N-Europe

Workout Playlist

Beast

Skrillex?

yuck.gif

:heh:

I tend to listen to whatever I want to when I exercise rather than anything specific workout-ey. However, I tend to sing Woodkid's Run Boy Run when cycling if I'm in the mood for a bit of an adrenaline rush.

I slap on my faithful iTunes playlist called ++++PURE DANCE/REMIXES and let it shuffle. Lots of remixes from compilations I come across. Mostly generally fun/upbeat pop songs turned dance bangers. Of varying intensity. Like...the Young & Beautiful Mix would be good for stretching or something whereas others would be better for running. An excerpt:

Screenshot2013-08-26at185311_zpse2f96563.png

*not all these remixes are good, they're just clubby and appropriate.

Create a playlist of several French House/French Electronica. Daft Punk, Justice, Breakbot, DJ Mehdi, Yuksek, things like that. I can't tell what it is that you'd like from these artists so I suggest you check out some tracks from each one and compile them. Daft Punk's Alive 2007 album is a very safe choice as well.

Here's a playlist I recently made with tracks I'd enjoy dancing to. They're not as "heavy" as something you might see from the likes of Daft Punk or Skrillex but if it makes you want to pump iron then it's done its job.

Edited by arab_freak

I don't understand how people can listen to 'dance' music whilst working out. The again it's probably because I detest that genre of music.

Can't beat some hard rock when clanging some iron.

Because a major purpose of dance music is to make people want to move to a beat?

I don't understand how people can listen to 'dance' music whilst working out.

“Music is like is a legal drug for athletes,” says Costas Karageorghis, Ph.D., from London’s Brunel University School of Sport and Education, one of the world’s leading authorities on music and exercise. “It can reduce the perception of effort significantly and increase endurance by as much as 15 percent.”

As a whole, that body of research further supports the notion that synchronous music tends to drive exercise intensity (i.e., the faster the beat, the higher the intensity). Researchers also clearly identified the effect of increased arousal related to the tempo of music, thereby making intense exercise seem less stressful.

http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/805/