NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

E3 Predictions 2014 - Wii U

A 'Nintendo Sports' label would be awesome :yay:

Stuff like Excitebike, Wave Race, 1080, Super Tennis, NBA Courtside, Nintendo Touch Golf and the resurrection of Pennant Chase would provide a nice variety of 'realistic' sports games, along with reviving something like Super Soccer, from the now defunct Human Interactive, or working with SEGA to bring an improved Virtua Striker and some of their other sports franchises to the Wii U.

In fairness, it would be unlikely to have much of an influence on other console owners to purchase a Wii U but it would fill a massive gap for those of us who only own Nintendo's console :heh:

That would add variety to the Wii U lineup. And that's just what the machine needs.

So is anyone changing their predictions for E3 based on the latest Wii U forecast? It seems like a lot of people are taking it as a sign that Nintendo don't have much planned this year... :blank:

So is anyone changing their predictions for E3 based on the latest Wii U forecast? It seems like a lot of people are taking it as a sign that Nintendo don't have much planned this year... :blank:

*looks at E3 prediction*

My predictions: Nothing. I'm going in empty. Zero expectations. First E3 in a long time where I'm not hyped at all.

"So is anyone changing their predictions for E3?"

Nah. :heh:

*looks at E3 prediction*

"So is anyone changing their predictions for E3?"

Nah. :heh:

Anyone that predicted something. :heh:

I'm a bit scared that this will eventually mean that smaller new concepts get pushed aside in favor of titles that "always do the trick". Just for the sake of playing it safe now that business is going rather bad.

Also know as Mario, mario, mario and some zelda

I'm pretty sure we get some Mario. Plus some NEW stuff and Mario.

Haven't even seen their forecast.... They not expecting many sales then? Oh boy.... I'd be surprised if they don't have a lot to show personally.

I'm a bit scared that this will eventually mean that smaller new concepts get pushed aside in favor of titles that "always do the trick". Just for the sake of playing it safe now that business is going rather bad.

Also know as Mario, mario, mario and some zelda

Might be the opposite. Games like Metroid and Zelda must be more expensive and time-consuming to make, and we know from Twilight Princess that Nintendo gets nervous about them not reaching a big enough audience (apparently we have Miyamoto to thank that it was actually released on GC).

So it could be that we just see lots of quick, cheap ideas.

Nintendo stated in their report that they want to gain momentum this year.

Atless they're just trying to fool their investors, they REALLY need to release a whole slew of games to fill the gaps in their lineup, both when it comes to the release schedule and when it comes to variety in their line up.

It has been confirmed that there are more third parties making games based on their IP's, so hopefully some stuff will be shown at E3.

So, according to the investor Q&A, Nintendo is going to reveal quite a lot of new content at E3. I am excited!

So, according to the investor Q&A, Nintendo is going to reveal quite a lot of new content at E3. I am excited!

Still waiting on the official translation myself but if that guy is right...

Today I only spoke about Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers For Wii U in terms of Wii U software' date=' however, at the E3 event to be held in June in Los Angeles [b']we will discuss other software as well[/b]. Also, at that time, we will introduce multiple games that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it. These titles have been developed by internal teams under the guidance of Mr. Miyamoto (Board Member, General Manager of the Development Division). The software titles that we will show at E3, which make use of the Game Pad, will range from near complete titles to titles that are early in development, but will demonstrate the titles' core appeals. We are preparing multiple software like this for the show.

... then I'm getting rock hard for this E3. That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear! :D

Still waiting on the official translation myself but if that guy is right...

... then I'm getting rock hard for this E3. That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear! :D

My translator also came to the conclusion, and I trust him as he does it professionally :)

My translator also came to the conclusion, and I trust him as he does it professionally :)

Excellent! (I imagined that to be the case as there isn't much room for mis-interpretation here really, but still! :D)

Looking forward to the rest of that Q&A. I bet there are some juicy tidbits in there for sure! (Hell we've already heard about the multiple Wii U E3 games AND supposedly that they're no longer selling Wii U hardware at a loss, so we're already off to a good start :) )

Only slight concern is releasing a few smaller games that take advantage rather than another blockbuster game. Though I guess Hyrule warriors, smash and x are all pretty big titles too!

Would be amazing if they do come up with some fantastic games with the gamepad, it has a lot of potential! Though they need to scrap the idea that just because it's about the gamepad and TV, online is still required!

Only slight concern is releasing a few smaller games that take advantage rather than another blockbuster game. Though I guess Hyrule warriors, smash and x are all pretty big titles too!

Would be amazing if they do come up with some fantastic games with the gamepad, it has a lot of potential! Though they need to scrap the idea that just because it's about the gamepad and TV, online is still required!

That's a huge stretch putting Hyrule Warriors in the same bracket as Smash and X. It didn't seem high quality at all, rather a glorified side-game. The next Link's Crossbow Training, possibly.

I'm just gonna come out and say it, regardless of the probably agony and heartbreak..

I'M EXCITED FOR E3 :bouncy:

Yeah I wouldn't call Hyrule Warriors a big game, especially considering the team who involved with it. That said it may well push a few units in Japan which is always welcome.

I'm hoping for some western collaboration, even if it's for eShop titles. Nintendo are missing too many opportunities on the eShop. Their I.P chest is huge, dig into it!

Also, I REALLY want a 'New Legend of Zelda' series type of game, just so we can see a return to the 4-Swords formula.

I'm just gonna come out and say it, regardless of the probably agony and heartbreak..

I'M EXCITED FOR E3 :bouncy:

Oh yep I'm majorly excited! :D

The fact that sites like Gametrailers are doing various countdowns and things to it too, just makes the build up all the better! HYPE!!!!

Also, I REALLY want a 'New Legend of Zelda' series type of game, just so we can see a return to the 4-Swords formula.
I could actually do without a main console Zelda for a couple of years (in favor of other classic/new franchises), but I like the idea of this!

Would it be online though? probably not I guess, in which case I'd probably not play it as intended :/ But it wuld be a great eShop game!

That's a huge stretch putting Hyrule Warriors in the same bracket as Smash and X. It didn't seem high quality at all, rather a glorified side-game. The next Link's Crossbow Training, possibly.

Crossbow training? Harsh! (Though I quite liked crossbow training for what it was)

I see it as a pretty big title to be honest, even if its such samurai warriors with a Zelda skin then that's decent, but I expect it to be more than that! Maybe not much more, but more.

Oh yep I'm majorly excited! :D

The fact that sites like Gametrailers are doing various countdowns and things to it too, just makes the build up all the better! HYPE!!!!

I could actually do without a main console Zelda for a couple of years (in favor of other classic/new franchises), but I like the idea of this!

Would it be online though? probably not I guess, in which case I'd probably not play it as intended :/ But it wuld be a great eShop game!

It's Nintendo, of course it won't be online! That's saved for Smash and MK! :heh: If only though.

I'd love to a 'New' metroid as well; it doesn't have to be the same quality of Super or Prime, but a way of getting new people to play the game before they release a true Metroid game.

Ahhh no, not since hearing the IGN staff 'joking' about Samus rolling across destroying the screen in a Giant Morph Ball (like the Giant Mushroom in NSMB and the Giant Egg in New Yoshi's Island) have I feared such a game :p You know it would happen.

Crossbow training? Harsh! (Though I quite liked crossbow training for what it was)

I see it as a pretty big title to be honest, even if its such samurai warriors with a Zelda skin then that's decent, but I expect it to be more than that! Maybe not much more, but more.

I don't think the crossbow training comparison is that harsh. Maybe a small step above it, but it's certainly not in the same bracket as X and Smash Bros. Those are top, top level games. This is at least a level below that. At least.

It's not a terrible thing, not every game is going to be top tier. You need all sorts to make it work, to build up a library. For every Xenoblade, you need a Trauma Centre, for example. (although Trauma Centre is a greeeeat game. Not sure if that's the best example I could use, maybe)

For every Xenoblade, you need a Trauma Centre, for example. (although Trauma Centre is a greeeeat game. Not sure if that's the best example I could use, maybe)

I've enjoyed Trauma Center: Under the Knife and Link's Crossbow Training a lot more than what I've played of Xenoblade Chronicles :eek:#casual

Anyway, when you consider the fact that I'm not fond of Dynasty Warriors at all, I'm not really looking forward to Hyrule Warriors :heh: