NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Awesome stuff. icon14.gif

I wanted to have a go at doing that myself, but gave up as it was bloody difficult. :hehe:

BTW, spoiler warning for those that were avoiding the latest trailer, it's playing throughout that vid. ;)

Edited by -Dem0-
Thanks for the spoiler warning, RedShell.

Hey guys, I cant seem to see it mentioned anywhere, but you do know if you pre-order Mario Kart 8 (retail or e-shop) and register it online with Club Nintendo you get a free Wii U game.

US: get to choose from 4 games: New Super Mario Brothers U, Pikmin 3, Zelda Wind Waker HD and Wii Party U

UK/EU: Get to choose from 10 games!

Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U version), Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World (Wii U version), Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and Wii Party U.

My source of information:

Official Nintendo Magazine's website

A cracking deal for some of the best games currently out.

That's battle mode? You play on the actual racing tracks now?

That battle mode looks terrible IMO. Two player battle mode, neither person will want to be in the lead and instead just hang back around the item blocks. I'm dreading it will be like MKWii and only make 2 player battle mode possible with 6 CPU characters. What an f-ing joke if that's the case. Just let me play against 1-3 mates in an arena environment. Simple.

Going by that trailer it looks like you can drive where you like? Seems fine if that's the case.

That battle mode looks terrible IMO. Two player battle mode, neither person will want to be in the lead and instead just hang back around the item blocks. I'm dreading it will be like MKWii and only make 2 player battle mode possible with 6 CPU characters. What an f-ing joke if that's the case. Just let me play against 1-3 mates in an arena environment. Simple.

There's 12 people in total.

However, having the whole track makes it pretty shit if the track is a long one. End up just driving in the hopes of meeting someone.

So you and a mate have to play battle mode with 10 CPU characters. What utter rubbish.

Where are you getting the idea it's 2 player?

There's 12 people in total.

However, having the whole track makes it pretty shit if the track is a long one. End up just driving in the hopes of meeting someone.

I think in Battle Mode the tracks are altered?... I'm guessing it makes them a bit more like an arena by closing off sections (I'd imagine they'll be no canons for starters) and maybe opening up new ways to access parts of the track, presumably making them a bit more of a shorter more compat loop, not just driving around the whole track... again guessing :p Edited by Retro_Link

Felt like it was the whole track but we only tried three. Will look into it again over the weekend, but definitely seemed like the whole thing.

Only eight to choose from as well (unless more get unlocked). Four new, four old.

So you and a mate have to play battle mode with 10 CPU characters. What utter rubbish.

Pretty sure you can turn off CPU. Again, will check next time I play.

Felt like it was the whole track but we only tried three. Will look into it again over the weekend, but definitely seemed like the whole thing.

Only eight to choose from as well (unless more get unlocked). Four new, four old.

Ah fair enough then, that does sound strange. I don't know what IGN meant by this then?...

Instead of arenas, the developers decided to take new and existing courses and re-engineer them for Battle Mode’s frantic style of play. I played a quick match on Moo Moo Meadows, and I consider this was a positive change.

"Re-engineered" could just mean "items are limited and players start at two different points and meet in the middle"

Got the day off to play this, so have myself 2x 3 day weekends.

Dunno what it is with Mario Kart - I look forward to them, play them for a few days, finish the 150cc cups (after a bit of swearing) do a bit of online (complete with more swearing) then they go back on the shelf, never to be touched again.

They don't hold my interest, despite the massive amount of content.

Still, Day 1 purchase :D

Dunno what it is with Mario Kart - I look forward to them, play them for a few days, finish the 150cc cups (after a bit of swearing) do a bit of online (complete with more swearing) then they go back on the shelf, never to be touched again.

They don't hold my interest, despite the massive amount of content.

Still, Day 1 purchase :D

Not interested in taking part in the league then?

Not interested in taking part in the league then?

Is it on Thursday nights? That's the night I play football on the weeks when I'm not working lates. Plus, I'd be by far the strongest player (holding up the rest of the league) :D