NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

When the ShopTo charge came through it said it'll be dispatched Wednesday, so we'll be playing this in 6 DAYS. HYPED.

Mario Kart reminds me of nothing as much as progressive taxation. It's reminiscent of a Bolshevik era system that not only enforces equality of opportunity, but also equality of outcome.

In other words; fuck blue shells and rubber banding.

Someone tell me that this is different from every game since MK64, please.

I can't give the answers you need but that signature of yours is amazing. :bowdown:

My mate is at the London MCM Expo right now and says that inside drifting bikes are rubbish now in MK8 compared to what they were like in MK Wii, and by rubbish I guess he means fair :D

I've got an email from Nintendo online store.. apparently payment has been taken....

Anyone order from nintnedo uk store , has your payment been take. ?

It would seem so.

It is very different from Singstar.

Oooooh I hate it when the website you have ordered the game from shows it as in stock and will be shipped within 24hours and you know full well that even though its in stock it wont be shipped any time soon.

Anyone order from nintnedo uk store , has your payment been take. ?

I haven't got any emails from Nintendo store yet and on the website it still says processing.

I've just checked my bank online, no payment has actually been taken, and on the online store itself I have a "awaiting despatch" message.

It also says dispatch (good to see they know how to spell the word some of the time) is due on the 30th of May.

So I can only assume that the initial email was somehow sent in error? meh.

If the game is dispatched on the 30th though, I doubt I will get it for the weekend : /

I've just checked my bank online, no payment has actually been taken, and on the online store itself I have a "awaiting despatch" message.

Don't card payments usually take a few days to appear on bank statements?

Don't card payments usually take a few days to appear on bank statements?

There is that, it would also explain them sending me that email, but the "awaiting despatch" message suggests to me that payment hasn't been taken yet - either way I won't have to wait long until I find out.

if f00had's order status is still set to "processing" then perhaps it is just down to the card payment lag, or perhaps equally they are dealing with each variant separately - I've just got the t-shirt and keyring coming with the game, so that could have something to do with it?

Digital Foundry vs Mario Kart 8

Seems there is some slight inconsistency in the frame-rate. Really looking forward to finally playing the game next week, see if I can notice this. But yeah, 59fps is still awesome considering the quality of the visuals. :awesome:

I just had a look at my card statement online and it says there's a pending transaction for £59.99, haven't used the card for anything else so it has to be for Mario Kart 8 so they've taken the payment but not yet sent me an email about it. I ain't too fussed anyway as long as I get the game on time

Well I ordered from Tesco... and the robbing bastards took my money months ago!!

Seems there is some slight inconsistency in the frame-rate. Really looking forward to finally playing the game next week, see if I can notice this. But yeah, 59fps is still awesome considering the quality of the visuals. :awesome:

Ooh that was pretty interesting. And to think it's only technically 59fps due to the duplicate frame every 64 seconds, I wonder what's causing that? I can notice the difference between 30 and 60 frames per second, I hope my eyes aren't good enough to detect the duplicate frame haha

That 60th frame is gonna be DLC. Calling it now.

That 60th frame is gonna be DLC. Calling it now.

Nintendo will nickel and dime this until every one who got the Wii U cheap pays back all the money they saved.

Oh you want BATORU MAPPUSU? That'll be tree fiddy.

Gamepad screen during multiplayer is independent? TREE FIDDY.

Voice chat during gameplay option for games with friends? BEST BELIEVE THAT'LL BE TREE FIDDY.

We'll stop duplicating that frame for you for a small charge of tree fiddy.

Nintendo can definitely take my tree fiddy for DLC cups containing more old courses though. Where's muh Baby Park?!

I will pay money for any older maps they want to release for Mario Kart 8. Rain down that DLC and take our money, Nintendo. You know you CRAVE IT.

[edit]

Maps? Tracks? Ehh.

Strange that it only happens when CPU players are active. Sounds like a weird bug to me, cause the framerate is supposedly flawless otherwise (as expected :awesome: )

Interesting to hear about how the splitscreen was done this time around. Nintendo Land did the same trick as well in certain games when played in 4-5 players and it felt good there, so here's hoping that it means that 3-4 players in this will feel less jarring to play than it did in MK Wii :)

Nintendo can definitely take my tree fiddy for DLC cups containing more old courses though. Where's muh Baby Park?!

In Mario Kart DS. (And the Wii one if you get that hack thing)

Mario Kart 8 - Gameplay Launch Ad (Wii U)

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Strange that it only happens when CPU players are active. Sounds like a weird bug to me, cause the framerate is supposedly flawless otherwise (as expected :awesome: )
Yeah, DF seem to think it could be sorted via patch so you never know.

I'm not really clued-up when it comes to exactly what can be sorted with patches, but get the impression frame-rate is something that can be fiddled with. I know for sure that the up-to-date version of Bayonetta on PS3 is no way near as bad as it apparently was at launch.

Mario Kart 8 - Gameplay Launch Ad (Wii U)

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

All gameplay approach for the UK ad please, Nintendo.

aPgY7FO.gif