NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Miiverse has appeared to go through an aesthetic update. Pics thanks of OniLink on GAF

GZwZZlK.jpgKs71GxK.jpgsroKBnW.jpgOMf4iO3.jpg

Not happy that they took out the numerical activity indicator. That was actually a pretty decent way of estimating game sales (I used that to predict the US sales of the TWWHD Wii U bundle pretty accurately!).

Otherwise it looks great! And seems to indicate that we'll be able to view communities for 3DS games on Wii U (and vice versa). It was starting to get a bit unmanageable to wade through all of those communities...

It's also a shame that AT: Explore the Dungeon BECAUSE I DON't KNOW is apparently pants.

Changelog:

There has been an update to Miiverse today.

This update is designed to prepare for the launch of Miiverse on Nintendo 3DS. Besides the existing communities for Wii U software, many new communities will be created for Nintendo 3DS software and even more users will join Miiverse. With this in mind, we have made the following changes to both the Wii U and web versions of Miiverse:

1. New display options in the community list

You can now display more communities at once, with the newest communities displayed first. You can also use a filter to display communities based on categories such as “Wii U software”, “Virtual Console” and so on.

2. A change to the profile page

Your profile no longer displays the total number of Yeahs you have given. However, you can still see the number of Yeahs on individual posts.

3. A change to the default display setting within a community

Until now, when you entered a community, the newest posts were displayed first. From now on, posts by people who have played the game will be displayed by default.

This was already announced in the latest Nintendo Direct, but I wanted to remind you that Miiverse is coming to Nintendo 3DS in December. Please note that a Nintendo Network ID is required to use Miiverse on Nintendo 3DS. If you already have a Nintendo Network ID on Wii U, you can continue using the same ID on your Nintendo 3DS. For more details, please visit the official Nintendo website.

Well it good to know they're on the TV even if I haven't seen them. I have Sky so unless there's something specific that I know is coming on I don't flick through ITV as it's awkwardly stuck away in "other channels". The thing is advertising at this time of year probably costs them a lot more than if they'd done a steady stream throughout the year instead. I had been thinking would they show them during Champions League, what would be the point as there's no sports games to play let alone soccer games? That Messi XBONE ad has been on ad nauseam even though it's very good(the ad not the game).

It's also a shame that AT: Explore the Dungeon BECAUSE I DON't KNOW is apparently pants.

I had this pre-ordered up until like 3 days before it came out when I checked a trailer on YouTube. Looked like total fucking gash so I cancelled it.

Well that's one way to get the consoles into households

Well that's one way to get the consoles into households

Won't count as sales though :p

That is nice of them, giving all those people a Wii U so that they can sell them and have extra money for Christmas :p

That is nice of them, giving all those people a Wii U so that they can sell them and have extra money for Christmas :p
I'm not so sure it'll be that straightforward. :heh:

In case anyone was interested in the game:

Ashes Cricket 2013, which was due out next week, has been cancelled because it's utterly awful.

Ashes Cricket 2013, which was due out next week, has been cancelled because it's utterly awful.

Was it going to be Wii U as well?! I'd seen a piece about it on Kotaku and it being pulled from Steam, absolutely shocking stuff lol.

They cancelled because the game itself is awful or cricket in general is awful? I say both :laughing:

Was it going to be Wii U as well?! I'd seen a piece about it on Kotaku and it being pulled from Steam, absolutely shocking stuff lol.

The Steam version was released last Friday, but it was due to be out on Wii U, 360 and PS3 next week.

The Steam version was released last Friday, but it was due to be out on Wii U, 360 and PS3 next week.

They've pulled the steam version after the negative press etc.

Was the game genuinely that bad, or was it simply an unplayable, buggy mess that got out of beta too early?

Was the game genuinely that bad, or was it simply an unplayable, buggy mess that got out of beta too early?

Video Gamer did an impressions video, check that out. Doesn't seem too buggy, just absolute gash. E.g. no catching animation.

Doesn't seem too buggy, just absolute gash. E.g. no catching animation.

Sounds legit...like recent England performances in fact.

wait what?! no catching animation in a sports game that consists of catching and hitting....... i cannot fathom how they omitted that

I can imagine the reviews now...

"Poor title, this is not what the Wii U needs right now" *sick starts spewing out of every hole on body*

I seen my first Wii U since the summer and Pikmin 3. It was for Super Mario 3D World. Ironically enough it was on Comedy Central at 12.15 during a repeat of the second part of the console wars episode of South Park which makes no mention of Wii U.