NEurope
Daft

Virtual Reality

Just tried out the platforming game and that was charming as fuck.

Although I couldn't figure out how to do the bit where you had to propel/move the platform towards the balloon. Any ideas?

The "PSVR has been sent to die" rhetoric is pretty lame and not even true. The hardware launched with about 40 games and has well over 100 in development and 1-5 games out a week. Sure, a lot have been terrible, but there have been some amazing gaming experiences on PSVR, some I could crown as my favourite gaming experiences ever.

Although I couldn't figure out how to do the bit where you had to propel/move the platform towards the balloon. Any ideas?

You need a second player to play on the TV. That's like the best part of it, too. Such an amazing idea for co-op.

You need a second player to play on the TV. That's like the best part of it, too. Such an amazing idea for co-op.

Ah okay. What else can the second person do?

They literally play a second character who flies around in a little space ship with a hoover attached and they can suck stuff in and shoot the items back out. They can also pick up coins. The Player 2 interaction isn't half-baked, it's a lot of fun to play, too.

Oh cool we'll have to give it a try. There were one or two robots I was unsure how to get to and that makes sense. I do like how some were hidden literally behind you too. Clever design.

The "PSVR has been sent to die" rhetoric is pretty lame and not even true. The hardware launched with about 40 games and has well over 100 in development and 1-5 games out a week. Sure, a lot have been terrible, but there have been some amazing gaming experiences on PSVR, some I could crown as my favourite gaming experiences ever.

I look forward/hope for lots of PSVR reveals at Sony's E3 show, I think it's time for them to show some proper support for their own £300+ product.

I would be curious to see what else Sony's studios have for it, but they historically have supported their console in many other ways (building/maintaining relationships, media presence, R&D etc) and that is what I hope to see from them with PSVR. Their studios could produce some great titles, but personally I think their work as a platform holder is more important for a new technology such as this. There's plenty of studios and individuals making interesting VR experiences and Sony could help get them onto the PSVR, which begats more VR experiences.

Just experienced the David Attenborough VR documentary on the PSN store. Great little doc - and a nice example of how VR isn't just for games.

A great result for Farpoint in this weeks UK charts. It managed to grab second place, with Injustice 2 taking the top spot.

Anyone on here played Farpoint yet?

A great result for Farpoint in this weeks UK charts. It managed to grab second place, with Injustice 2 taking the top spot.

Anyone on here played Farpoint yet?

Not yet. Haven't had time for any gaming recently. Soon though, soooooooon!

YouGov’s data suggests that VR headwear has expanded rapidly recently. In Q4 2016, only 3% of the population owned some, a figure that doubled to 6% in Q1 2017. The growth is largely being driven by men (representing 56% of owners) and young people (47% of people with some are aged 18-34).

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/vr-headsets-more-popular-tablets-and-wearables-wer/

That said - on shopto with farpoint

for £299 - fast getting toward that affordability point!!

Yeah, nearly jumped on that when I see it. They also have a bundle for £325 that has all of the above and Tekken 7.

I'm gonna wait until E3 to see what kind of support it has before diving in. I am getting pretty tempted by it though...

When are they going to start bundling it with the camera at a reasonable price... feel like that's cost them a lot of sales because I'm constantly put off any deal knowing I'd need to source extras just to make the thing work. It's like if your PS4 came without a controller.

When are they going to start bundling it with the camera at a reasonable price... feel like that's cost them a lot of sales because I'm constantly put off any deal knowing I'd need to source extras just to make the thing work. It's like if your PS4 came without a controller.

I here you, I'm waiting for this happen. It all looks great until you need to stick a camera on to the cost and those dildo's.

I'm hoping that the reason they aren't bundling in those items is because they are working on a much better solution that isn't 7 years old. Once they unveil PS Move Mk2, then they'll bundle that in for £350 and everything will be very nice.

Also, some people already have a camera and don't want another one.

Though I do agree they should release a bundle with camera included.

StarBlood Arena is £20 on Amazon at the minute. Anybody played it yet? Is it worth picking up?

I bought this in the end and I finally got chance to play it yesterday. It's a pretty good arena shooter. No real story mode, so it's obvious that it was geared to be mainly multiplayer. Sort of feels like a version of RIGS with your character being in a space ship instead of a mech. £20 was a good price, anything more would have been a bit too much.

Played a few missions on Star Trek: Bridge Crew this evening. I was grinning from ear to ear throughout. We had a Scot on the engineering console, which was a great start :D I played a few rounds on the Helm and at Tactical. I could tell the other players were Trekkies as we all had the lingo down.

I finally got around to buying Star Trek Bridge Crew.  I bought it on PSVR because it was cheaper than Steam.  It's a very bare bones game but you can't beat the feeling of captaining a starship.  I've only been playing it with AI and everything works nice and smoothly.

Impressed by the recently added Watson voice commands.  The crew seemed to pick up everything I was saying accurately.  I might even go as far to say it's the most accurate voice interaction I've come across, Alexa included.

I'm still having issues with tracking on the PSVR.  The console I'm sitting at in the game seems to drift around whenever I move my head, it starts to become really disorientating after a while.  I was sitting in complete darkness to play it today in attempt to stop it from happening, didn't work though.

Just watching Giant Bomb play Bridge Crew. Definitely looks like a game that would be a lot of fun if you can get a group of friends together.

On 7/13/2017 at 9:46 PM, V. Amoleo said:

I finally got around to buying Star Trek Bridge Crew.  I bought it on PSVR because it was cheaper than Steam.  It's a very bare bones game but you can't beat the feeling of captaining a starship.  I've only been playing it with AI and everything works nice and smoothly.

Impressed by the recently added Watson voice commands.  The crew seemed to pick up everything I was saying accurately.  I might even go as far to say it's the most accurate voice interaction I've come across, Alexa included.

I'm still having issues with tracking on the PSVR.  The console I'm sitting at in the game seems to drift around whenever I move my head, it starts to become really disorientating after a while.  I was sitting in complete darkness to play it today in attempt to stop it from happening, didn't work though.

Sometimes reflective surfaces can cause issues with the sensors.

I had issue with direct sunlight when I first bought the headset, can take a while to figure out what's wrong, but I've had little to no issues since. 

Soo... I guess most of you know it already, but if you don't here's some nice information.

The Oculus Rift + Touch is on summer sale for a few more weeks, at only £399. It's as cheap as you'll get the headset+controllers. It's a really great price for an amazing kit. I ended up buying just a 3rd sensor. But that wasn't on sale, unfortunately. If anyone of you only have the Headset, it's a really great time to pick up the Touch Controllers. They cost only £99 now. 

Played some H3VR (Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades) and the Touch work really, really great :D. 

Edited by ArtMediocre