NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

There you go. And the worlds scummiest sportsperson does it again with a dive. Can't wait for real to buy him in the summer. The man disgusts me

It looked like a dive to me. If there was contact, it was the absolute minimum, nowhere near enough to bring him down. It's a typical Ashley Young dive, basically.

We played badly today. There was defo contact for the pen @dazzybee is talking shite as usual.

Wind your neck in. Contact =/= foul. Suarez dived. Clear as bloody day.

Wind your neck in. Contact =/= foul. Suarez dived. Clear as bloody day.

Match of the Day wound me right up with the whole "contact" thing.

Fuck that. If you've got to zoom in and highlight where the goalkeeper makes contact with the player, then it can't be that great a deal of contact. ("oh, you can clearly see at 250x magnification that the fingernail of the goalkeeper that he spat out 10 minutes ago grazes the knee of Suarez, with just enough contact to bring him down) I hate this bollocks of a player "feeling contact" and "feeling entitled" to go down. You're not owed anything.

I went to a gig straight from the Arsenal game so I've only seen a vine clip of the dive. I'll get stuck in to it tomorrow once I've watched the recording of MotD.

I went to a gig straight from the Arsenal game so I've only seen a vine clip of the dive. I'll get stuck in to it tomorrow once I've watched the recording of MotD.

Pepper your angus before listening to the Alan Shearer reasoning of why strikers/attacking players "go down easily".

On a side note: How good did Cabaye look for Newcastle today? Wouldn't be surprised if we put in a cheeky bid for him this January. He'd improve our side and I'd love to see him in a United shirt. It would have to be over his value though, as I don't expect Newcastle would let go of him easily.

It's funny. Suárez gets kicked for 90 mins all the time and he gets fuck all, and then he gets a very soft penalty with minimal contact.

Refereeing is fucking awful, really.

I don't buy the whole 'we can't have video replays as it slows down the sport' because quite simply, waiting 10-15 seconds is better than what we currently have. It's ruining the sport for me, tbh.

It's funny. Suárez gets kicked for 90 mins all the time and he gets fuck all, and then he gets a very soft penalty with minimal contact.

I've bought a hundred scratch cards and won fuck all, I should just be given tonights Lotto prize.

Shit logic.

I've bought a hundred scratch cards and won fuck all, I should just be given tonights Lotto prize.

Shit logic.

That's not even the same. If he's fouled (which he is alot) he should be awarded a free kick, don't you agree? He never gets them. I'm not saying that's why he deserved the pen, and i never did say that.

I don't get why people moan when players are awarded pens when there's contact. It's how the game is now, and that's how Suárez won a pen.

I don't buy the whole 'we can't have video replays as it slows down the sport' because quite simply, waiting 10-15 seconds is better than what we currently have. It's ruining the sport for me, tbh.

Shit logic.

The consistency of refereeing is shit, though. Right now, anyway. I almost dread hearing that whistle go when somebody goes down in the box, because you can almost anticipate the fallout/shit-storm that is a-brewing.

There's no consistency and there are so many poor decisions being made. I can't believe we're at that stage where Cricket, the slowest sport known to man, has technology and far greater accuracy in terms of decision making than football. Cricket. FUCKING CRICKET. I love cricket (playing it) with all of my heart, but how the fuck was this allowed to happen? This is football. God's game.

I don't like how it is, but there's no point ignoring it. Suárez knows if he feels contact and goes down he has a good chance of winning a free kick/penalty. Why hate on him? Hate the bullshit refereeing, take it out on them.

I don't like how it is, but there's no point ignoring it. Suárez knows if he feels contact and goes down he has a good chance of winning a free kick/penalty. Why hate on him? Hate the bullshit refereeing, take it out on them.

Yes and no. The refereeing should be better, but I can't help but hate the typical "modern-day footballer" who feels the need to go down whenever they feel the slightest touch. If you watch the incident again, there's no way that the keeper does anything to impede Suarez. He withdraws. But, players now know that if they do down in the box, they can potentially win a penalty. That isn't right. They go looking for it. Even when they know full well that they're not being impeded.

Contact doesn't mean a foul. For me (and according to the rules) there has to be sufficient intent or a clear obstruction, otherwise you get bullshit like strikers (Danny Welbeck is guilty of this) leaving their legs trailing or even moving their feet TOWARDS the opposition even after they've run right past them. If anything, they're obstructing the defending team!

Why hate on benefit scroungers, most have done nothing wrong, just milking a wonky system.

We were utter garbage in the first half, thank goodness Rodgers had the sense to change things at half time and didn't mess around waiting into the second half, altough he probably could have made a chage in the first half we were that bad.

I think considering the way we dominated the second half we deserved the draw, controversial pen, but we were really the only team trying to win the game after that. Even though we rescued a point from 2-0 down it still felt like a defeat.

The ref missed a bad flying elbow on Suarez, surprised he didn't book Suarez for diving there seeing as he didn't give a freekick and Suarez stayed down. Villa might have avoided a possible red card there.

Just a thought, could the ref have judged Guzan to be attempting to trip Suarez? Which is a foul regardless of contact. It all depends on how much the ref thinks the keeper is going for the ball or going for Suarez.

Anyway, sometimes players don't get a legit pen because of the way they go down, but players often want to make a point of a foul and go down easily/theatrically, especially if they feel the ref has missed other fouls on them. Personally I think a referee should be able to award a free kick or pen but also book the fouled player for a theatrical fall.

Also Suarez gets lots of free-kicks so that point is moot.

I don't know if you watch a lot of Liverpool, but believe me, the other team often gets away with kicking the shit out of him. He wins freekicks, yes, but he should get plenty more.

So after saying I talk shite and there was contact it was a penalty. You're now back tracking. Whatever you don't apologise though :)

So after saying I talk shite and there was contact it was a penalty. You're now back tracking. Whatever you don't apologise though :)

He didn't dive though, that's why I called you out. He went down incredibly easily and knew what he was doing. He's the best at that.

The consistency of refereeing is shit, though. Right now, anyway. I almost dread hearing that whistle go when somebody goes down in the box, because you can almost anticipate the fallout/shit-storm that is a-brewing.

There's no consistency and there are so many poor decisions being made. I can't believe we're at that stage where Cricket, the slowest sport known to man, has technology and far greater accuracy in terms of decision making than football. Cricket. FUCKING CRICKET. I love cricket (playing it) with all of my heart, but how the fuck was this allowed to happen? This is football. God's game.

I'm not even sure it's consistency in the refeering, it's consistency in rule making. What constitutes a foul and clearly defining what constitutes a dive.

If the FA set out a clear set of guidelines I'm fairly sure that wouldn't have been a penalty yesterday. Things they could highlight:

• Whether player motions towards keeper for contact
  • Trailing foot
  • Whether the keeper withdraws arms to avoid collision
  • Amount of contact. Is it enough to fell player.

Liverpool have had two abysmally soft penalties in the space of 7 days. I don't want to hear any more victim complex shit for the rest of the season.

He didn't dive though, that's why I called you out. He went down incredibly easily and knew what he was doing. He's the best at that.

Next you'll be telling me Pires never dived against Portsmouth and that Eboué is a saint.

Pepper your angus before listening to the Alan Shearer reasoning of why strikers/attacking players "go down easily".

On a side note: How good did Cabaye look for Newcastle today? Wouldn't be surprised if we put in a cheeky bid for him this January. He'd improve our side and I'd love to see him in a United shirt. It would have to be over his value though, as I don't expect Newcastle would let go of him easily.

Excellent wasn't he? Ashley would let go of him in a heartbeat if the money was right, but to service this I think he wants to wait and see how france do in the world cup. Struck me for a while as the exact sort of player that Man U need as well.... Yours for around £17-20m i reckon.

On another note, Newcastle finally won again! Had a ramshackle second half but made it look comfortable in the end. West Ham are going down if they continue in that manner. Utter dross.