NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

True actually. Think I just played Battle Mode a heck of a lot less on those versions. :blank:

Anyway, still not fussed about Battle Mode in MK8. It's all about GP, TT, and the N-E League. :awesome:

This guy! Multiplayer Grand Prix making a return is the thing I'm looking forward to!

I'm a bit miffed about Battle Mode myself. I'll be playing this game almost entirely as a local multiplayer game, which is where that shines. It's not so much the decision that they've made but how poorly it seems to work and the fact they included it at all.

From what I've read, you can just wind up driving around looking for each other until time runs out. That kind of thing shouldn't even have made the cut. I'd almost rather they hadn't bothered to include it.

It's really only a minor gripe though, I'm otherwise very psyched for this one. Shoptoer's could be opening their copy a week today!

Battle mode hasn't been decent since SMK/MK64. ;)

EXACTLY right : peace: I've been saying the same thing for years so I never really touch Battle Mode any more :hmm:

When you think about how simple and amazing the SNES and N64 versions were, you have to wonder how they keep getting it so wrong! They should have Block Fort in Mario Kart 8 with the lower section submerged in water and ramps up at the top to glide off. Imagine flying from a ramp and diving straight down, crashing through the water to surprise your opponent with a red shell to the face :yay:

EXACTLY right : peace: I've been saying the same thing for years so I never really touch Battle Mode any more :hmm:

When you think about how simple and amazing the SNES and N64 versions were, you have to wonder how they keep getting it so wrong! They should have Block Fort in Mario Kart 8 with the lower section submerged in water and ramps up at the top to glide off. Imagine flying from a ramp and diving straight down, crashing through the water to surprise your opponent with a red shell to the face :yay:

Unfortunately, Block Fort was already used in the DS game, so I doubt we'll see it any time soon.

And Mario Kart DS's battle mode was awesome! Definitely my favourite battle mode of the series.

8 Player Battles with no time limit and no respawning is where it's at!

2 player SNES battle mode (with the feather) is where it's at!

This. Absolutely this! I'd play MK8 at least tens times as much as I'll end up playing it if it had a decent Battle Mode. I hardly touched MKDD and MKWii in comparison to MK and MK64 simply because I'd always be on the Battle Mode!

I'll be playing this game almost entirely as a local multiplayer game, which is where that shines.

Probably the best time to unleash this then. I hope everyone who gets MK8 on here is going to take part in a league night at least once. Just to give it a go.

rYvKNdG.jpg

Just how many "reviewers" actually have copies of the game. It seems like everyone and his dog has a copy. :D
I decided to try and find the answer to this. :geek::heh:

Downloaded all of the Mii icons that have posted in the MK8 community, deleted the duplicates (different facial expressions) and the result was this:

gIYc4dR.jpg

323 images!

So that's at least 323 bastards people that are currently playing MK8. :o

The online mode must be buzzing by now.

Probably the best time to unleash this then. I hope everyone who gets MK8 on here is going to take part in a league night at least once. Just to give it a go.

Specifically I meant it's the best way to play battle mode, not the whole game :)

The league seems a bit daunting :p

Ooh, I'm in the top row! And yes, online is getting quite busy now - I can usually find a race when I want one, even if it's just against one or two other people.

Hype time.

Shopto have just sent me an email saying that they will start the processing of orders this Friday in preparation for dispatch before the launch day.:yay:

I'm more surprised that there's a high enough amount of orders for them to do this

I just made myself sad

I'm more surprised that there's a high enough amount of orders for them to do this

Pre-orders seem to be very strong for this.

The problem will be all the parents contacting the stores and asking why it won't work on their kids' Wii.

Mario Kart is one of them games that everyone loves to play.

My Pro controller arrived last night in preparation. Bring on next weekend!!!

Pre-orders seem to be very strong for this.

The problem will be all the parents contacting the stores and asking why it won't work on their kids' Wii.

Confused between Wii and Wii U. Not confused between Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

People be dumb.

Confused between Wii and Wii U. Not confused between Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

People be dumb.

I think Nintendo are the ones at fault there personally.

Nintendo themselves admitted to them having been at fault.

Not entirely.

Look at E3 2011. Ahead of time, Nintendo promised to show their brand new system. In the presentation itself, Reggie and Iwata said new system numerous times and yet places said it was a peripheral.

Partially the media's fault for being dumb and ridiculous.

Not entirely.

Look at E3 2011. Ahead of time, Nintendo promised to show their brand new system. In the presentation itself, Reggie and Iwata said new system numerous times and yet places said it was a peripheral.

Partially the media's fault for being dumb and ridiculous.

They barely showed the console. They focused solely on the controller whilst showing off HD Wii games, what do you expect? On top of that, 'U' is the worst way to show it's a new console.

Put away the Nintendo defence hat. Please

They barely showed the console. They focused solely on the controller whilst showing off HD Wii games, what do you expect? On top of that, 'U' is the worst way to show it's a new console.

Put away the Nintendo defence hat. Please

I'm not saying they didn't mess up, but they did say new system countless times. They informed ahead of time. The press release right after said new system. It's at least partially the media's fault for being dumb as hell

Hype time.

Shopto have just sent me an email saying that they will start the processing of orders this Friday in preparation for dispatch before the launch day.:yay:

Same here. :)

Now to pray that the additional weight of a T-Shirt doesn't mean it'll take longer for royal mail to deliver it... :indeed:

...I'm not confident. :shakehead

Well, it's currently second on their all format pre-order chart:

1. Watch Dogs PS4 Excl…
  2. Mario Kart 8 Inc Fr…
  3. Far Cry 4 Limited E…
  4. Watch Dogs
  5. Far Cry 4 Limited E…
  6. The Last of Us Rema…
  7. Murdered Soul Suspe…
  8. Halo 5: Guardians
  9. EA Sports UFC Inc B…
  10. PS4 Console Inc Wat…

Specifically I meant it's the best way to play battle mode, not the whole game :)

Ah sorry, misunderstood your post.

1 week to go, can't stop listening to this

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The wait is killing me, I need it now!

After playing ( I say playing, more like getting owned on every race ) with the Mario Kart league crew my hype for the game has went down. The online just felt empty without the banter, which is what I can look forward to with this game. It's fine when it's random people but when it's people that I actually know it just feels wrong not being able to communicate with them.

After this experience I doubt I will be joining the league nights.

After this experience I doubt I will be joining the league nights.

Give it at least a go for a couple of weeks, voice chat in the lobby before and after might make a difference, you never know.