NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

E3 Predictions 2014 - Wii U

Are we doing an E3 bingo card thread this year? I LOVE doing E3 bingo cards! :D

Wii U

New Starfox - Sequel to Starfox adventures, big story mode featuring multiple planets to visit (think, Ratchet and Clank style) Also features a Mission mode that is typical SF style flight levels that can be played by up to 2 players. Finally, an online dogfight mode.

New Metroid - Start of a new trilogy, made by Retro, FPS like prime

New Zelda- Looks just like the tease from the Wii U reveal video, biggest Zelda yet with multiple towns and NPC's to interact with. Will also feature a Dark Souls style message system where you can leave messages in dungeons that will appear in other people's games

New Pokemon - Would love a fully fledged RPG but this will likely be a fighting game featuring NFC with Pokemon figures

More gamecube HD remastered titles

Advance wars U

3DS

Majoras mask 3D

Metroid - 2D game that will act as a bridge between the end of Prime and the new Wii U title

New 3DS model

Edited by magicmilner

So, anyone expecting a new Wii U & Pro controller sku? (how would the new system updates correlate with such a pairing?)

I can't see them ditching the Gamepad, it wouldn't be a good idea at all. If anything their new games will be much more pad-focused.

So, anyone expecting a new Wii U & Pro controller sku? (how would the new system updates correlate with such a pairing?)

Nah. They've made it perfectly clear that going forward with the GamePad is what they want to do. If they did announce a new sku without the pad I would be HIGHLY surprised.

Yeah. Not happening. In fact the opposite, we're going to see games which NEED the gamepad. And I can't wait.

NFC NINTENDOLAND please, with new attractions added, online, leaderboards - perfect!

I'd actually rather have one with built-in GameCube ports, and all games going forward compatible with it. Existing owners could use the adaptor.

I predict doom!

they will announce a new SKU a Wii/U 2; a combined Wii and WiiU console in the same shell, comes with out a Gamepad so as not to confuse those who will use wii functionality, game cube ports will be included, it will come with only a Wiimote and WiiU Pro controller, will confusingly come bundled with 2 WiiU games - Nintendo Land and Super Mario Kart

Gamepad to be sold separately for use with the Wii/U 2 and will be branded as such

New Mario 3D World 2 because the fans wanted it

New Rayman exclusively for WiiU

Batman Arkham Asylum WiiU edition

seriously though, i have no idea what to expect other than what we know exists, more X, more Bayonetta, More Zelda U, More hyrule Warriors

new game wise? no idea given the strange decisions from nintendo

but i fully expect the 3DS to be amazing

I'd actually rather have one with built-in GameCube ports, and all games going forward compatible with it. Existing owners could use the adaptor.

That's a great idea, they could release it in line with Gamecube HD titles, downloadable for most but if you buy the Wii U (Cubed) then you get a retail version of the first five GC HD games on one disc, those games being...

Super Smash Bros Melee

Super Mario Sunshine

Metroid Prime

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

Luigi's Mansion

Plus a demo of F-Zero GX HD Ultimate Online edition. :P

:blank:

What? I can dream can't I? :indeed:

Yeah. Not happening. In fact the opposite, we're going to see games which NEED the gamepad. And I can't wait.

NFC NINTENDOLAND please, with new attractions added, online, leaderboards - perfect!

Don't see no reason why they can't do both? A cheaper option for the casual/impulse buyer - more gamepad stuff for the faithful?

Don't see no reason why they can't do both? A cheaper option for the casual/impulse buyer - more gamepad stuff for the faithful?

Think it'll add more confusion, they see the gamepad as the differentiator and want to show that off. Selling one without is admitting defeat, will never happen.

Think it'll add more confusion, they see the gamepad as the differentiator and want to show that off. Selling one without is admitting defeat, will never happen.

DONT CRUSH MY DREAMZ... besides this is Nintendo.

DONT CRUSH MY DREAMZ... besides this is Nintendo.

Why do you want a gamepad less Wii u so bad?

Why do you want a gamepad less Wii u so bad?

Nah, I don't really need it. I just feel the easing of price from such an sku will make it easier to adopt.

I'm perfectly happy with the gamepad in any case.

YEAR OF ZELDA.

Zelda Wii U

Hyrule Warriors

Majora's Mask Remake

Four Swords U

Zelda Calibur

Nintendo-Namco collaboration. Rather than porting an existing Soul Calibur and include Link, Namco create a brand new game containing 20 different fighters from the Zelda univers, ranging from Link, Ganondorf, Zelda and other popular characters, to generic enemies, such as a dual-sword wielding Gerudo, Hylian soldier and a Stalfos. Actual Soul Calibur characters are to be made available as an extra piece of DLC.

gerudo1qi1.jpg

I think we'll see Zelda U, Majoras mask, advance wars, pilotwings, Metroid and Pokemon snap 2

Zelda Calibur

I'd rather have Fire Emblem Calibur :heh: The two series have a lot of themes in common (except for the shapeshifting animals who would be awesome in a fighting game as well)

I think we'll see Zelda U, Majoras mask, advance wars, pilotwings, Metroid and Pokemon snap 2

Year of Zelda and Pokemon? Snap will make good use of the gamepad and that street battle tease is still out there.

In between the releases of X/Y and ruby/sapphire - I'd say it's about time for some sort of home console interactivity.

Year of Zelda and Pokemon? Snap will make good use of the gamepad and that street battle tease is still out there.

In between the releases of X/Y and ruby/sapphire - I'd say it's about time for some sort of home console interactivity.

The Nintendo IGN podcast ( that it was Jose specifically ) mentioned it would be crazy good if Ruby and Sapphire arrived on the. 3DS and then Emerald on the WiiU. He said it would a pipe dream but I certainly like the idea.

The Nintendo IGN podcast ( that it was Jose specifically ) mentioned it would be crazy good if Ruby and Sapphire arrived on the. 3DS and then Emerald on the WiiU. He said it would a pipe dream but I certainly like the idea.

That was my idea too! Makes good sense - the third installment usually sells the less and with stuff like new features and game-specific Pokemon - that's just such a great opportunity to at least broaden Pokemon a bit. (and boost the rpg genre on home consoles).

I'm just making my E3 Bingo Card for NINTENDO's Digital Event and when it comes to The Legend of Zelda, does anyone here think Link might be female this time around?

I believe I read a quote somewhere from Aonuma in which he was being really vague about the sex of Link and Zelda and it got me thinking that the roles may change: Link will be a girl somewhere on the outskirts of the land and Zelda could be a noble prince.

Sounds pretty weird, and the more I think about it the more improbable it sounds.

As others have pointed out, Link has been send on the androgynous route more and more in his 3D outings.

I'm just making my E3 Bingo Card for NINTENDO's Digital Event and when it comes to The Legend of Zelda, does anyone here think Link might be female this time around?

I believe I read a quote somewhere from Aonuma in which he was being really vague about the sex of Link and Zelda and it got me thinking that the roles may change: Link will be a girl somewhere on the outskirts of the land and Zelda could be a noble prince.

Sounds pretty weird, and the more I think about it the more improbable it sounds.

As others have pointed out, Link has been send on the androgynous route more and more in his 3D outings.

I would still love for the roles to be reversed but not the character. Having Zelda rescue Link would be great. Just look at Super Princess Peach! :) Oh, and no I don't count the Wand of Gamelon!