NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Who would have thought that Chelsea would have played better football under Benitez than under Mourinho? ;)

Mourinho has always played shite football. Benitez had us playing some cracking stuff at times.

There's a gulf of quality between the two sets of midfielders today, and that's where Arsenal won the game. Great team performance. Arteta was my MOTM, he was exceptional today. Same can't be said for Liverpool though.

Gerrard doesn't pull his weight in midfield and hasn't for some time, he was a passenger and got totally bossed.

Arsenal were the better team, we had a few chances/openings but we didn't take advantage.

You have to look at the bigger picture as a Liverpool fan and see we are 3rd and still right in the mix.

Important not to get carried away, let's wait till we play a team above us.

Who is this imposter who has taken the place of Aaron Ramsey? He's unreal at the moment.

Arteta was the shit today. I was surprised at how lightweight Liverpool were in midfield in comparison. Cazorla, Arteta and Ramsey had a field day. Ran rings around them all game.

I'm now fully convinced having seen evidence on twitter that the gravitational pull of King Kolo's fat arse pulls Ramsey's shot into the net.

Edited by Ramar

I'm surprised Toure started that game ahead of Agger. Was Agger carrying an injury?

Big game between Everton and Spurs today. Would love it if Lukaku banged in a few goals. 2-1 to Everton for me. Lukaku and Osman to get the goals.

Watched Cardiff v Swansea today. First half was awful but im glad that Caerdydd won in the end. I have a soft spot for them seeing that I spent three years at uni down there.

I'm surprised Toure started that game ahead of Agger. Was Agger carrying an injury?

Big game between Everton and Spurs today. Would love it if Lukaku banged in a few goals. 2-1 to Everton for me. Lukaku and Osman to get the goals.

Toure has been fantastic this season. He's starting on merit. Agger just came back from injury, but he's been average this season tbh.

Toure has been fantastic this season. He's starting on merit. Agger just came back from injury, but he's been average this season tbh.

I had a feeling that Agger would be quicker than Toure, so it's a shame he didn't play. Either way, for a free signing, Toure has done well.

A bit disappointed with the Everton/Spurs game. Spurs fans, what do you make of AVB's formations? I'd be a bit pissed if we played 1 up top every game. He doesn't seem to have a plan B.

Is AVB bloody daft? Letting Lloris playing on after being knocked unconscious, ridiculous.

And Solpeno should have walked as well.

I had a feeling that Agger would be quicker than Toure, so it's a shame he didn't play. Either way, for a free signing, Toure has done well.

A bit disappointed with the Everton/Spurs game. Spurs fans, what do you make of AVB's formations? I'd be a bit pissed if we played 1 up top every game. He doesn't seem to have a plan B.

Thought we were looking likely to get one in the first half but the second half was a total damp squib.

Issues: Our 'inside forwards' aren't so hot at shooting. No natural players on the left (Aside from Chadli, who I'm unconvinced of. Attacking midfield still an problem-position (would like to see more Erikson). Star signing Lamela having trouble settling. General high pressure up the pitch isn't leaving much space to move in the final third. General lack of goalscorers - not sure why Sig's been relegated to the bench when he was knocking them in ala Ramsey earlier this season. And apparently we've only completed four through balls all season, which is totally pants if true. Holtby and Paul need to be hammering on the triangle button more often.

Lloris

Walker - Chiriches - Dawson - SuperJan

Sandro

Have been great from what I've seen this season though. Looking forward to Rose coming back too.

Is AVB bloody daft? Letting Lloris playing on after being knocked unconscious, ridiculous.

And Solpeno should have walked as well.

Well... the medical team gave the okay and he was clearly fine the rest of the match, made some great saves so...

Can't remember seeing this Soldado incident so I'm going to presume you're over-egging it.

Well... the medical team gave the okay and he was clearly fine the rest of the match, made some great saves so...

Can't remember seeing this Soldado incident so I'm going to presume you're over-egging it.

Convenient those reports came out today after AVB said he'd gone against the medical staffs advice which created the debate.

Elbowing an opponent = straight red. Got away with it.

Soldado should have been off, clearly deliberate. Bit of a shame that game where 2nd place was up for grabs and it was utterly shit.

Interesting to note Spurs are 2nd in time of possession this season yet so pitiful in front of goal.

I'm really happy, it's not the one up top that's the problem for me. We're dominating pretty much every game in terms of possession, we've kept 7 clean sheets out of the 10 league games and it's our best start to a league; all this with 7 new players to bed in and losing our best player last season who the whole time was focussed around; adding to this we are in the QF of the cup and as good as through in Europe, doing well on all fronts; anyone not happy is a freaking idiot (there are many spurs fans not).

That's not to say we don't need to improve, 9 goals in 10 games is awful, but I agree with becoming solid as we bed the players in. For me the main problem is the 3 players behind the striker - best keeper in the league, an extremely good defence (even without a left back) and a great middle pairing whoever plays. I like Soldado a lot. But the service from the 3 behind isn't right at all. I love Holtby, but the time when we looked really good was when Eriksen started, why he's swapped him I have no idea, and I don't know any spurs fan who who does. The wingers are the biggest problem, playing with two inverted wingers just isn't working at all, they both cut in which makes our whole play really narrow; teams just sit back and clog up the middle of the park; personally, swapping townsend and lennon to their proper wings would sort this completely; but I know he likes it, and this was the reason Bale scored so many goals last season; but I think we need one natural winger and one inverted winger; problem with that is Townsend has made the right wing slot his and we don't have a another left winger - chadli is right footed, lennon is right footed, sigh is right footed. Lamela is left but he's not a winger as such and clearly isn't ready yet. So it's causing major problems. I'd just put Townsend on the left but that ain't going to happen.

I have no problems though, I'm extremely confident we'll start to click soon, and if we can keep the defensive solidity and then start scoring then I think we'll be extremely good; the fact we're equal 2nd and still have so much room to improve is very encouraging to me.

Just noticed Dan's message, similar thoughts about wingers and eriksen.

And as for the elbow, so much desperation from the goners.

And people saying it was a damp squib, 2nd half it was a bit (all went wrong with Sandro went off) but we dominated the first half with ease, not may other teams will at all. In fact everton have 28 points out of the 30 before yesterday at home. That's a good result from us!

I'm really happy, it's not the one up top that's the problem for me. We're dominating pretty much every game in terms of possession, we've kept 7 clean sheets out of the 10 league games and it's our best start to a league; all this with 7 new players to bed in and losing our best player last season who the whole time was focussed around; adding to this we are in the QF of the cup and as good as through in Europe, doing well on all fronts; anyone not happy is a freaking idiot (there are many spurs fans not).

That's not to say we don't need to improve, 9 goals in 10 games is awful, but I agree with becoming solid as we bed the players in. For me the main problem is the 3 players behind the striker - best keeper in the league, an extremely good defence (even without a left back) and a great middle pairing whoever plays. I like Soldado a lot. But the service from the 3 behind isn't right at all. I love Holtby, but the time when we looked really good was when Eriksen started, why he's swapped him I have no idea, and I don't know any spurs fan who who does. The wingers are the biggest problem, playing with two inverted wingers just isn't working at all, they both cut in which makes our whole play really narrow; teams just sit back and clog up the middle of the park; personally, swapping townsend and lennon to their proper wings would sort this completely; but I know he likes it, and this was the reason Bale scored so many goals last season; but I think we need one natural winger and one inverted winger; problem with that is Townsend has made the right wing slot his and we don't have a another left winger - chadli is right footed, lennon is right footed, sigh is right footed. Lamela is left but he's not a winger as such and clearly isn't ready yet. So it's causing major problems. I'd just put Townsend on the left but that ain't going to happen.

I have no problems though, I'm extremely confident we'll start to click soon, and if we can keep the defensive solidity and then start scoring then I think we'll be extremely good; the fact we're equal 2nd and still have so much room to improve is very encouraging to me.

Just noticed Dan's message, similar thoughts about wingers and eriksen.

And as for the elbow, so much desperation from the goners.

And people saying it was a damp squib, 2nd half it was a bit (all went wrong with Sandro went off) but we dominated the first half with ease, not may other teams will at all. In fact everton have 28 points out of the 30 before yesterday at home. That's a good result from us!

So without your blinkers on you don't think that that was a sending off? What exactly is he doing then? he's certainly not using his elbow for leverage.

Unfortunately I had the displeasure of watching the whole game yesterday. Indeed you did dominate the first half in possession but again Howard had nothing to do but itch his beard. Your defence and deep lying midfielders are great at ball retention but your forward players don't seem to know what to do, apart from Townsend who is happy to shoot on sight.

Most Spurs fan seem to have a problem differentiating between possession and domination. For me it's hard to say you're dominating games when you aren't producing any scoring chances. Quality of possession isn't something that is recorded but it usually shows through in how many clear cut chances are being produced. possession in the middle of the field isn't the be all and end all.

Keeping it tight at the back is always a good thing but you'll struggle against the better teams if you can't score.

So without your blinkers on you don't think that that was a sending off? What exactly is he doing then? he's certainly not using his elbow for leverage.

Unfortunately I had the displeasure of watching the whole game yesterday. Indeed you did dominate the first half in possession but again Howard had nothing to do but itch his beard. Your defence and deep lying midfielders are great at ball retention but your forward players don't seem to know what to do, apart from Townsend who is happy to shoot on sight.

Most Spurs fan seem to have a problem differentiating between possession and domination. For me it's hard to say you're dominating games when you aren't producing any scoring chances. Quality of possession isn't something that is recorded but it usually shows through in how many clear cut chances are being produced. possession in the middle of the field isn't the be all and end all.

Keeping it tight at the back is always a good thing but you'll struggle against the better teams if you can't score.

I'm not saying it isn't a problem, but what I'm saying is we have a HUGE PROBLEM, but are still equal second; imagine if we could actually score. The thing is, we have some fantastic attacking talent, so I feel confident that in time, we'll start to click and these goals will come.

We didn't have too many chances yesterday I realise that, but Townsend didn't make one cross, he cuts inside EVERY TIME and either shoots and misses, or cuts it back for Walker; he needs to get to the line and whip it in occasionally, just needs to vary it up, but again, easy to fix. The left hand side is a problem though. Soldado was making run after run after run and no one was seeing it, playing it too safe, sideways sideways, forwards, backwards. When Eriksen came on he actually started threading passes through and we looked a little livelier I thought.

As for the elbow, I don't see it at all. That would be an absolutely ridiculous sending off; when you jump up your arms swing back, with the defender pulling on the other arm he probably swung more with the other to get the leverage.

And I think Everton ARE one of the better teams, let's see how you, city, united and liverpool do away at everton. Chelsea have already lost.

Blinkers on again Dazzy it's a clear elbow.

Really? He come this is. The first I've heard anyone mention it? What do more objective people think on here? I genuinely don't think that's close to being as sending off.

The first I've heard anyone mention it?

Mentioned on MotD2 that's where I saw it. And it's being talked enough online to be put on youtube. But I guess no one is mentioning it..