NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Customisation would be great. Imagine a race where the only item was just blue shells. Oh the hilarious carnage that would ensue.

I want Nintendo to go utterly apeshit With mario kart online and multiplayer. Blueshells IS mario kart, but it just needs to be less frequent and less powerful.

Highlights video is a great start, but LET US EDIT THEM PLEASE. They said the game auto creates a 30 second highlights video.. Boo. I want everything customisable for the tournaments create, ultimate flexibility. The game could due the cod of this generation.

That's the shyte that I'm talking 'bout, Dazman. This is the norm on the other consoles; edit clips and even spectating features....on any game. On Wii it's still all about "this game better support this!" or "that game better support that!", it would be cool if we could edit the clips but only a 30 second maximum. That's what I thought but your post suggests otherwise.

@Serebii you know mate! : peace::

If you are good then blue shells wouldn't be an issue. Miles in front from racing so superior? How can a single blue make you come far behind 1st if you were in 1st the entire time.and only got bombed at the end right at the line? :wink:

@lostmario are u sure that their weren't any/many funkykong+bowserbike racers in your league? I am fond of a good old challenge though. :geek: You ought to have more patrol mate.

Yeah if you dudes wanna talk about racing skill then bring on the snaking and see yourselves be overlapped. Snaking refined the skill in karting. You know this when not many can keep up. The are only a few geniuses, afterall. The rest are casual n00bz. :laughing:

Snaking you could dodge blues and reds like a peace of piss. Greens were what it was about for my.peeps. Acuracy with precise aiming mechanics. Now, greens are useless. Dunno what they've done.to em. Im sure there are mild missile features in greens? Noobnam style!

Edited by Beverage

I'm happy with the Blue Shell being in it.

It's a party racer, anyway, not Gran Turismo.

There was never any doubt really. They probably just took it out from the demos so that it didn't interrupt people's first experience of the game. I still think it's easier to recover on the home consoles though. Bigger tracks, more racers (Wii & Wii U) etc.

Customisation would be great. Imagine a race where the only item was just blue shells. Oh the hilarious carnage that would ensue.

Remind me to avoid races when you are partaking :awesome:

I think it would be a nice twist to let the player with the blue shell decide WICH competitor he wants to hit.

Adds a little bit to the Multiplayer screaming. Imagine: "WHY ME???!!!!!, just shoot that other guy!!!" :D

It also gives the player in front a chance to not always be the one to get hit by it.

What do you guys think?

Thrilled that the Blue Shell is back. Hoping it leads to many more grown-man-tears for years to come.

So I guess we can look forward to more moments like this then...
Or...

:awesome:

They should make the shrooms(the singles) appear as often as shells(or maybe a lil' less) when in first place.

A blue shell once made me snap a GC controller in half! Well, actually it was two blue shells, one after the other - but you get the idea.

The only thing I wouldn't want to see come back is the snaking which is basically a glitch that ruins the entire game.

At the moment I'm still pretty happy playing Transformed. I enjoyed it far more than MK7 but hey maybe I just prefer the big screen ::shrug:

This is very much a "woud like to try before buy" for me at the moment.

Mario Kart 8 - E3 Gameplay Analysis (Secrets & Hidden Details)

No wheelies for bikes will greatly improve the balance.

Or modes. Both on & offline.

Bike mode. Kart mode. Bike + kart mode (wii style). Kart + bike mode ( wii style where bikes can pop wheelies, but karts can snake and snaking is tweaked to be as quick or a liiittle slower than bikes in wheelie mode).

But yeah this is welcomed. But just a bit of a lazy option.

Wonder if there'll be any proper battle modes like balloons, coins, grab the star etc etc and random....

Or modes. Both on & offline.

Bike mode. Kart mode. Bike + kart mode (wii style). Kart + bike mode ( wii style where bikes can pop wheelies, but karts can snake and snaking is tweaked to be as quick or a liiittle slower than bikes in wheelie mode).

But yeah this is welcomed. But just a bit of a lazy option.

Wonder if there'll be any proper battle modes like balloons, coins, grab the star etc etc and random....

They will NEVER bring back snaking, it ruins the game. Everytime even the suggestion of snaking comes up on other forums it's met with anger. You're the only person in the world who likes it, but you are also the only person in the world who thought The Conduit was any good!

The main problem with bikes in Mario Kart Wii were the ones that had a different drifting style i.e. they just turned really tight instead of spinning around like a kart. The wheelies weren't as big of a problem since karts had a higher top speed and could push the bikes around but because of the drifting difference the bikes had a great advantage when it came to turns and karts simply couldn't keep up. Here's hoping they don't bring that tight drifting style back for MK8

As for snaking I'm not a fan of it, I could do it pretty well in MKDS but it's just too much effort lol, when I play Mario Kart I wanna be able to relax and only worry about avoiding items not keeping up with mini turbos.

They will NEVER bring back snaking, it ruins the game. Everytime even the suggestion of snaking comes up on other forums it's met with anger. You're the only person in the world who likes it, but you are also the only person in the world who thought The Conduit was any good!

This is confirmed in that Gamexplain video above, that mini-boosts are time based, like in MK7, and not waggled, like in MKDS. Thank Richard Dawkins (trying to remove all religious vernacular from my vocabulary), or whichever deity you choose to defer to. Snaking is the very seed that would grow to destroy this game.

I'd personally prefer the mini boosts to be waggle-based but oh well.

The main problem with bikes in Mario Kart Wii were the ones that had a different drifting style i.e. they just turned really tight instead of spinning around like a kart. The wheelies weren't as big of a problem since karts had a higher top speed and could push the bikes around but because of the drifting difference the bikes had a great advantage when it came to turns and karts simply couldn't keep up. Here's hoping they don't bring that tight drifting style back for MK8

As for snaking I'm not a fan of it, I could do it pretty well in MKDS but it's just too much effort lol, when I play Mario Kart I wanna be able to relax and only worry about avoiding items not keeping up with mini turbos.

Mind you, there were also a handful of karts that were able to drift really tight, especially some of the smaller ones.

@Fused King says Hi.

Always two there are...

Snaking is fine, although it does make the game a bit of a chore to play. Also, bikes are awesome.