N-Europe

hey people!:) Nintendo Moustache Contest

Stemmed the shizzle out of the stache.

Thanks a lot!

@nintendofan16... don't forget to make your way over into the Nintendo Boards for some gaming discussion too.

I won't forget, I just check it right now. :)The weather was really nice today:grin:, It rains a lot here but finally the sun is shining,:love: hahaha no worries you guys are great and I like the forum!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... because when someone signs up JUST to sell shoes you don't go and buy those shoes. If genericnintendofan#12 is still around in 6 months then fine, but if they disappear once they get a result on teh tache comp, then you're just a bunch of gumps. Usually newbs get one-touch banned if all they are doing is advertising, and that's all this one has done. They've made two posts outside this thread but it's clear they're not interested in joining the community, just in explioting the nature of gamers.

Rules state you can exhibit a link in your sig but you shouldn't primarily exist on the boards to promote an external enterprise. Generally new members that are blatantly advertising get left alone (at least for a while) if they're providing entertainment. For once it's not a bot, so there's another reason to let it slide. But essentially this individual has joined this forum in order to earn more votes for a competition regardless of whether their entry into the competition is the BEST or not.

It's unwanted content, in my view.

... because when someone signs up JUST to sell shoes you don't go and buy those shoes. If genericnintendofan#12 is still around in 6 months then fine, but if they disappear once they get a result on teh tache comp, then you're just a bunch of gumps. Usually newbs get one-touch banned if all they are doing is advertising, and that's all this one has done. They've made two posts outside this thread but it's clear they're not interested in joining the community, just in explioting the nature of gamers.

Rules state you can exhibit a link in your sig but you shouldn't primarily exist on the boards to promote an external enterprise. Generally new members that are blatantly advertising get left alone (at least for a while) if they're providing entertainment. For once it's not a bot, so there's another reason to let it slide. But essentially this individual has joined this forum in order to earn more votes for a competition regardless of whether their entry into the competition is the BEST or not.

Well so what. It's always a risk to advertise your content like this, and now it seems to have payed off. I'm actually quite surprised so many did vote for her, considering the "welcomes" this forum usually gives people...so thus I see it just as a positive thing.

Even if she runs away after this, so what? What exactly was the harm done here? People used their own judgement to vote for her, and that's totally their business. I mean at least she has a picture up, that's more than many long-time members here can muster up...

• 3 weeks later...