NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

E3 Predictions 2014 - Wii U

Speaking of crossovers, I really want to see Mario and Sonic in an adventure game... Maybe a Paper Mario & Sonic? I feel that Zelda DLC and others may be to gauge interest in such a game.

Na, I don't like crossovers like that. It doesn't fit or seem logical.

Its not anymore 'logical' than Smash Brothers.

Its not anymore 'logical' than Smash Brothers.

Smash Bros is just throwing all your toys into a box, mixing them up, and having fun. An adventure game is a bit different.

Man, I'd really love an ACTUAL Paper Mario game...Thousand Year Door was exceptional so a true sequel to that would be great.

I hope we also hear about a new Advance Wars...:heart:

Man, I'd really love an ACTUAL Paper Mario game...Thousand Year Door was exceptional so a true sequel to that would be great.

I hope we also hear about a new Advance Wars...:heart:

Advance Wars with the Wii U GamePad. Glorious

Advance Wars with the Wii U GamePad. Glorious

I'd prefer it on a 3DS so I could take it out and about ;)

I'd prefer it on a 3DS so I could take it out and about ;)

Nuts to that. 3DS is old. Wii U all the way! :p

Is Advance Wars a RTS?

It's Turn-Based.

I always explain it to people by saying that you should see it as chess, but with more different units and hundreds of variables to take into account such as fuel, hiding spaces, ammunition, and the Powers of the Commanding Officers in charge.

Edited by Fused King

I know this thread is about Wii U, but my real prediction is that Nintendo's E3 won't be about the Wii U. It will be about Quality of Life, and the backlash this year will be about that.

From our point of view, we think Nintendo has to go all out with the Wii U, but the reality is they might think "Show a Metroid, show a Zelda" etc (if we're lucky) and spend the vast majority of any broadcast on Quality of Life.

I watched an episode of Click last night that focused on wearable technology. Whilst I know Nintendo's tech is going to be non-wearable, if it's the same sort of principle (measuring alertness etc) then I think there will be a massive backlash.

I'm also now convinced we'll get a port of Pac-Man VS on the eShop right after the E3 presentation, and after the revealing of Pac-man in Super Smash Bros.

I know this thread is about Wii U, but my real prediction is that Nintendo's E3 won't be about the Wii U. It will be about Quality of Life, and the backlash this year will be about that.

From our point of view, we think Nintendo has to go all out with the Wii U, but the reality is they might think "Show a Metroid, show a Zelda" etc (if we're lucky) and spend the vast majority of any broadcast on Quality of Life.

I watched an episode of Click last night that focused on wearable technology. Whilst I know Nintendo's tech is going to be non-wearable, if it's the same sort of principle (measuring alertness etc) then I think there will be a massive backlash.

Na, they won't show that at E3. You can practically guarantee that.

Na, they won't show that at E3. You can practically guarantee that.

wiivit.png

I'm not so sure :laughing:

Though I think they won't linger on it.

I think they will linger on their NFC game and act as if it's the second coming.

wiivit.png

I'm not so sure :laughing:

Though I think they won't linger on it.

I think they will linger on their NFC game and act as if it's the second coming.

They learned their lesson when Iwata had to publically apologise for the poor showing that year :p

They learned their lesson when Iwata had to publically apologise for the poor showing that year :p

That was, hands down, their worst E3. Although so much of that was down to Cammie...man, she was terrible.

They know everyone loves Smash and Zelda. I totally believe Nintendo will be arrogant enough just to have big trailers/demos of those two games.

Predictions:

Zelda U: It'll be announced and due to the dire situation, Iwata has told Aonuma to make this entry a killer app to attract fans and core gamers alike, rather than yet another experiment.

New Sega exclusive: Sega announce a new Wii U exclusive game of some sort.

Third party deals: Nintendo have made som previously unknown deals with third party developers. We'll see the results.

Some franchise returns: Some franchise we haven't heard from in many years finally gets a sequel. Starfox? Waverace? 1080? Excitebike? Pilotwings? Who knows!

Wishful thinking:

Nintendo Remake Division: Nintendo announce they've started a new studio that prepares rookie gamedev talent for work on larger Nintendo projects. This is a step towards making more games and larger games. To practice and separate the golden eggs from the rotten eggs, this studio will solely work on remakes of older 3D Nintendo games. First game announced is Mario 64 HD for the Wii U.

Grand Theft Auto: Vercetti Returns Nintendo have come to a Twin Snakes-style agreement with Rockstar, that allows them to make a Wii U exclusive entry in the GTA series, using the GTA V engine. Nintendo have given the task to Retro Studios. The game is set in Vice City, but is a brand new game.

I'm really not sure I can see Zelda being ready to show.

If anything I think we might get a repeat of 2004, and a trailer will be shown cobbled together of whatever assets they have lying around they're working on just to show something Zelda, but the end product will be vastly different as development continues. I can't see it coming out before Christmas 2015.

"Please understand", Zelda U, Quality of Life bollocks, disappointment.

I hope not but I think Nintendo have lost it and don't have the slightest clue as to what to do to turn things around.

If anything I think we might get a repeat of 2004, and a trailer will be shown cobbled together of whatever assets they have lying around they're working on just to show something Zelda, but the end product will be vastly different as development continues. I can't see it coming out before Christmas 2015.

Zelda was ready to show last year, but they chose not to.

They have confirmed outright that it is coming this year.

They said they were ready to show something a couple of times last year but held off due to focusing on Link Between Worlds. I think they'll have a trailer at minimum.

Ah ok then that's good! :)

@Serebii, they confirmed it was coming this year? the game?... or it's showing at E3?

Showing at E3, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was to come this year.

Surely Hyrule Warriors is meant to fill that gap.

With Smash now filling the 'Winter' release, and probably a surprise other franchise to launch in November, I don't think we'll see be seeing Zelda until May 2015 at the earliest. Zelda should always be a Christmas release though.

E3 Predictions

More information on Zelda for the WiiU, revealing a cross between sailing and horse riding.

New Metroid

News on F-Zero

Majoras Mask 3DS confirmed

A new franchise

A re-launch of how Nintendo think*, with a re-launch of the WiiU.

*Advertising, promotions

What will actually happen

Please+Understand.png

Well, another year, another E3, another time to hope for news on F-Zero, Star Fox and Advance Wars.

I hope we get to hear about Next Level Games's new project too :D