NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

What's going on with Mario here? He seems super shiny, and the 'camera' seems to be shimmering too?

96017_Enemy_7_.jpg

What's going on with Mario here? He seems super shiny, and the 'camera' seems to be shimmering too?

96017_Enemy_7_.jpg

I know, it appears that it's raining and his clothes are wet. I don't know if they'll use that to affect gameplay, say slow him down. If he does a spin will it dry him off?

96017_Enemy_7_.jpg

I know, it appears that it's raining and his clothes are wet. I don't know if they'll use that to affect gameplay, say slow him down. If he does a spin will it dry him off?

96008_Cat_Mario_04.jpg

This is impressive. Look at how the room is reflected off his armour.

96017_Enemy_7_.jpg

He's underwater? Not sure why there's Drybones there.

Edit: Probably raining.

Weather... in Mario!!?!? Not sure, doesn't seem to be any obvious raindrops...

Mystery level, is a mystery!

Oh my god, this game looks amazing. I loved my 64 when I was younger but wondered if, one day, the graphics in a Mario game would ever be as good as it looks on the actual box of Mario 64.

I think it may have just happened. I can't believe it's a Wii U game, that first shot especially just looks flawless. Can't wait for this! This along with Mario Kart 8 has certainly raised my expectations of what graphics we can expect to see on Wii U.

Actually, i think Mario has just gotten out of the water (he's dripping rather than it raining) and the resulting splash has splashed water in a 3D way on the screen/camera. Very nice effect. Wondering if snow might occasionally "frost" the camera over, too?

EDIT: Hmm, having a closer look, around the platforms looks more like fog, and there really is no more droplets other than on Mario/screen, so where DID the water come from? Unless it HAD been raining, the rains over, and there's just rain left on Mario/screen. That might suggest the rain turns on/off throughout the level, offering some sort of hindrance.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Given it's an amusement park level maybe Mario (and the camera) got sprayed by a jet of water from an enemy/obstacle.

I think it's being over analysed :) It'll be something simple. but who cares, game looks glorious, really really can't wait for this. It was always one of those games I knew I'd love but wasn't creaming over. Well....the creaming has begun...

Another great clip from Gamexplain analysing the new screenshots and some extra things from the trailer:

I could have done without the potential spoiler in the last 20 seconds or so though with regards to stamps.

So very tempted to watch that vid, but I'm going to try and avoid everything about this game now until launch. Already know it's going to be awesome (knew from the first reveal at E3 ;)) and I want as many surprises as possible when I start playing. :smile:

That's the plan anyway. I imagine Nintendo will do a Direct on this at some point though, and that'll be the end of that. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

So very tempted to watch that vid, but I'm going to try and avoid everything about this game now until launch. Already know it's going to be awesome (knew from the first reveal at E3 ;)) and I want as many surprises as possible when I start playing. :smile:

That's the plan anyway. I imagine Nintendo will do a Direct on this at some point though, and that'll be the end of that. :heh:

I couldn't resist :p it's awesome, can't wait to play it with my brothers co-op fun madness. Good times :D

So it seems that people are getting their review copies of this and Zelda ALBW today... (Not sure if that's the case in both EU and US, but I know that at least one region is getting them today!)

Actually seeing people criticise this game due to file size

Not this again. Who cares? :rolleyes: