Mansion 3

[/b]

I can understand this approach to get as much catchment as possible and both have valid USPs: 3D and HD.

@lostmario would absolutely love a re-modelled 3DS XL!

Yes, that's exactly what I thought too. Hope they haven't split their teams up to make too many small, experimental games. I would rather they just made some fantastic "big" games than ones that particularly utilise the controller's screen. It doesn't matter to me whether they justify the GamePad or not, as they are not going to keep using it for their next console, surely?

I think that depends on how you'd define a "small" game.

I'd like to consider Pilowtings, Starfox 64 and Waverace quite small games, with their limited ammount of features and simple structures.

I'd rather see new, slightly expanded entries in those franchises than a single Skyrim sized game. Mainly because I think the Wii U library needs to grow and be more varied.

On the other hand, I'd like to see one Skyrim sized game than ten Dr. Luigi/NES Remix style games.

Had a go at making an E3 Bingo Card earlier, after coming across a template on GAF.

10390194_10152026737431432_3660083752260450991_n.jpg

When is Yarn Yoshi expected? I'm hopeful for a July/August release, even though I've played through 3 new Nintendo platformers in the last 3 months :heh:

HD Dreamcast games and I will shut up and give Nintendo all my money.

Give Retro Studios the Bond license, have them develop a game which expands upon the open level design of Goldeneye (indeed, if they do it to the extent that it's sort of like Hitman 2) and I will give them a soul (not MY soul, stupid. How am I supposed to enjoy the game if I've given away my own soul?).