NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Well deserved MoTM award for Alonso..he had a fantastic game.

The reaction from United fans on the BBC feed is hilarious though. Some people really are clueless. Feel for Moyes but it will get worse before it goes well.

He's not really helping himself though. His body language when we went behind twice was very negative and he just looks very lost. If you were playing and one nil down and you looked towards the sidelines, would you be inspired or feel confident? Can't believe we didn't at least try and put Kagawa in the number 10 role behind Welbeck and put Januzaj wide. Not sure what the logic was behind playing Giggs.

It's almost like every other game this season that we've played. We play in exactly the same way, regardless of whether we're winning or losing. Even in the 93rd minute and losing, we still do the same thing...pass the ball around in midfield, back into defence, into midfield and create nothing. The passing worries the shit out of me, as does the defending.

The only plus I can think of tonight is that Januzaj looked brilliant, again. Regardless of where he plays, he seems up for every game. Thank fuck we got him on a long term deal.

He's not really helping himself though. His body language when we went behind twice was very negative and he just looks very lost. If you were playing and one nil down and you looked towards the sidelines, would you be inspired or feel confident? Can't believe we didn't at least try and put Kagawa in the number 10 role behind Welbeck and put Januzaj wide. Not sure what the logic was behind playing Giggs.

It's almost like every other game this season that we've played. We play in exactly the same way, regardless of whether we're winning or losing. Even in the 93rd minute and losing, we still do the same thing...pass the ball around in midfield, back into defence, into midfield and create nothing. The passing worries the shit out of me, as does the defending.

The only plus I can think of tonight is that Januzaj looked brilliant, again. Regardless of where he plays, he seems up for every game. Thank fuck we got him on a long term deal.

Yeah he was class tonight. Great to see such a young player always determined to go forward with the ball.

Just seen someone tweet '7 days into 2014 and we've already lost 3 games'. Mental.

Yeah he was class tonight. Great to see such a young player always determined to go forward with the ball.

Just seen someone tweet '7 days into 2014 and we've already lost 3 games'. Mental.

That's why we need to at least try and give the likes of Zaha a game. At the moment, we can't physically play any worse, so why not just give these players a go and create for the future. Playing players like Giggs doesn't solve the short term or the long term. It's pointless and it's using up space for youngsters who we NEED to impress.

We've got Swansea at home on Saturday, then Chelsea away, before playing Sunderland again in the cup. Realistically, given the way we're playing, we could lose all three. We've already lost against Swansea at home, we couldn't beat Chelsea at home and we lost to Sunderland tonight.

That's why we need to at least try and give the likes of Zaha a game. At the moment, we can't physically play any worse, so why not just give these players a go and create for the future. Playing players like Giggs doesn't solve the short term or the long term. It's pointless and it's using up space for youngsters who we NEED to impress.

We've got Swansea at home on Saturday, then Chelsea away, before playing Sunderland again in the cup. Realistically, given the way we're playing, we could lose all three. We've already lost against Swansea at home, we couldn't beat Chelsea at home and we lost to Sunderland tonight.

Yes but Giggs needs his one for the season!

At the end of the game I heard the Sky say some United fans were saying we need to build the team around Januzaj more...I don't what more they can do as plan A seems to be 'give it to Adnan, he might score'.

We will beat Swansea on Saturday, lose at Chelsea and beat Sunderland. I think.

Yes but Giggs needs his one for the season!

We joke about this, but that's almost what it's about by playing him - beating records. I love the guy for all he has done, but we can't deny the fact that for the past few years, every time he got a game, it was to the detriment of somebody else coming up through the ranks. It's great to see him keep going, but it's going to keep hurting us long term.

At the end of the game I heard the Sky say some United fans were saying we need to build the team around Januzaj more...I don't what more they can do as plan A seems to be 'give it to Adnan, he might score'.

We will beat Swansea on Saturday, lose at Chelsea and beat Sunderland. I think.

Fuck no, the last thing we want to do is rely solely on him or just use him as the basis for every single thing that we do. We shouldn't become one dimensional. We did this in the latter days of Ruud Van Nistelrooy and we were much better off afterwards when he moved on. It just allowed us to play better football without going about things in just one way. We need to incorporate him and others, the other intelligent players who aren't afraid and can play football.

It's a bit embarrassing to suggest Man Utd build at team around Januzaj. I mean the lad has done nothing yet, more dives than goals. He's 18, you should have lads 22-26 to build the team around. Except Cleverley, Smalling and Jones are pony.

I honestly can see Januzaj wanting to leave Manchester United sooner rather than later. He's strikes me as a player that would abandon a sinking ship faster than most.

Just my opinion though, but I get the impression all this hype he's getting will get to his head and he'll think he's the next Ronaldo and want to leave.

Pretty much Bentdner the 2nd, but without Bentdners clinical finishing ;)

I'm thinking Macheda mkII. Remember the guff over him because he scored a goal against Villa..

Fat Sam throwing both cups away.

Robbie Savage has listed 12 players he thinks Man Utd need to get rid off. I think he's pretty much spot on with that. So much deadwood at the club.

I'd agree with most of that.

We need a massive performance today. I'm hoping we turn up and put a big shift in. Cmaaaaan.

I'm so mixed about the whole Thomas Hitzlsperger news. It's...sad that a player needs to come out and "admit" that they are gay. It almost implies that they've committed some sort of crime and are revealing to the world that they themselves are coming to terms with it. The other aspect is that it isn't the world's business to know his sexuality. It doesn't and shouldn't change his contributions on the field and it shouldn't change the fan's attitudes towards him.

On the other hand, I do understand that somebody needed to fire the first shot and pave the way for others to "come out", therefore eradicating the problem. Still, I guess it's part of the world we live in, the 21st Century where every aspect of your life is made available to the public, whether you agree to it or not. Whatever happened to decency and letting the professionals just do their thing?

Sitting watching the Newcastle Vs City match and the goal that's just been disallowed is absolutely shocking. Awful, awful decision.

Sitting watching the Newcastle Vs City match and the goal that's just been disallowed is absolutely shocking. Awful, awful decision.

Gouffran is offside by a country mile and is interfering (he has to side step to not get struck by the ball). It's definitely a debateable decision, not sure it's awful though.

Still 5 of the injury time left. I think they're worth a draw. Newcastle's goal should've counted in the 1st half. Nasri's injury looks awful. Walcott part 2.

Edit: 2-0. It's over. Still Newcastle deserved a draw. Tiote getting Man Of The Match says it so. Commentators agree.

Edited by Wii

Newcastle's goal should've counted in the 1st half.

Care to explain why?

Care to explain why?

Gouffran, yes he was offside but wasn't interfering with play. Newcastle missed some great chances in the second half.

Gouffran, yes he was offside but wasn't interfering with play. Newcastle missed some great chances in the second half.

He has to side step to get out of the way, how is that not interfering?

https://vine.co/v/hLapeD3ZZ1w

Eh because I just said so. Nah because he didn't block Hartes view.

I hate playing against Stoke :nono:

I never expect us to beat them and am certainly not confident of doing it today, having let a 2 goal lead slip at the end of the first half :hmm:

I hate playing against Stoke :nono:

I never expect us to beat them and am certainly not confident of doing it today, having let a 2 goal lead slip at the end of the first half :hmm:

Yeah, always a bogey team for us, at least at their place. I'm expecting a draw or worse. I can't see us winning...

Eh because I just said so. Nah because he didn't block Hartes view.

This is the controversy they've started by changing the offside rule from black and white to phases/daylight/interfering. It only leads to different interpretation and inconsistency.

There was a definite improvement when I was watching our game yesterday. The first half was a bit drab, but even then we were playing decent football. Second half was one of the best halves we've played all season. Quick passing, good movement, getting men behind the ball. We looked like we were playing with confidence.

The team-sheet at the start didn't give me tremendous hope because, again, we put Kagawa out wide. But, about 30 mins in, he was in the number 10 role with Januzaj out wide, who pinging the balls in like he's been playing there all his life. We had players in the right positions...and we looked so much better.

Fletcher didn't really get an awful lot of recognition, but he looked great in midfield. Will hopefully give Cleverley some competition and force him to improve if he wants a look in. Januzaj, Kagawa and Welbeck's link up play was great to watch. Even without the win, the general play was far better than the last 3 or so games. More of this please!

Awesome result. Scoring 5 at Stoke isn't easy. Fantastic to see Sturridge back and scoring already. :)

Yeah, always a bogey team for us, at least at their place. I'm expecting a draw or worse. I can't see us winning...

I like being proved wrong. :D

Hell of a game for both sets of fans and the neutrals.

At the match today, hugely aggrieved for that goal not to have counted. Absolutely lethal strike and it gets ruled out because the Man City players essentially manage to scare the referee. Rarely had the atmosphere feel so toxic at St James Park.

It was another big performance against a big team but sadly it just wasn't our day. Refereeing was all over the place and I think a good few cards, perhaps red, could have been handed out to both teams. Still, encouraging stuff all the same. Hopefully we can go on a winning streak as we have 3 very winnable fixtures coming up.

Liverpool-Stoke sounds mental. Makes a change from all the 2-0s.

On a side note, I still think Arsenal might have been the best team I've seen visit St James Park. City struggled a bit after the first 25 minutes and although always a threat on the counter given their pace and finishing, they weren't nearly as ruthless as I thought they'd be.