NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

But Lloris's foot was so high with studs showing. That's an easy yellow potential red anywhere else surely?

Just watched MOTD, it was like watching a football parody at times,

you had refs thinking everything is a dive, you had players diving in two footed right infront the refs, and you had players trying to defend the un-defendable such as Nolan's sending off, Nolan is such a thug, what goes through his mind?

And what was Debuchy thinking too? Utter madness.

Told you guys after the Liverpool/City game Howard Webb was too paranoid of diving to give anything.

I see Suarez took another kicking against Hull, the free kick goal was poetic justice. Almost a goal of the season contender from Coutinho, he's just the final finish away from being a truly special player.

Almost a goal of the season contender from Coutinho, he's just the final finish away from being a truly special player.

Unbelievably talented is wee phil. :p

If only he could shoot as well as he can pass...

@Clownferret as others have stressed, imagine if it had happened in the middle of the pitch with two defenders. That the ball has already been placed would probably make people think it was an even worse challenge. It's not the keeper's body that's tripped the player as you'd expect but it's the studs-up feet. Those kinds of challenges are outlawed because of the harm they can do to a player (and by extention, their career if badly injured).

In this instance, it's not about foiling a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

Ultimately the point is that there should be clarity with this rule, at least.

You fill up my senses!

Like a gallon of magnet

Like a packet of woodbines

Like a good pinch of snuff

Like a night out in Sheffield

Like a greasy chip butty

Like Sheffield United

Come fill me again

Na na na na na OOOOOOH!!!!

Buzzing!!! Gotta love the FA Cup :D

Good result for Sheffield United, thoroughly deserved from all accounts. Lambert though has tobe living on borrowed time. Had they not beaten Sunderland on New Years Day he'd be out the door after today. Fair play to Blackburn Rovers too.

Topped the whole game off, the rage some of those Tottenham supports showed, you just had to shake your head and chuckle. Theo loved it.

A good result for Arsenal. I did think the game was a bit boring and flat, though. A bit disappointed still that we lost against Spurs with the way that they were playing today.

Nervous about tomorrow's game. We should do enough to get by, but it wouldn't surprise me if we manage to draw it 1-1 or something. No Rooney and no Van Persie, so we'll struggle to score.

Where's my favourite NE'er dazzybee?

Forever in our shadow.

The last I saw, he was handcuffing Soldado to a rocket and was firing him to the Moon.

Edit: Looooooool at Roy Keane's comments regarding Walcott/Spurs fans. If the fans are giving it all that, then there's nothing wrong with giving a little bit back to them (as long as you're swearing in their faces or doing anything too obscene).

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Hope Theo's seasons over!

I'm not actually that bothered. I thinks her wood is utterly clueless as showed again today. He'll get away with it as we have better players than most teams, but whenever a slightly tactical approach is needed he'll come severely unstuck. 2 up front away v arsenal, a debut to a kid instead of a DM to protect the back 4? Then he becomes LESS attacking when we go 2 done and doesn't just go for it (seemingly his approach from kick off) when were against 10 men. Bizarre.

Never mind subbing soldado and not ade who was absolutely atrocious. You can see how ade will play in the first 20 mins of games. When soldado went off we created nothing. However much everyone slags him off, his build up play and movement are absolutely brilliant. I have no doubt he'll start banging them in soon.

The Spurs fan reacted exactly the same as how many fans from every other club would.

Arsenal looked much better and Spurs looked clueless in final third.

You fill up my senses!

Like a gallon of magnet

Like a packet of woodbines

Like a good pinch of snuff

Like a night out in Sheffield

Like a greasy chip butty

Like Sheffield United

Come fill me again

Na na na na na OOOOOOH!!!!

Buzzing!!! Gotta love the FA Cup :D

One of the best footie songs out there....not a supporter but still love it so atmospheric when its sung!

I'm not actually that bothered.

You're not bothered, first sentence suggests otherwise.

Shittest Spurs have looked at our place in some time, even the 5-2s they played better and gave us more grief. Don't even remember Fabianski making a save.

Why don't we talk about the refs decision last season not to send off Suarez for his bite and help you to draw against us in the final minute?

All evens out.

I'm not actually that bothered. I thinks her wood is utterly clueless as showed again today. He'll get away with it as we have better players than most teams, but whenever a slightly tactical approach is needed he'll come severely unstuck. 2 up front away v arsenal, a debut to a kid instead of a DM to protect the back 4? Then he becomes LESS attacking when we go 2 done and doesn't just go for it (seemingly his approach from kick off) when were against 10 men. Bizarre.

Never mind subbing soldado and not ade who was absolutely atrocious. You can see how ade will play in the first 20 mins of games. When soldado went off we created nothing. However much everyone slags him off, his build up play and movement are absolutely brilliant. I have no doubt he'll start banging them in soon.

I thought that Adebayor was far better than Soldado for the whole game. If Spurs were going to do anything it would've been Ade who created it.

Won a tenner on the game, happy days.

There was that one shot from Dembele I think...

Dembele was playing?!

#Solpeno did me proud today, he almost had a shot on target that wasn't on the penalty spot.

dazzy is hilarious. I love how he went missing for a while after we embarrassed them.

Getting really sick of not even taking the F.A cup remotely seriously :(

More Premier League opposition for us!!

And at home :)

Nearly got Man Utd as well, so close!

Nearly got Man Utd as well, so close!

I know...I did really want a top Prem team too.

You're not bothered, first sentence suggests otherwise.

Shittest Spurs have looked at our place in some time, even the 5-2s they played better and gave us more grief. Don't even remember Fabianski making a save.

Does it? Really? I'd think that even if we won.

I agree, thought we were really really poor, we have a lot of Injuries, and rose' error made it look worse, but we weren't great, arsenal were there for the taking. I do worry about Sherwood, but it's done now. Let's hope Vertonghen and sandro come back soon and Sherwood keeps learning from his really predictable misakes.

dazzy is hilarious. I love how he went missing for a while after we embarrassed them.

Had someone to do with me moving to Paris. I didn't come in when we beat Man U either, and I did when we just lost to arsenal...

What's more hilarious than me, is Liverpool are having the seasons of their fucking lives, had no Europe or even league cup, Rodgers is a genius, and spurs in Europe, got tot he quarters of the league cup,and things are so bad we sacked our manager... Yet were two points behind.