NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

E3 Predictions 2014 - Wii U

"Please understand", Zelda U, Quality of Life bollocks, disappointment.

I hope not but I think Nintendo have lost it and don't have the slightest clue as to what to do to turn things around.

Why have you turned so negative? I thought you loved the gamepad? Don't you like the software released for Wii u so far, or the ones incoming?

Why have you turned so negative? I thought you loved the gamepad? Don't you like the software released for Wii u so far, or the ones incoming?

Of Nintendo's own games, I only rate Pikmin and Mario, and whereas they're good, they're not great. That they lack an online mode dulls the two games in my eyes. I'm yet to purchase Donkey Kong but I can't be arsed buying yet another platformer just yet.

Mario Kart looks good but I've always been into Battle Mode as opposed to racing and worst of all, what's the deal with voice-chat?! On the Wii & 3DS it's why I never joined the League!

Smash will be great but again, a lack of voice chat means I'm not all that hyped for it.

These two big online games not having voice chat has pretty much confirmed to me that Nintendo had lost touch with it's fans and don't actually care to cater for them per se.

Of all the games we've seen that are coming (note, seen) I'm only hyped for X.

Plus all the bullshit they've spouted like "we learned our lesson with the 3DS, well not make the same mistakes", "online is the air that we gamers breathe, we want to give you as much of that air as possible", "please understand, we didn't realise that HD development would be different and take longer. We'll not have droughts going forward".

I like the Gamepad for one sole reason, Off-TV play. I'd at least like the games be up to par or for there to be more of them coming, the Gamepad is irrelevant to that.

Nintendon't. That's them this generation!

I think Pikmin and Mario are more than just "good".

They are great games.

If they were online they would be outstanding.

If Mario is great why've you not finished it yet @Blade? Why can't you be bothered to play it much (you've said this yourself)?

If Mario is great why've you not finished it yet @Blade? Why can't you be bothered to play it much (you've said this yourself)?

Just I can't be arsed playing platformers in general. Doesnt mean that specific game is not great.

I can't be arsed having a wank sometimes. Doesn't mean I don't think its great

Just I can't be arsed playing platformers in general. Doesnt mean that specific game is not great.

This is a lie, so it voids your whole post! :p

I think Pikmin and Mario are more than just "good".

They are great games.

If they were online they would be outstanding.

Any latency would kill Mario though, and latency still exists on the Internet, unfortunately.

I'd much rather have no online than gamebreaking lag.

Any latency would kill Mario though, and latency still exists on the Internet, unfortunately.

Maybe but for me online Mario 3D World and Pikmin would make the games outstanding. 100%.

The fact that Nintendo didn't do it and their lack of voice chat in the games that are online just show that they are behind the times, do what they want and ignore their ever decreasing fan base.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed/enjoying the games but I want to enjoy them more. Im finding Nintendo frustrating. It's like "we are who we are and not changing our personality to suit you" which is fair enough if they were a person but unacceptable for a business to behave.

It would only kill Mario if it was bad.

...actually, this is Nintendo and online we're talking about. It would've been fucking terrible! Nintendo need help with online, they're far too dog shit and behind the times to handle it well.

...actually, this is Nintendo and online we're talking about. It would've been fucking terrible! Nintendo need help with online, they're far too dog shit and behind the times to handle it well.

Come now.

Nintendo's online may be missing things like party chat and the ability to transfer accounts yourself, but the actual netcode isn't bad. None of their games ran badly except Brawl.

I hate when people exaggerate issues.

However, Mario is a precision platformer and latency would kill that. Both 2D and 3D. Platformers are very hard to do online, which is why so few are and the ones that do have major issues.

Trying to play 3D World online sounds like a horrible mess waiting to happen. Online just doesn't suit that kind of game.

...But then Pikmin 3 is the opposite and could have been far more addictive and long-lived than it was as an offline game. Hoping its just something they stalled on to implement in the sequel, as with Nintendoland, but yeah - theres no real excuse in 2014, or even 13.

...But then Pikmin 3 is the opposite and could have been far more addictive and long-lived than it was as an offline game. Hoping its just something they stalled on to implement in the sequel, as with Nintendoland, but yeah - theres no real excuse in 2014, or even 13.

I still maintain that the entire concept of NintendoLand is for local play and online wouldn't fit it well at all.

But I digress, that's a discussion for another topic

Of Nintendo's own games, I only rate Pikmin and Mario, and whereas they're good, they're not great. That they lack an online mode dulls the two games in my eyes. I'm yet to purchase Donkey Kong but I can't be arsed buying yet another platformer just yet.

Mario Kart looks good but I've always been into Battle Mode as opposed to racing and worst of all, what's the deal with voice-chat?! On the Wii & 3DS it's why I never joined the League!

Smash will be great but again, a lack of voice chat means I'm not all that hyped for it.

These two big online games not having voice chat has pretty much confirmed to me that Nintendo had lost touch with it's fans and don't actually care to cater for them per se.

Of all the games we've seen that are coming (note, seen) I'm only hyped for X.

Plus all the bullshit they've spouted like "we learned our lesson with the 3DS, well not make the same mistakes", "online is the air that we gamers breathe, we want to give you as much of that air as possible", "please understand, we didn't realise that HD development would be different and take longer. We'll not have droughts going forward".

I like the Gamepad for one sole reason, Off-TV play. I'd at least like the games be up to par or for there to be more of them coming, the Gamepad is irrelevant to that.

Nintendon't. That's them this generation!

Bloody hell. Harsh :) I think Pikmin and Mario are the best games to come out in years, and locally Pikmin is incredible. But yeah, that game needed online!

But if you don't like them games, and love online more, why do you not prefer Xbox/ps?

@Serebii it is precisely because of Brawl I aid that I'll admit.

I still believe Mario is do-able online, regardless of it being a platformer. They should be able to get it running without issues.

I think there are two sides to them being awful, communication they are behind terrible, which is what I think you mean. As for modes and stuff, they're usually bad in some way, with a few exceptions (mk Wii, Luigis mansion 2). BUT they do seem to be getting better - level ghosts is a nice inclusion in mario, developed further into full on leaderboards and videos of the runs in donkey kong (and recently NES remix 2), and golf sounds amazing - regular challenges, and tournaments, and can create your own tournaments with rules and holes and let people play in it asynchronously... Mario kart will hopefully step it up further with mario kart tv etc... They're getting better. It's primarily the communication aspect that ruins it...

Bloody hell. Harsh :) I think Pikmin and Mario are the best games to come out in years, and locally Pikmin is incredible. But yeah, that game needed online!

But if you don't like them games, and love online more, why do you not prefer Xbox/ps?

I like them but I don't think they're as amazing as people make out (but not as bad as other do also).

I just think that if they had online and voice-chat, they would have been amazing! We'd all have been gaming together having a laugh. Considering they tailored Mario around multiplayer it's stupid that online isn't in there.

If my 360 didn't red-ring (again) that would be my main console right now, not the WiiU... yet the Wii was my main console last gen funnily enough.

I will be picking up another of the new gen consoles at some point, when I've the money... a holiday comes first, right @Blade?

Edited by Kav

Let's put it like this: Everyone likes Pizza. If you were fed nearly nothing but pizza for a year and a half, would you be particularly hyped if someone'd serve you a slightly differently flavored pizza than before? In fact, you would be infuriated and start demanding different food. A burger, a baguette, some fish, a sallad, some f**king meat and potatoes. That doesen't mean that the pizzas you are given taste bad. It's just that you've eaten pizzas to death, to the point that even the best pizza in the world will annoy you.

I'd like pizza more if I could talk to my friends whilst we're sharing it.

The thing with Mario Kart 8 voice chat, we all want it, we all know it's not going to happen. As much as I am gutted about no voice chat, in my heart of hearts I think I've come to realise that it probably would not work. Forget the swearing for a moment and just imagine 12 people all talking at the the same time "who shot me" "i'm gonna get you" etc it would just be noise.

The thing with Mario Kart 8 voice chat, we all want it, we all know it's not going to happen. As much as I am gutted about no voice chat, in my heart of hearts I think I've come to realise that it probably would not work. Forget the swearing for a moment and just imagine 12 people all talking at the the same time "who shot me" "i'm gonna get you" etc it would just be noise.

That... that would actually be entertainment at its finest. Nothing like a good lol while gaming man. Part of the draw for having the habit of watching multiplayer videos on youtube.

That point is always flawed to me because online is an option. You have the option to be on or off. To experience the frantic noise or not.

But again, I'm slightly optimistic. If Pokemon can get voice chat, I don't see why a casual-friendly game like MK8, can't.

Edited by King_V

I keep forgetting about NFC, but Nintendo's answer to Disney Infinity could potentially be a game changer for Wii U if they delivered such a game... a vast nostalgia trip that dwarfs what Smash Bros currently delivers to Nintendo fans.

Yes the console would effectively be re-branded as the 'Nintendo Infinity box' but hey it's a second chance the console might not have otherwise, and actually shift the hardware.

Lego Nintendo would also raise the roof.