N-Europe

Wii Fit U

Serebii

Thinking I'll probably pick this up when my Wii U arrives. My lasting memory of the Wii U preview event I went to was the luge/bobsled game! My abs could do with the workout that it'll provide!

Anywhere got cheap balance boards going other than CEX? Then I'll buy the fit meter from Amazon with a voucher I have and I'll be sorted :D

Does it only upgrade from trial to full version if bought now, or will this offer be available for a while???

Thinking I'll probably pick this up when my Wii U arrives. My lasting memory of the Wii U preview event I went to was the luge/bobsled game! My abs could do with the workout that it'll provide!

Anywhere got cheap balance boards going other than CEX? Then I'll buy the fit meter from Amazon with a voucher I have and I'll be sorted :D

Does it only upgrade from trial to full version if bought now, or will this offer be available for a while???

The offer runs until the end of January :)

My Fit Meter arrived. Seems like a nice bit of kit, registered temperature and everything. Seems to think I'm 3 foot below sea level though, and has now dropped to 9 foot. Weird.

If you're sad like me and read the information, then you'd realise that it using air pressure measurement for altitude. When the air pressure changes in your area your altitude changes...

But as it's gradual it can take account of this for ascending and descending workouts!

If you're sad like me and read the information, then you'd realise that it using air pressure measurement for altitude. When the air pressure changes in your area your altitude changes...

But as it's gradual it can take account of this for ascending and descending workouts!

Yeah but it got down to 60 feet below sea level earlier which is a bit ridiculous :p

I played the trampoline game for the first time the other day and couldn't seem to figure out the exact time to spring my legs. I almost reached 1000m on one attempt but I couldn't anywhere near it again :hmm: I'd have tried again but it seems to have completely destroyed my legs after my exploits on Sunday morning. I've barely been able to walk with the pain in my thighs :eek:

I played the trampoline game for the first time the other day and couldn't seem to figure out the exact time to spring my legs. I almost reached 1000m on one attempt but I couldn't anywhere near it again :hmm: I'd have tried again but it seems to have completely destroyed my legs after my exploits on Sunday morning. I've barely been able to walk with the pain in my thighs :eek:

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but this made me :laughing: out loud. How can you destroy your legs standing on a board?

Sorry I don't mean to be rude but this made me :laughing: How can you destroy your legs standing on a board?

It must have been the squatting down and thrusting myself up every few seconds that affected a couple of muscles that I presumably rarely ever use ::shrug:

And before you think I must sit on my backside all day to have suffered so much from something so simple, I play football twice a week and never have any discomfort, unless I get injured..

It must have been the squatting down and thrusting myself up every few seconds that affected a couple of muscles that I presumably rarely ever use ::shrug:

And before you think I must sit on my backside all day to have suffered so much from something so simple, I play football twice a week and never have any discomfort, unless I get injured..

I can relate. I like playing darts but haven't played in ages, if I was to play now my arm would kill me for the first while and I'm extremely fit. Maybe I throw with too much force. Anyway it was just the mental image that made me laugh. Again no offence was meant.

I hear ya, /nando/. I got a bit addicted to the trampoline game myself when trying to reach 1000m. :hehe: And even though it's a game that isn't exactly much of a workout (like many of the balance games really) if you play it enough in a short space of time, you definitely start to feel it. :D

By the way, the timing for extending your legs on that game is really important. You need to extend a few seconds after touching down, but if you squat for too long your Mii will just bounce of the trampoline by itself and you wont get very much height at all. :hmm:

You can also listen out for the sound the trampoline makes after landing, once you start to hear a stretching sound it means your very close to auto-bouncing (that's what I'm calling it :p) so you need to extend at that point.

Anyway, the only exercise I really struggle with in Wii Fit is the Press-up & Side Stand. :shakehead My upper body strength is clearly in need of a lot of work, because I seriously feel like Mr. Burns whenever I do that exercise. :laughing:

So yeah, my goal is to get to a point where I can do those a bit more comfortably. :)

Guys! I've got this current weekly goal in the bag!

BB994384-A432-462E-8C2A-10A9E0375674-2159-000003EF60757BCA_zpsce4b33e0.jpg

9C6D536D-BE62-468E-80A3-2632EB2632A7-2159-000003EF87D489B0_zps834a2bfe.jpg

Nah, I'm not changing my goal :laughing:

Classic. :D

Also, is that a Wii Speak I see? :o What's that still doing as part of your setup?! :heh:

Classic. :D

Also, is that a Wii Speak I see? :o What's that still doing as part of your setup?! :heh:

It's like surgically attached to my sensor bar! I couldn't remove it even if I wanted to :p (Don't even remember how it happened!)

I suppose there's a chance that it might come in handy one day... I guess ::shrug: (I could always swap it for another one, I somehow now have 3 Wiimote sensor bars, but eh? It would just feel weird not having it there now - and buggered if I'm gonna bother re-sticking a different sensor bar to my TV again :hehe: )

There seems to have been an update to Wii Fit U/ Meter. It now adds your daily calorie target to your meter... Quite cool!

EDIT: and there's now a calorie progress bar on you Wii Fit Piggy!

It added that anyway, after a certain amount of days. Great feature. Shame it doesn't update though when you synch it to the Wii u