NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Can't believe we lost the derby AGAIN. Usually i cautiously anticipate a draw with these things but just for once i thought we would win. I thought we were better for much of the match but they defended well and just seemed to want it more. Just to rub it in i captained remy over suarez in fantasy football =|

Also quite disappointed to see City lose to Chelsea. Don't want to see Chelsea win the title really, the media are far enough up Mou's arse as it is. Hope we can at least give them a game next week, a draw would be brilliant and i'd even take a spirited loss. Hopefully our defence will have recovered by that point, first 3 CBs all out today :(

I wanted the Chelsea -City match to be a draw. Thought it might even out the top even more, which is fun. Never mind though, it's still pretty close.

My Fantasy Football team did incredibly well this week. No stand out's, but almost everyone got a 6.

How soft was the penalty in the Spurs game? The Hull player is two yards away and retracting his arm. Ridiculous decision. £26M well spent on Solpeno, all he's good for.

Has anyone seen Dazzy? hope he's not been abducted by a gypsy family.

Just been really busy :) Moving to paris next month and work is mental; I'll be back here as part of the big n-europe football wind-up!

I'm off to Hull Wednesday and Everton game sunday so looking forward to that!

Can't wait to see how Arsenal play now they have some tough games; 8 out of their first 9 games were bottom half clubs!!

He's taking a while to get into the swing of things, but he'll get there in the end. I think he's got a bit of stage fright at the moment.

Another Soldado penalty, another 1-0 for Spurs. Seems like they're taking their time to gel, too. City are also only 2 points ahead of us.

We are taking our time to gel, but we're still 3 points off the top and have kept 12 clean sheets out of our 15 games this season. Not bad. Once our attacking players get there and we start scoring more I think we're be very good. If we're still in with a shout come February I think we could do it :D

As for Man u. I still think they'll struggle to get a europa place this season. They obviously have two incredible attackers; but the rest of the squad they're really average.

We'll see. Exciting as usual. Top 6 is excellent this year and Everton look pretty good at 7th!

How soft was the penalty in the Spurs game? The Hull player is two yards away and retracting his arm. Ridiculous decision. £26M well spent on Solpeno, all he's good for.

It was a soft penalty. But your final sentence is a little ignorant, what has the soft penalty got to do with Soldado's price and ability?! Giroud has had a season in the premiership and "amazing" this season for arsenal. Soldado has just joined a goal shy team and has 6 goals in 10 games for us... Yet you slag him off?!!

It was a soft penalty. But your final sentence is a little ignorant, what has the soft penalty got to do with Soldado's price and ability?! Giroud has had a season in the premiership and "amazing" this season for arsenal. Soldado has just joined a goal shy team and has 6 goals in 10 games for us... Yet you slag him off?!!

The soft penalty has nothing to do with his price tag. However his contributions on the pitch have everything to do with his price tag. 4 goals in 9 league games, sounds decent, 3 are spot kicks. You've plonked £26M on an NFL punter, until that changes I'm sorry, but Solpeno will have to live with the reputation.

What's Giroud got to do with any of this?

Most of those from the penalty spot mind. He seems more of a CF rather than a natural striker, he links up the play better than he scores.

The soft penalty has nothing to do with his price tag. However his contributions on the pitch have everything to do with his price tag. 4 goals in 9 league games, sounds decent, 3 are spot kicks. You've plonked £26M on an NFL punter, until that changes I'm sorry, but Solpeno will have to live with the reputation.

What's Giroud got to do with any of this?

Just reminding you as you're quick to slag hi off. He's only one behind Giroud who's having the season of his life and had an awful first season adjusting in the premiership. Soldado's just come over in his first season and aint doing too badly.

And where has the fascination come from with open play?! A few years ago we never used to chat about open play blah blah blah Just how many goals they scored. Now it's all the rage for it to be a judgment. Considering we've probably scored less than half our penalties in the 5 years previous, I'm pretty happy that he can put them away!!

Personally I'm really happy with Soldado, he links up play for the team very well, got a couple of assists and looks good. but our attacking play as a whole isn't exactly firing is it? We'll get better and he'll score more as a result. But 4 in 8 starts and 6 in 9 isn't bad.

Just reminding you as you're quick to slag hi off. He's only one behind Giroud who's having the season of his life and had an awful first season adjusting in the premiership. Soldado's just come over in his first season and aint doing too badly.

And where has the fascination come from with open play?! A few years ago we never used to chat about open play blah blah blah Just how many goals they scored. Now it's all the rage for it to be a judgment. Considering we've probably scored less than half our penalties in the 5 years previous, I'm pretty happy that he can put them away!!

Personally I'm really happy with Soldado, he links up play for the team very well, got a couple of assists and looks good. but our attacking play as a whole isn't exactly firing is it? We'll get better and he'll score more as a result. But 4 in 8 starts and 6 in 9 isn't bad.

I'm glad you're safe Dazzy.

Granted Giroud was no van Persie last season but 17 goals and 10 assists is hardly 'awful' and none were from the spot!

I'm sure you'd be happy if Soldado got anywhere near that.

What you on about Andrew Johnson got grief that season he netted 20-odd league goals with most of them being penalties.

And let's not go comparing to Giroud. He cost half of what Solpeno did and hasn't scored a single penalty for us.

That was a tough 3 points for United. Couldn't believe what I was seeing when Stoke scored their 2nd right after our equalizer. Didn't think we'd go on to win from there if I'm honest.

The subs that were made were the impact. Changed the game altogether.

I watched Real vs Barcelona after too, but I watched it via an American stream. Good grief that was hilarious... here are a few snippets of the commentary.

"MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC NEYMAR... This guy is MAGIC!"

"Pepe tracked him down like a cheetah tracks down a gazelle before the kill!"

and my personal favourite....

"Having Neymar on your team is like showing up to a knife fight with a gun, you know you're going to win!"

And finally.. Bristol City won their first game this season. PARTY TIME!

Usually there's a bit of chat about Arsenal doing well, guess last night put you in your place. Glad to see it ;)

Usually there's a bit of chat about Arsenal doing well, guess last night put you in your place. Glad to see it ;)

Not really. Most Arsenal fan have stated their concern over the lack of a decent squad, last night simply highlighted that. That said, wasn't much in the game. Terrible mistake from Jenkinson and a cracking strike from Mata. We simply don't have the strength in depth that you possess.

The one weak point I see in your side is the other CB alongside JT. Cahill isn't the greatest and David Luiz has to be one of the worst CB's in the club's history. Very talented footballer who is playing horribly out of position. He does virtually everything a CB shouldn't do. I'm loathe to agree with Hansen, but his views on Sideshow Bob are spot on.

Yup everyone agrees about Luis being a great CDM. Cahill has formed a decent partnership with Terry so it'll HD against mediocre teams lime the rest of premier league ;) but against the likes of Bayern and Barca we could do with better.

Did you watch the game? Apart from a horrible mistake and one strike that caught everyone off guard it was dull.

No excuses from us, weren't at it, didn't look interested and beaten on the night by the slightly better side.

Newcastle fans on my facebook are celebrating that they've just won the league..

Really looking forward to the game. I feel whoever wins will be considered serious contenders. HUGE match for both teams.

We are taking our time to gel, but we're still 3 points off the top and have kept 12 clean sheets out of our 15 games this season. Not bad. Once our attacking players get there and we start scoring more I think we're be very good. If we're still in with a shout come February I think we could do it :D

As for Man u. I still think they'll struggle to get a europa place this season. They obviously have two incredible attackers; but the rest of the squad they're really average.

I disagree, there's some class players in our squad. We're undergoing our own transition and it'll take time. The league cup performance in midweek was the best we've played in a long while. Quick attacking play and it was pretty easy on the eye.

1-0 thanks to Valencia. I'm liking the look of the team today, and the bench is pretty awesome. We've got the likes of Hernandez, Kagawa, Nani to come on, and Fellaini to tighten things up. We're getting better.

Bit disappointed that Man U aren't losing again, ruining all the fun.

I think Arsenal need to draw against Liverpool to keep things exciting.

Bit disappointed that Man U aren't losing again, ruining all the fun.

I think Arsenal need to draw against Liverpool to keep things exciting.

We're scoring goals, brah. I thought you would be loving this.

Chris Hughton and Martin Jol seem to be having a competition to see who can get sacked first. At the moment, I'd say Jol is winning.

Jol is definitely winning, awful start to the season and awful performance today. Man U Arsenal next week too, so think after next week the table will be on it's head. I'm off to Everton tomorrow, can't wait!!

Can't believe we lost the derby AGAIN. Usually i cautiously anticipate a draw with these things but just for once i thought we would win. I thought we were better for much of the match but they defended well and just seemed to want it more. Just to rub it in i captained remy over suarez in fantasy football =|

Also quite disappointed to see City lose to Chelsea. Don't want to see Chelsea win the title really, the media are far enough up Mou's arse as it is. Hope we can at least give them a game next week, a draw would be brilliant and i'd even take a spirited loss. Hopefully our defence will have recovered by that point, first 3 CBs all out today :(

2 FUCKING 0!!!!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Jol is definitely winning, awful start to the season and awful performance today. Man U Arsenal next week too, so think after next week the table will be on it's head. I'm off to Everton tomorrow, can't wait!!

I'm not sure anymore. That second half might just have saved Jol. Fulham are playing better, although the 3 subs we made at half-time didn't help us and we haven't got going in the second. It had to be done though, we got a bit unlucky with injuries. I'd say that Hughton has the better team/squad, so it seems that he's underachieving by quite a stretch.

It does sum up the mentality that we have at the moment. We go 3-0 up, sit back and then concede. City go 3-0 up, keep attacking and are winning 7-0. We need to be a bit more ruthless. First 30 minutes was brilliant and we need to play like that every game. Both halves.

Urgh. We were terrible in the second half, Newcastle deserved the win.

Who would have thought that Chelsea would have played better football under Benitez than under Mourinho? ;)

Newcastle deserved it. Their second half performance was hard worked but both teams played poorly today, Chelsea exceptionally so. Luis was weak in passing and defending.