N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Has anyone got US netflix on their wiiu? i tried a DNS that supposedly worked 6 days ago, but i really don't know anything i can look for to check if it worked

Check if programs like 'Parks and Recreation' '30 Rock' & 'Louie' are available to play

So...I got a phone call from the lovely people at Flubit today.

Yup, they want that second free controller back.

773659369.gif

However, @Fierce_LiNk, make sure they send you a paid-for returns label or to organise a courier themselves. You only have to make it available for them to collect.

I would call their bluff, make an excuse for not being able to take it to the post office yourself and request they send someone to collect. As soon as they check on courier charges, they'll probably write it off.

Edited by david.dakota

So looks the basic is being phased out. About time.

Over here I don't think £199 will change much. Retailers have tried that. £179.00

You're right. A previously unpromoted price drop as a promotion means this clearly won't work

The Wii U Difference #3.

It is just a day of Nintendo insanity today

You're right. A previously unpromoted price drop as a promotion means this clearly won't work

It is just a day of Nintendo insanity today

unpromoted? Yeah I mean websites like hotukdeals.com only have a reach to about 10 people.

Deals that pop up on a site like that have a reach of thousands. Hence why anything people see of value is usually ended in mins due to how hot the deal is.

Whos the target audience with these? Whats the purpose of them anyway?

We should be seeing television adverts if im being honest that make a genuine effort to persuade the public that the Wii U is the console to buy.

Apparently the marketing budget is going to be spent in Q3/Q4 of this year so I would expect more advertisement and a push. We will see.

Edited by Blade

This is never going to happen. /Nintendo /Serebii

Has a price drop for us been confirmed yet?

$50, you posted that yourself! I jest, I jest. Nothing officially announced for the UK yet but would such things be affected by that whole thing about not being able to actively set RRPs in EU or so? Is that something I've just made up?

Even so I still say the ideal UK price would be £199 for a premium.

So...I got a phone call from the lovely people at Flubit today.

Yup, they want that second free controller back.[/img]

Aww well. Seconding making it their responsibility to sort out the return, not yours. How are they asking you to return it atm?

This is never going to happen. /Nintendo /Serebii

$50, you posted that yourself! I jest, I jest. Nothing officially announced for the UK yet but would such things be affected by that whole thing about not being able to actively set RRPs in EU or so? Is that something I've just made up?

Even so I still say the ideal UK price would be £199 for a premium.

Aww well. Seconding making it their responsibility to sort out the return, not yours. How are they asking you to return it atm?

I was more referring to the price drops people were suggesting such as down to $199.99 :p

To stand any chance at all the price needs to be no more than €250 for the deluxe or Zelda bundle but they won't go that far. If sales remain low coming up to Christmas maybe then they'll take that step. Who am I kidding? No they won't.

But when the we had the massive 3DS price drop they advertised that fact, I don't think they gave actual prices on adverts but I think they did say around so and so cheaper now.

I haven't seen anything confirming a European price drop yet.

But when the we had the massive 3DS price drop they advertised that fact, I don't think they gave actual prices on adverts but I think they did say around so and so cheaper now.

I haven't seen anything confirming a European price drop yet.

From Gaf - price drop on the way

Hey guys, our sources at Nintendo confirmed this news this morning, while we were testing the 2DS

Basically, Europe gets the same treatment as the US, Premium Wii U becomes the only SKU available, at 299€. Basic Wii U will no longer be produced and they expect retailers to cut its price to sell the remaining ones...might be a good chance to snatch a Wii U around europe this fall.

Still no words on the Zelda bundle

infos here in italian: http://www.vgnetwork.it/news-wii-u/t...ri-produzione/

So the Wii U difference is no iPlayer, ITV Catch Up, 4OD?

Also why the hell did it zoom into the lower part of the GamePad? What hack director did they have for this?

012.jpg

Hmm at that "Only on Wii U" section.

Edited by Ashley