NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

After reading those 25 facts, I challenge any Mario fan to not get at least a little bit excited about this.

Camera is only "stuck" and isometric when you're playing multiplayer. You have complete control with it with the second analogue stick and the gyroscope in the controller

iPzVLDQEGaeoe.gif

Yeah, but look at that footage!

It seems that the camera wants to go to the top-down view by default. And your statement still doesen't affect the fact that the terrain is flat. Hence, while graphics are 3D, gameplay seems to be no more 3D than let's say A Link to the Past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not swearing this game off, in fact I do want to buy it. I'm just saying that in gameplay and immersion terms, this seems a (or maybe ten) step back.

It seems that the camera wants to go to the top-down view by default. And your statement still doesen't affect the fact that the terrain is flat. Hence, while graphics are 3D, gameplay seems to be no more 3D than let's say A Link to the Past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not swearing this game off, in fact I do want to buy it. I'm just saying that in gameplay and immersion terms, this seems a (or maybe ten) step back.

What the hell are you on about the terrain is flat; in every level shown there are hills and high bots and low bits. Even in the gif you posted you can see higher bits... do you mean they're no spherical like galaxy? If so you can say that about pretty much every game.... I'm confused!

Yes I too have no idea where this 'the terrain is flat' comes from, very strange!

It seems that the camera wants to go to the top-down view by default.

That's because the person controlling it tilted the right analog stick upwards, instead of just side to side.

I can't wait for this now, and it looks better than any of the other 'safe' garbage Nintendo plan to release later this year (like Donkey Kong, good grief).

The only thing that bugs me is some of those water creatures. They look a bit too Mii-esque for me.

What the hell are you on about the terrain is flat; in every level shown there are hills and high bots and low bits. Even in the gif you posted you can see higher bits... do you mean they're no spherical like galaxy? If so you can say that about pretty much every game.... I'm confused!

There were "high bits and low bits" in A Link to the Past. Just let this video illustrate the problem:

Bridges you can run over AND under, stairs, soft (well, as soft as the N64 can render, it's less powerfull than the Wii U, you know) hills and ridges.

There were "high bits and low bits" in A Link to the Past. Just let this video illustrate the problem:

Bridges you can run over AND under, stairs, soft (well, as soft as the N64 can render, it's less powerfull than the Wii U, you know) hills and ridges.

I just don't get your point the world levels seems equally as 3D (as you call it) and we've only seen half a dozen, there'll be about 80 in total!!

I can see what he means if I'm honest. 64 and Sunshine were more like actual worlds whereas the Galaxy games and 3D Land are more like obstacle courses.

I like both, but I would have preferred a 64 type game to be honest. And after seeing Throwback Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I would buy a HD remake of 64... despite having owned it on N64, Wii Virtual Console and DS :P

I guess it's just because no Mario game has ever come close to recapturing the magic of 64, before or after!

Oh look, we've seen more than 5 levels and it has more ideas and imagination than anything other than galaxy games... surprise surprise! Cue everyone who slagged it back tracking!!

Ironically, this new trailer sells me on this game more than playing the demo did. I may in fact end up picking this game up, especially since DKC is now delayed.

EAD Tokyo proves once again that you should count them out at your own peril.

Oh look, we've seen more than 5 levels and it has more ideas and imagination than anything other than galaxy games... surprise surprise! Cue everyone who slagged it back tracking!!

Even has large open areas for people to "explore"

Even has large open areas for people to "explore"

But does it have different levels or is it 2D.....!?!??!

Game looks utterly immense and as Mario usually does, typify wha I love about games - pure creativity and imagination. The goomba disguise, the cloning, the pirhana plant, the cat (that bit were it was sneaking up on a bird!!) no other game does this with such volume and frequency. I think it's because the mario games are actually surrealist in design; there's ice? Suddenly has ice skates, all the different costumes and such. Genius!

I am disappointed by its delay of a week from the initial November 22nd, but with Zelda, Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dog coming that day, it's going to be busy anyway. Not to mention Xbox One. It's just a shame it will be overshadowed by PS4's launch.

So psyched for it.

But does it have different levels or is it 2D.....!?!??!

Game looks utterly immense and as Mario usually does, typify wha I love about games - pure creativity and imagination. The goomba disguise, the cloning, the pirhana plant, the cat (that bit were it was sneaking up on a bird!!) no other game does this with such volume and frequency. I think it's because the mario games are actually surrealist in design; there's ice? Suddenly has ice skates, all the different costumes and such. Genius!

The thing I love about Nintendo is that while some games would take these mechanics and have them as a game...Mario does them for a few levels and that's that. Understated and awesome.

Mario looks amazing. Damn it looks incredible!!

Like it or not when it comes to creativity level after level this guys cannot be beaten.

Stunning, absolutely stunning. Lots of humble pie to be served for people who were slating this game.

The world map looked really great as well, as do the silhouette levels. The visuals on the whole are beautiful and it looks an absolute joy to play.

Music on the trailer is great as well, will be listening to that a lot until the game is out.