NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

After seeing shortys link I ended up having a browse in the old old forums (10 years ago). Fascinating stuff.

This thread coud have been written yest day :) - http://web.archive.org/web/20040530115023/http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi?board=gena&action=display&num=1080926257

Like I say now, people used to bitch all the time how bad the GameCube was and Nintendo etc. same pattern, but memory is a wonderful thing.

Also funny that I definitely speak the most sense in that thread :D

Weird to see that I say I don't play games like I used to. I knew I was falling out of love with gaming that generation... Weirdly I love gaming now more than I ever have! Thanks to sd and Wii to be honest.

Nah that thread couldn't have been written yesterday there are far too many people on that thread sticking up for Nintendo! :p

Although not Wii U, Nintendo is dropping RRP and eShop prices for five 3DS games in the US. This is a good sign.

Although not Wii U, Nintendo is dropping RRP and eShop prices for five 3DS games in the US. This is a good sign.

Not until they do it here it's not!

Ha Serebii described Coliseum as a fully fledged RPG. And you said it would never happen :heh:

Ha Serebii described Coliseum as a fully fledged RPG. And you said it would never happen :heh:

When was this?

Bottom of the page of the link dazzy supplied.

That was before I had sense :p

Haha, the full rpg thing made me laugh.

And @Guy - go eat a hat:

Nintendo of Europe have always been this way and for the most part, they're right. Games like Animal Crossing won't sell at all here aside a couple of fans. They already know most people have imported it, myself included.

OMG, cheers for that, found one of my old sigs there, thought I'd never see it again as I lost it somehow (must have forgot to back it up or accidently deleted it off my HDD)

xsig_zpse8c572bc.jpg

Cheers again to @jayseven for making that way back when :D

Edited by Mokong

Hahhha, that sig, oh god. It's like we've gone back in time.

Dat sig.

Dat forum content.

Dem usernames.

I miss Cube-Europe. :'(

Edit: FULL Pokemon RPG? Colosseum was horrible. One of the only times in my life where I've cried over the purchasing of a game. (not serious)

(semi-serious)

Hahhha, that sig, oh god. It's like we've gone back in time.

Dat sig.

Dat forum content.

Dem usernames.

I miss Cube-Europe. :'(

Edit: FULL Pokemon RPG? Colosseum was horrible. One of the only times in my life where I've cried over the purchasing of a game. (not serious)

(semi-serious)

XD was better, but neither are full RPGs.

That's never going to happen :p YES I WENT THERE :p

XD was better, but neither are full RPGs.

That's never going to happen :p YES I WENT THERE :p

I remember the day I bought Colosseum. I was really craving Pokemon that day and knew NOTHING about the game. I assume it would be like Red or Blue but on the GameCube.

:blank:

Never again. It was just so boring. No soul. :(

It's...such a pointless game.

I remember the day I bought Colosseum. I was really craving Pokemon that day and knew NOTHING about the game. I assume it would be like Red or Blue but on the GameCube.

So linear and limited. Only 48 available Pokémon. There more in Snap.

So linear and limited. Only 48 available Pokémon. There more in Snap.

I am convinced that a full Pokemon RPG can be good, though. But, you have to make more than 48 Pokemon available in it. It won't work with 500 or so different types, but I could see it working with 151 at least.

Oh my, a 3D remake of Red/Blue/Yellow?!

Hnnnnngggggggggg. Hold me, somebody.

Or, a 3D re-imagining.

I am convinced that a full Pokemon RPG can be good, though. But, you have to make more than 48 Pokemon available in it. It won't work with 500 or so different types, but I could see it working with 151 at least.

Oh my, a 3D remake of Red/Blue/Yellow?!

Hnnnnngggggggggg. Hold me, somebody.

Or, a 3D re-imagining.

We have a 3D game now :p

Yep, but rather than it not having a place on a home console, the problem was more to do with laziness.

The music was terrible, locations uninspiring, pokemon available (like slugma and Zigzagoon) pointless - complete with repeat battles with boring Pokemon and enemies.

...But I still worked my way through it and got Gale of Darkness twice because I needed me some big screen Pokemon.

Playing Pokemon Yellow on my tv via the transfer pack 'worked'. Gale of Darkness was getting closer but suffered from the same failings as its predecessor.

I say stick your finger out, stop being so pessimistic and dont let Genious Sonority anywhere near it - then we're on the right path.

Colossuem and XD were the only way to get (some, wasn't even most of them) Gen I and II Pokemon into Gen III before FR/LG came along. They were basically just to milk us for more money. :(

I did like how Colossuem was mainly double battles though, but that was about it. That and you took Pokemon from other trainers.

Yep, but rather than it not having a place on a home console, the problem was more to do with laziness.

The music was terrible, locations uninspiring, pokemon available (like slugma and Zigzagoon) pointless - complete with repeat battles with boring Pokemon and enemies.

...But I still worked my way through it and got Gale of Darkness twice because I needed me some big screen Pokemon.

Playing Pokemon Yellow on my tv via the transfer pack 'worked'. Gale of Darkness was getting closer but suffered from the same failings as its predecessor.

I say stick your finger out, stop being so pessimistic and dont let Genious Sonority anywhere near it - then we're on the right path.

Colossuem and XD were the only way to get (some, wasn't even most of them) Gen I and II Pokemon into Gen III before FR/LG came along. They were basically just to milk us for more money. :(

I did like how Colossuem was mainly double battles though, but that was about it. That and you took Pokemon from other trainers.

The double battles part was pretty good, actually. Didn't mind that at all.

But, everything else sucked balls.

For some reason, the game felt really empty to me. It didn't feel like the world was populated with Pokemon. The original GameBoy games get this across really well, the world seems more alive. Despite Colosseum having supposedly better visuals, the world seemed boring to me. A shame, a huge missed opportunity. I think that's the time where I put the series down and never picked it up again.

Haha, the full rpg thing made me laugh.

And @Guy - go eat a hat:

Oh wow. That was actually painful to read.

Will this hat be acceptable?

coolest-mario-hat-birthday-cake-86-21476289.jpg

Also seems I never outgrew my habit of editing all my posts. ALL OF THEM EXCEPT THIS ONE.

Edited by Guy
Dammit.

Princess Peach Wiimote heading to the US. I imagine we will see a release over here as well.

BlQvJ6uCAAE0lFX.jpg:large

REDMOND, Wash., Apr 15, 2014 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Nintendo hereby announces a new Wii Remote Plus controller styled in the royal fashion of Princess Peach. The pink controller features many touches that pay homage to the Mushroom Kingdom’s most powerful heroine, who recently starred in the Super Mario 3D World game for the Wii U console. The new controller includes a crown design over the speaker, blue buttons that echo Peach’s royal jewelry and a golden-yellow plus pad that evokes her regal crown.

It's a fun idea. Toad one with polka dots all over can't be far behind

Princess Peach Wiimote heading to the US. I imagine we will see a release over here as well.

BlQvJ6uCAAE0lFX.jpg:large

Thay all look pretty disgusting, in all honesty :heh: