NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Just realised I'm out most of the day and night on both Thursday and Friday, meaning I won't get on it properly until Saturday even if it is coming on Thursday :(

I don't want to wait any longer!

Forgot to update my expired card on Shopto and it was declined. Fixed now so hopefully payment will be collected tomorrow so it can be sent and delivered in time for release.

So apparently German stores are also selling it today.... Just sit and wait till friday...

So... Basically, we're getting it last aren't we?

Looking at my Tesco order and it's saying Saturday 31st as the delivery date - hopefully that's just the latest expected delivery :(

Wehkamp.nl is apparantly sending the game today if you order before 22:00 (€57 incl. shipping). And according to the Mycom.nl site the game will be delivered tomorrow if you order before 23:30 (€55 total).

So if you're in a gambling mood...:heh: (I'm still not sure if I crave it enough for the 5-7 euro extra)

Thanks, but I'll be trying to order it somewhere cheaper if I'll be able to find it and I want it to arrive on June 2nd or later.

So... Basically, we're getting it last aren't we?

Seems so, in France and Germany they're selling it since yesterday, and as @Tales is also playing, so does Norway I guess, lucky people ;)

Still nobody selling here in Holland, as far as I know.

I'm bad at this game they call patience, prefer to play MK ;)

Seems so, in France and Germany they're selling it since yesterday, and as @Tales is also playing, so does Norway I guess, lucky people ;)

Still nobody selling here in Holland, as far as I know.

I'm bad at this game they call patience, prefer to play MK ;)

Suppose it's just as well that I'm working constantly all week until Friday anyway, so it wouldn't matter if I got it early or not :p

I got my copy!

A month ago.

46248-Dr-cox-Scrubs-deal-with-it-gif-JkyG.gif

You must be envious of the excitement of the release and we all have it all to look toward too ;) like a fresh Christmas morning .

Happy stressed is it shipped yet day everyone

We don't have it yet in Denmark, although my pre-order was shipped yesterday. I just fear they are going to put it in the post office and then send out a slip so I can collect it on Friday (Ascension Day tomorrow means that the post office is closed...) I really hope to get it today!

We don't have it yet in Denmark, although my pre-order was shipped yesterday. I just fear they are going to put it in the post office and then send out a slip so I can collect it on Friday (Ascension Day tomorrow means that the post office is closed...) I really hope to get it today!

I never liked Ascension Day and now I do even less.

Yes, I went there, sold my soul to the Devil and now I'll burn in hell :(

Online gameplay. And finally an answer to my question, although not the one I wanted:

Ugh... You still have to sit through an ongoing race before you can play. :zzz:

Around 4 minutes from selecting your kart combo to the actual start of a race. icon13.gif

Not so much of an issue initially, when we'll be playing marathon online sessions. But this will definitely be annoying later on, when you just want to jump on for a quick race or two, and have to sit through that every single time you go online. :(

Online gameplay. And finally an answer to my question, although not the one I wanted:

Ugh... You still have to sit through an ongoing race before you can play. :zzz:

Around 4 minutes from selecting your kart combo to the actual start of a race. icon13.gif

Not so much of an issue initially, when we'll be playing marathon online sessions. But this will definitely be annoying later on, when you just want to jump on for a quick race or two, and have to sit through that every single time you go online. :(

To be fair, it depends on what point the race it puts you in is at.

To be fair, it depends on what point the race it puts you in is at.
Yeah, but in previous MK games that's nearly always been at the start, or early stages of a race. So I'm assuming it's going to be the same story with 8.

Yeah, but in previous MK games that's nearly always been at the start, or early stages of a race. So I'm assuming it's going to be the same story with 8.

I think you've just been unlucky mate. I've usually joined near the end of the race.

I think you've just been unlucky mate. I've usually joined near the end of the race.
Damn. :blank:

I have managed to join games before where the ongoing race has literally just ended (bloody rare occurrence though) which is awesome, but yeah, I just wish you could click on worldwide vs, choose your character/kart, wait a few seconds and then be on the start line ready to go. ::shrug:

ShopTo order just jumped over to processing. Let me have it.

774.gif

Same! How exciting!

I still haven't even given much thought into the free game... think I'm gonna go for W101. Although now I will have 2 copies of the game (and 2 club ninty accounts :heh: ) then I will prob have to choose another! Not a bad thing!

*checks pre-order*

Not shipped...

ezkjeYM.gif

Same here. I got word that they're shipping today, but if they ship after 5pm :(

Tesco have said to another customer that they'll receive their tracking number by "8pm on the 29th". Looks like it'll be delivered launch day for me! Not too fussed, I did get it all very cheap!