NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I still think the Blooper was useless in the handheld games. When did you ever get that item and think "Oh neat, this will give the people ahead of me a hard time"? At least in Wii, there was a chance that a ink splodge would cover up an obstacle/item, causing someone to hit it.

Well that's why it comes up so often :p All the best items never come up when you actually need them ;)

Well that's why it comes up so often :p All the best items never come up when you actually need them ;)

Well, there's "best" and then there's "absolutely useless"

At least a banana still has a use even in second-to-last place. (Yes, I know the chances of getting that are extremely low, possibly even impossible, but work with me here)

I just found out that we'll get the free game deal here in Sweden as well. Although, we won't get the free game until late July.

Not sure if I should get Pikmin or Wonderful 101. What do you guys think? Worth mentioning is that I've never owned a Pikmin game before.

And of course, I hope you'll be able to unlock the pipe frame quite early.

Edited by Hogge

I just found out that we'll get the free game deal here in Sweden as well. Although, we won't get the free game until late July.

Not sure if I should get Pikmin or Wonderful 101. What do you guys think? Worth mentioning is that I've never owned a Pikmin game before.

Pikmin 3, easily.

Probably gonna get NSMBU or Pikmin 3, not sure which one though...

They're literally indistinguishable from each other. As half-way bosses they're fine, as roster fodder they're a pain.

Completely agree. They are the most generic of Mario characters, as are the formulaic 3-hit battles you engage them in. There is literally nothing likeable or good to say about them.

No one has anything to worry about because when you're in that race, all the design issues the game has - everything screamingly illogical about the Wii U, too - it all melts away. MK8 is brilliant.

You know why they removed the map? So you can't see the AI rubberbanding up your ass.

Pre-order, right? Right???

Yeah. They'll send you the download code immediately but eShop is far too clever and advises that the game is not being distributed.

No one has anything to worry about because when you're in that race, all the design issues the game has - everything screamingly illogical about the Wii U, too - it all melts away. MK8 is brilliant.

I hope you're right, otherwise I'm comin' fo' yoo.

*Kryptonite arrows at the ready*

For those that will be taking part in the league here is a behind the scenes look of how everything comes together.

leaguetable_zps687dca91.jpg

courses_zpse42a5ab8.jpg

retrocourses_zps25d8c6d8.jpg

playerschoicetemp_zps596b32c3.jpg

characters_zpscb10f600.jpg

themegp_zps386a6f84.jpg

results_zpsa0e2a140.jpg

POTM_zps5a0d6a3d.jpg

You know why they removed the map? So you can't see the AI rubberbanding up your ass.

I fucking loved testing that at Wuhu Mountain Loop on MK7. I performed the glitch perfectly to skip most of the track and watched the computer controlled players ramp the speed up to insane levels.

Just tried the game out a couple days ago. Goddamnit. Can't wait to get hands on my own copy of the game. So beautiful, inside drift is (kinda) back, anti gravity feels "natural".

I fucking loved testing that at Wuhu Mountain Loop on MK7. I performed the glitch perfectly to skip most of the track and watched the computer controlled players ramp the speed up to insane levels.

Same thing happens if you take the super shortcut in Wario Stadium in MK64... Somehow they're magically able to catch up to you even when you're half a lap ahead :laughing:

Digital downloads are up at GAME.

Nice, it's cheaper at GAME as well even with the eShop discount if you bought SMK. Plus I used some reward card points. ;)

I still think the Blooper was useless in the handheld games. When did you ever get that item and think "Oh neat, this will give the people ahead of me a hard time"? At least in Wii, there was a chance that a ink splodge would cover up an obstacle/item, causing someone to hit it.

i think the blooper should completely cover the screen for a couple of seconds, forcing the player to either hit the brakes or risk falling off the side and lose more time. In MKWii it was just pointless, only mildly annoying if you go hit with it and utterly useless as a weapon.

MEGATON!... For me at least :heh:

I just noticed the Donut Plains 3 track adds the whistle instrument when you are in first.

Awesome. :yay::yay::yay:

I was disappointed with the music on Donut Plains because the samba whistle was missing, but that changes everything.

Getting so fed up of waiting for this game though... :zzz::mad:

Mario Kart 8 - All NEW Japanese TV Commercials

Anybody notice the problem with the 7 lads playing the game in the latter commercials?

Mario Kart 8 - All NEW Japanese TV Commercials

Anybody notice the problem with the 7 lads playing the game in the latter commercials?

No? What is it?

Getting so fed up of waiting for this game though... :zzz::mad:

2 more weeks!

Exactly. :(
It's actually starting to kill the buzz a bit now. :angry: Really hope Nintendo don't pull this shit again, not that I'd ever anticipate another Wii U game as much as MK8 anyway... :hmm:

I mean if there was ever a time when they needed to stick to their "quick announcement/launch" thingy it was now. The Wii U hasn't seen a decent retail game in months, and they seem to think this is a good idea:

CuECUjW.jpg

:indeed: