NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Have you tried advance wars or fire emblem? They are incredible!

I enjoyed the first half of Advance Wars DS, then got stuck and gave up. However, enjoying half the game when I don't like turn based games or RTS games still shows how good the games are.

The Paper Mario games I also enjoy.

Pokémon Blue was the first turn-based game that I tried and detested, though.

I enjoyed the first half of Advance Wars DS, then got stuck and gave up. However, enjoying half the game when I don't like turn based games or RTS games still shows how good the games are.

The Paper Mario games I also enjoy.

Pokémon Blue was the first turn-based game that I tried and detested, though.

Yeah but that's because it's Pokemon ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. Don't let that series out you off :) Buy Fire Emblem, you won't regret it!

Have you tried advance wars or fire emblem? They are incredible!

Yeah, I hate them both too.

It should be an option for private games, there is no reason in 2014 for it not to be included.

Having voice chat in COD and Monster Hunter improves the online experience, I wouldn't have put hundreds of hours into those games if there was no voice chat.

For the league nights it would be incredible to have voice chat.

Also its spelt wrong not wong.

I want voice chat as much as the next man and it would make the league nights hysterical. However, there is a reason why it won't be included and we all know what it is. Mario Kart induces rage like no other game, it makes COD feel like a walk through a meadow and you lot on COD are already potty mouthed. And even in a private room, there will soon be videos uploaded to youtube with a mario kart race accompanied with an effing and jeffing sound track and Nintendo simply won't allow that to happen. The beautiful irony that Nintendo's child friendly games create more passion fueled rage than any adult themed game comes close to.

I want voice chat as much as the next man and it would make the league nights hysterical. However, there is a reason why it won't be included and we all know what it is. Mario Kart induces rage like no other game, it makes COD feel like a walk through a meadow and you lot on COD are already potty mouthed. And even in a private room, there will soon be videos uploaded to youtube with a mario kart race accompanied with an effing and jeffing sound track and Nintendo simply won't allow that to happen. The beautiful irony that Nintendo's child friendly games create more passion fueled rage than any adult themed game comes close to.

I've never raged at Mario Kart, it's part of the fun being blue-shelled before the line, that's what I love about it.

CoD on the other hand turns me into a mini-Zechs rage machine (only mini because nobody rages like @Zechs Merquise does), haha.

I've never raged at Mario Kart, it's part of the fun being blue-shelled before the line, that's what I love about it.

CoD on the other hand turns me into a mini-Zechs rage machine (only mini because nobody rages like @Zechs Merquise does), haha.

Indeed. In all my years of gaming on Xbox Live I have never heard anyone lose it as much or as loud as Zechs does. He puts all of those screaming kids to shame. :D

i never know who is who on chat. But when played the COD comp last week somebody was not a happy bunny (I'm guessing it was Zechs), whilst in the background the voice of reason (I'm guessing it was Lost) was trying to placate him and saying let's just finish the game.

I know personally I would be doing a Pestorius if/when some gobshite blue shells me on the final lap.

No one rages as hard as me haha! When someone is exploding over something in a game, it's nearly always me. However @lostmario has had some famous break downs lately on COD.

Well at least @Zechs Merquise hasn't gone to such lengths as damaging his Nintendo...

What are you on about? He snapped a Gamecube pad in half when raging once, haha.

Also, just wanted to say...

15F502EF-F27C-4579-A066-3674C071BB0E_zpsrrdeaivn.jpg

and...

6AEF5B1A-A943-4FE7-AF6B-D4E337F5C939_zpsliwvohch.jpg

Edited by Kav
Automerged Doublepost

So with pilotwings getting loads of love in smash, I reckon monster Games have been doing a Wii u version. What have they done since pilotwings 3ds?

Also, someone, cant remember who, said about the reason captain falcon hasn't been unveiled is because of a fzero game announcement, I want one so bad I'm buying into this. But who? Next Level Games said they're working with better and better franchises... Is fzero better than luigis mansion? Maybe. Personally I'd prefer them to make a starfox...

Anyways. Just wondered if we should get predictions going, can Nintendo get a game a month out for the rest of the year? Retro hinted they're a two game studio so could they have another title ready? They said they could have shown Zelda last year? Is there any chance it could be a surprise for this year?

MAY/JUNE - mario Kart

July - miamoto eshop game

August - Bayonetta 2

September - Hyrule Warriors

October - pilotwings

November - Metroid Prime

December - Smash Bros.

That's my guess! With a Zelda trailer at e3 ready for 2015.

MAY/JUNE - mario Kart

July - miamoto eshop game

August - Bayonetta 2

September - Hyrule Warriors

October - pilotwings

November - Metroid Prime

December - Smash Bros.

That's my guess! With a Zelda trailer at e3 ready for 2015.

Bayonetta worries the shit out of me. It doesn't seem to be coming any time soon. All news of it seems to have dried up. :blank:

Pilotwings could happen, I could see that coming. A Metroid in time for November though? No. I can't see that one. Would looove to get it wrong though. But, I can't see it.

I also doubt they'll be able to get a full blown Zelda ready for 2015 unless it's Winter 2015. Even then, I think we'll see a trailer, but it won't be coming til 2016. They'll take their time with it, they won't be in a rush to get it out. I imagine we'll only get the one on the Wii U, so they'll pour everything they have into it until they get it right.

Although saying that...2015 would be three years into the Wii U's lifespan, which would be the right time for a Zelda. So, maybe.

Bayonetta worries the shit out of me. It doesn't seem to be coming any time soon. All news of it seems to have dried up. :blank:

Eh? We got news of it in the last Direct...

Eh? We got news of it in the last Direct...

We didn't get a European date though, did we?

I also doubt they'll be able to get a full blown Zelda ready for 2015 unless it's Winter 2015. Even then, I think we'll see a trailer, but it won't be coming til 2016. They'll take their time with it, they won't be in a rush to get it out. I imagine we'll only get the one on the Wii U, so they'll pour everything they have into it until they get it right.

We know they started it in 2012 and that Wind Waker HD was a result of them testing things. 2015 is very likely.

Don't forget that they had it to a point last year that they were willing to show it at E3, then at Comic-Con, but decided E3 was too packed already and that Comic-Con was not the right place. It's guaranteed for E3 this year

We didn't get a European date though, did we?

We didn't get Japanese or US date either. Just "Available in 2014."

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

We know they started it in 2012 and that Wind Waker HD was a result of them testing things. 2015 is very likely.

Don't forget that they had it to a point last year that they were willing to show it at E3, then at Comic-Con, but decided E3 was too packed already and that Comic-Con was not the right place. It's guaranteed for E3 this year

We didn't get Japanese or US date either. Just "Available in 2014."

Sorry, I don't buy into the idea that an E3 can ever be too packed to put in a Zelda trailer. Nintendo haven't got the luxury at the moment of being able to with-hold important stuff like that. It's Zelda...

Yeah, no dates. Available in 2014 is too vague. It doesn't give you confidence or it doesn't give you the right impression of Nintendo. They need to be much more specific with dates. I have a major gripe with Nintendo about this. As far as I know, the only firm date we've got for a big title is Mario Kart. That...isn't right at all. How are we meant to get hyped for these titles if we don't know when they're coming?

I thought the specific reason given for not showing Zelda last year was not necessarily that E3 was too packed, but they were working on another Zelda they had not yet released (Wind Waker HD). By not showing Zelda Wii U, they supposedly gave WW HD a better chance to shine. That's the story, anyway - I hope it's true and that we do see Zelda this year.

I thought the specific reason given for not showing Zelda last year was not necessarily that E3 was too packed, but they were working on another Zelda they had not yet released (Wind Waker HD). By not showing Zelda Wii U, they supposedly gave WW HD a better chance to shine. That's the story, anyway - I hope it's true and that we do see Zelda this year.

That makes much more sense.

I'll be gutted if we don't get a Zelda trailer or information of some kind. Unless there's something else there instead that is equally as awesome.

I can't imagine Nintendo would need until 2016 to finish Zelda. I'd definitely say 2015, if not at a push Dec 2014 as they seem to like releasing Zelda games around Xmas.

E3 2013 was too packed? Did I miss something?

Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, Wind Waker, Sonic Lost World, A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon, Bayonetta 2, X....?

That's an outstanding showing for a Nintendo E3, and far more packed than this year is likely to be. The bizarre backlash last year was ridiculous.

I can't imagine Nintendo would need until 2016 to finish Zelda. I'd definitely say 2015, if not at a push Dec 2014 as they seem to like releasing Zelda games around Xmas.

Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, Wind Waker, Sonic Lost World, A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon, Bayonetta 2, X....?

That's an outstanding showing for a Nintendo E3, and far more packed than this year is likely to be. The bizarre backlash last year was ridiculous.

Indeed. If Nintendo had revealed that line-up any other year, people would be praising them. It's just because it was a Direct rather than a conference, which is practically the same thing from the perspective of people at home, just a Direct lacks awkward pauses for applause and live demos going wrong.

If Nintendo fans weren't happy with last year's E3 line up, then nothing will please them, certainly not this year's. To be honest it all stemmed from Donkey Kong not being Metroid. That's the only reason I can think of for the disappointment, and maybe 3D World not being Galaxy 3 (though it ended up being near 10/10 material anyway)