NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

I'm still wondering what the story is, since we have Peach as playable.

Please don't be Bowser kidnapping Daisy...

I think that would be amazing!! Lets get Daisy involved!

Although that's a good point Serebii - I wonder what the 'story' will be. I say story, it's normally a minute and a half cut scene of Bowser stealing someone and an item being scattered across the lands! :laughing:

I really should know this, been playing Mario games since I was five; but I'll ask anyway. How is Mario and Wario related? Where did Wario come from?

Could Wario be the villain? Maybe he took Bowser, his people, and all the flowers of Hyrule Kingdom? Mario and friends must then 'reflower' the land...

Oh yeah! I thought I was losing it haha! I knew I'd commented on something at work today that made me chuckle. Well that's just ridiculous quite frankly. I'll re-iterate my comment as it clearly still stands! Chill pills required...!

I believe my joke was good, and not inappropriate at all. And with the open and pretty firm arguing going on on these boards, maybe that should be addressed first?

Edited by are1981

I really should know this, been playing Mario games since I was five; but I'll ask anyway. How is Mario and Wario related? Where did Wario come from?

Could Wario be the villain? Maybe he took Bowser, his people, and all the flowers of Hyrule Kingdom? Mario and friends must then 'reflower' the land...

I believe my joke was good, and not inappropriate at all. And with the bullying going on on these boards, maybe that should be addressed first?

Wario was the villain in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins where Wario had taken over Mario's castle and hidden the coins used to enter it while Mario was off saving Daisy in Sarasaland. He's essentially Mario's rival. Various publications like Nintendo Power claimed they were cousins, but that has never been officially stated

Wario was the villain in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins where Wario had taken over Mario's castle and hidden the coins used to enter it while Mario was off saving Daisy in Sarasaland. He's essentially Mario's rival. Various publications like Nintendo Power claimed they were cousins, but that has never been officially stated

Thank you! I never played SML2:6GC! I actually never played any Mario games on GameBoy at all! Neither on GameBoy Advance. Not before New Super Mario Bros on DS did I ever play Mario on the go.

Is SML2:6GC good?

Thank you! I never played SML2:6GC! I actually never played any Mario games on GameBoy at all! Neither on GameBoy Advance. Not before New Super Mario Bros on DS did I ever play Mario on the go.

Is SML2:6GC good?

Yeah I loved it. Worth a download on the 3DS if you have a few quid to spare

Could Wario be the villain?

noooooooo.jpg

Stop puting the wrong ideas in Nintendo's head!!!!

super_mario_bros_2_wart.jpg

You KNOW who will be the villain!!!:mad:

noooooooo.jpg

Stop puting the wrong ideas in Nintendo's head!!!!

super_mario_bros_2_wart.jpg

You KNOW who will be the villain!!!:mad:

Who? Tell me. I don't know. I assume it is Bowser. But why not something new?

PLEASE Nintendo make it Wart, something a bit different for a change. And it'd tie back to the whole Mario 2 thing SM3W has going on.

:eek:

Might it be.... that you never played Mario 2?

Do you recognize the villain in the lower picture?

It's King Wart!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wart_(character)

Is that really a drawing of that guy? I played SMB2 on my SNES, but that's over twenty years ago. I did not recognise him from that drawing.

Heh :heh: I love how much you love King Wart! :D

Yeah, I dig the baddies, always have. Back in the eighties I only wanted to play with Skeletor, Evil Horde, Cobra Commander, etc etc etc :D

I even prefer Dedede in Smash and Petey/King Boo in Double Dash because of that :bouncy:

Yeah, I dig the baddies, always have. Back in the eighties I only wanted to play with Skeletor, Evil Horde, Cobra Commander, etc etc etc :D

I even prefer Dedede in Smash and Petey/King Boo in Double Dash because of that :bouncy:

:grin: Brilliant! I LOVED Skeletor as a kid. And He-Man and She-Ra ha. Skeletors laugh / cackle was amazing. Big shout out to Shadow Weaver too!:laughing:

Everyone has their 'thang'. You digging the baddies is cool!

You never know - maybe Bowser is a playable 5th character and it is King Wart that you have to bring to justice in this game!!

Im now looking forward to this game. It does look good and fun to play. Also I agree what has been said before...there has never been a bad mario platformer game.

Its just a shame that its not online. That would be the icing on the cake. Who am I going to play multiplayer with? Majority of my mates dont play nintendo.

Fantastic analysis video here, you can't watch this video and not get excited about this game, looks amazing fun with so many nice little touches:

Unfortunately as they mention in the clip, the Bowser logo at the end seems to point to him being the baddie :(

Edited by Retro_Link

I wasn't sure about sitting through 16 minutes of analysis but I enjoyed everything I saw. Super Mario 3D World is gonna be great :yay:

Game does look amazing, but my issues are still the same; it's still the more digital styled control which I don't like, there's a still a run button, it still doesn't feel THAT new and epic like Galaxy games did; it just feels like a sequel to 3D land... it'll be amazing, but home console 3D mario's should be more than that.

I wasn't sure about sitting through 16 minutes of analysis but I enjoyed everything I saw. Super Mario 3D World is gonna be great :yay:
Apart from the guy narrating :p

Apart from the guy narrating :p

Yeah, he lisps I think. Nothing against people who lisp of course (one of my best friends does), but as a narrator, it's a little distracting.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

:blank:

I quite liked that bit, and the narrator, I just wish he'd slow down a tad.

Game does look amazing, but my issues are still the same; it's still the more digital styled control which I don't like, there's a still a run button, it still doesn't feel THAT new and epic like Galaxy games did; it just feels like a sequel to 3D land... it'll be amazing, but home console 3D mario's should be more than that.

I strongly dislike using a Wii Remote horizontally! The game will support analogue control using four Wii U Pro Controllers, right? Right? Or at least Wii Remotes with Nunchucks...?

I bought four Wii U Pro Controllers when Amazon UK offered them for GBP 26! Less UK tax, I got four Wii U Pro Controllers for GBP 88 delivered! That's an unreal deal right there!

I strongly dislike using a Wii Remote horizontally! The game will support analogue control using four Wii U Pro Controllers, right? Right? Or at least Wii Remotes with Nunchucks...?

I bought four Wii U Pro Controllers when Amazon UK offered them for GBP 26! Less UK tax, I got four Wii U Pro Controllers for GBP 88 delivered! That's an unreal deal right there!

Even the general control is a little more digital, it's exactly the same as 3D Land, so it locks in 8 directions, with a little additional movement around that. Galaxy was so good because of the level of control... Nintendo may have just taken that away to make things a little simpler...

The game will support the Wii U Pro Controller, I have no idea about a nunchuk set-up though.