NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

After watching the videos for this on the e-shop I am actually really looking forward to it! Super Mario 3D Land was incredible so more of the same is fine with me. To be honest I got bored of Galaxy 2 and never completed it so certainly wouldn't want another Mario game like that!

But we all really just want another Sunshine game, right?

But we all really just want another Sunshine game, right?

Nope. Couldn't even finish the game. Something different entirely would suit me better. As long as it has nothing to do with water.

After watching the videos for this on the e-shop I am actually really looking forward to it! Super Mario 3D Land was incredible so more of the same is fine with me. To be honest I got bored of Galaxy 2 and never completed it so certainly wouldn't want another Mario game like that!

duffless6_thumb.png?w=512&h=384

These are classic Nintendo complaints. Nintendo pursue the same formula, everyone cries that they need to change things, try something new and freshen up the formula. Nintendo try something new, everyone cries that it isn't the classic formula they know and love!

I'm just happy that we're getting some games to play this side of Christmas... >.>

I'm just happy that we're getting some games to play this side of Christmas... >.>

How DARE you profess happiness on the Nintendo forums S.C.G! How dare you.

:awesome:

How DARE you profess happiness on the Nintendo forums
Tbf it's Nintendo's fault this is happening.

Tbf it's Nintendo's fault this is happening.

I disagree. They have a fantastic lineup this year and we're bitching that it's not enough :p

I disagree. They have a fantastic lineup this year and we're bitching that it's not enough :p
Really I meant everything they've done up until this point... only now are their games beginning to appear.

I agree though... things are slooooooowly beginning to look better.

Why won't Nintendo do the right thing and give me my Super Wario Bros. game?

Wario fights and thieves his way through levels, alongside Waluigi. Why not even make an RPG out of it, along the lines of Paper Mario, but different? Something new entirely. Part platformer (possibly), part RPG, ALL AWESOME.

Wario fights and thieves his way through levels, alongside Waluigi. Why not even make an RPG out of it, along the lines of Paper Mario, but different? Something new entirely. Part platformer (possibly), part RPG, ALL AWESOME.

Totally agree.

There's always something fresh about other mushroom kingdom characters being the star of games. Sometimes it makes for better results than the usual mario platformer. That's why I intend to play as peach for this game and pretend its super peach 3d world instead... I can dream!! Haha

Totally agree.

There's always something fresh about other mushroom kingdom characters being the star of games. Sometimes it makes for better results than the usual mario platformer. That's why I intend to play as peach for this game and pretend its super peach 3d world instead... I can dream!! Haha

Having it based on the Wario bros. would mean that Nintendo wouldn't feel any pressure about certain aspects of the game. They wouldn't HAVE to use the same enemies or locations, it could really go off on a tangent. It would give Nintendo a shit ton of creative freedom.

The downside: Wario is nowhere near as marketable as Mario. So, it probably wouldn't sell well. But, from a gamer's perspective, it could potentially be incredible.

It's the same way Wario Land is always such a breath of fresh air!... and the old Super Mario Land series before them.

Gone are the standard themes and in comes creative craziness in terms of level themes and design, bosses, power-ups, enemies etc... Anything goes!

It's the same way Wario Land is always such a breath of fresh air!... and the old Super Mario Land series before them.

Gone are the standard themes and in comes creative craziness in terms of level themes and design, bosses, power-ups, enemies etc... Anything goes!

Wario Shake Dimension was one of the best games on the Wii and for me was much better game than NSMB, both in gameplay and art style.

Wario Shake Dimension was one of the best games on the Wii and for me was much better game than NSMB, both in gameplay and art style.
Yeah shake Dimension was fantastic!!

As much as I'm bored of Mario I'd be ALL OVER a hand drawn Shake Dimension style Super Mario Land...

250px-Supermariolandboxart.jpg

DAT Difference!!... look at it!! Even Mario himself looks interesting again!

Edited by Retro_Link

God how much i'd love to see a Wario Bros game! i love the Wario Land series, its a shame its now a dead IP or so it seems :cry:

Well that demo could have gone smoother! :p ... I'm not even sure how Reggie got through those purple blocks!

Is Reggie what Donkey Kong would look like shaved?

Because it would sell horribly and they need to lift their platform with something - and as they've counted out both marketing the damn thing or cutting the price they're hoping their biggest franchises will push the thing out of the door.

Secondly, Super Paper Mario was part platformer part RPG, it was good!

Because it would sell horribly and they need to lift their platform with something - and as they've counted out both marketing the damn thing or cutting the price they're hoping their biggest franchises will push the thing out of the door.

Secondly, Super Paper Mario was part platformer part RPG, it was good!

I think, the one way around that would be a sort of Mario VS Wario Brothers RPG/Platformer game. Brothers versus brothers. Obviously the Mario Bros element would be emphasized most, but it'd introduce the casual to Wario Bros more. Maybe we could get a counterpart to Peach? Princess Garlic? LOL. Maybe evil Toad and such.

Maybe Waro, Waluigi and their Princess set up a Kingdom next to Peach's, which grows and grows by stealing the Mushroom Kingdom's wealth, and Mario becomes like a Robin Hood thief, Peach as Marianne etc, and they have to steal back their wealth (7 magical treasures that ensure Mushroom Kingdom's prosperity!), moving from each of the areas castles (Wario's sheriffs!) but with the Mario flare (so it's not just a ripoff).

I think, the one way around that would be a sort of Mario VS Wario Brothers RPG/Platformer game. Brothers versus brothers. Obviously the Mario Bros element would be emphasized most, but it'd introduce the casual to Wario Bros more. Maybe we could get a counterpart to Peach? Princess Garlic? LOL. Maybe evil Toad and such.

Maybe Waro, Waluigi and their Princess set up a Kingdom next to Peach's, which grows and grows by stealing the Mushroom Kingdom's wealth, and Mario becomes like a Robin Hood thief, Peach as Marianne etc, and they have to steal back their wealth (7 magical treasures that ensure Mushroom Kingdom's prosperity!), moving from each of the areas castles (Wario's sheriffs!) but with the Mario flare (so it's not just a ripoff).

I really, really like this idea! Get onto Nintendo!