NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

I read it all and your "MASSES" of hype line. I wouldn't quite go with that but we can all agree it looks miles better.

Nintendo Minute -- Super Mario 3D World New Levels and Power-up!

After watching that my interest dropped again. Nothing inspiring about those 2 levels, they were linear, non challenging and empty. I hope there are few as bad as those and they are more of the open world variety.

All the levels will be linear. That's how this series works and has worked since Mario Galaxy

I don't remember Galaxy being as linear as this. Obviously it not as open ended as Super Mario 64. I've Galaxy 2 that I've never played. I might just play a few levels to compare it's linearity to this and get back to you.

I remember Galaxy as while say you had the end goal. You'd go A-D-G. In between you could choose either B or C and either E or F. I don't know if that makes sense and it's years since I played the game so I could be remembering it wrong.

Edited by Wii

In fairness Nintendo does have a tendency of only showcasing early levels/areas of games anyway, which aren't typically challenging.

I don't remember Galaxy being as linear as this. Obviously it not as open ended as Super Mario 64. I've Galaxy 2 that I've never played. I might just play a few levels to compare it's linearity to this and get back to you.

I remember Galaxy as while say you had the end goal. You'd go A-D-G. In between you could choose either B or C and either E or F. I don't know if that makes sense and it's years since I played the game so I could be remembering it wrong.

Galaxy was incredibly linear. Galaxy was exactly like this but with wacky physics and repeating the level three times.

Galaxy had branching paths in every level, this one won't. (not saying that's a bad thing)

In fairness Nintendo does have a tendency of only showcasing early levels/areas of games anyway, which aren't typically challenging.

I remember Giant Bomb talking about that with Super Mario 3D Land, saying that Nintendo wouldnt let them show any of the stuff that actually made it a pretty great game

Galaxy had branching paths in every level, this one won't. (not saying that's a bad thing)

Why wouldn't it? Super Mario 3D Land did...

Why wouldn't it? Super Mario 3D Land did...

Every level of Mario Galaxy had multiple branching paths, compared to maybe one secret exit per world in 3D Land?

Every level of Mario Galaxy had multiple branching paths, compared to maybe one secret exit per world in 3D Land?
... there were secret exits in 3D Land?... that did what?

Galaxy was incredibly linear. Galaxy was exactly like this but with wacky physics and repeating the level three times.

I've been playing Galaxy 2 this evening and you don't repeat the level 3 times. You might get sent back to the start of the level but it's usually heavily remixed and then you get shot off on a completely different path and new part of the level. You can also unlock other galaxies from within that level. I'm sure it'll be good but I have my doubts it'll be truly great. Those levels I posted earlier of 3D World on top of everything else were really short.

I remember Giant Bomb talking about that with Super Mario 3D Land, saying that Nintendo wouldnt let them show any of the stuff that actually made it a pretty great game

They are a funny old company at times.

Man, I always love the insane amount of bump mapping Bowser has on him. It looks cool.

Screw Bowser... :nono:

My lord that games looks utterly incredible. I urge everyone who is STILL doubting it to watch it, and if you're still not loving it, you have no soul!

I don't see why they can't have Galaxy levels. If they can copy/paste 3D Land levels then Galaxy would be easier. ;) I jest :grin: But honestly it would be great.

The stamp collectable in each level and the way you use them on Miiverse is such a clever idea, I hope they implement this in more games. It'd be Nintendo's way of doing achievements.

Stamp+Book+Super+Mario+3D+World+NIntendo+Blast+Wii+U.png

They're not much of an achievement. I've seen a few so far and they were all in plain sight. For it to be an achievement I'd expect you to earn them by say reaching an impossibly high area or some platforming perfection. I hope the other stamps are more difficult to obtain, I'd like there to be some challenge.

I don't quite get how they work, you literally use them to stamp all over your miiverses?! But only within mario obviously. What's the normal image and then the stamps, don't understand their connection