NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I know, I've been enjoying them too. His numbers quoted are all wrong as well. Mute City is my favourite at the minute, that could change. Using Link but not "The Eponator" which is a shame because it looks deadly. It's impossibru to handle.

Heh heh heh...

HA HA HA!

AH HAH HAH HAH!

I could not disagree more.

I am all over the Master Cycle. They took my favourite bike (Jet bike) and improved it tenfold!

What you're doing wrong is using Link. Ironically, he doesn't compliment it well.

I'm using my Mii with wooden wheels and the Hylian Kite.

The grip is twice as good as my old bike. No more struggling on off-road tracks for me! I lose a tiny bit of speed and half a bar of Handling.

Well worth it, I am looking forward to seeing how it fares tonight.

(Although, the internet here has been super crappy today, so I might have to give it a miss)

EDIT: I noticed that the staff ghost on Wario's Gold Mine goes out of their way to get coins. Even when they have 10. Couldn't help but smile at that. Totally thrashed the time though.

Edited by Glen-i

Downloading the content as i type this. Looking forward to racing around Hyrule

Brilliant DLC! My only disappointment is Rainbow Road. The original version was a death trap, what with the tight corners and being knocked off the edge by the AI. The corner signs and the wider track has taken something away from the track. Still, it looks gorgeous and the music is great.

I was driving around the F-Zero course wondering where the hell all the coins were. It suddenly hit me... :D Genius!

I was driving around the F-Zero course wondering where the hell IS F-ZERO U?!

Had to edit your post to express my own personal view :heh:

As for the track, it's defintely a nice touch what they've done with the coins :hehe:

It would be nice if F-zero U was announced at E3, release 2015. The track feels remarkably close to F-zero, when you're hitting the boosts at every opportunity... just not quite there! It would be nice if the DLC tracks were to drum up interest in games for 2015/6. Zelda U, Animal crossing U, Fzero U, Excite bike U. I like the sound of that. I actually found excite bike track pretty fun, more than I expected, so I'd love for them to do something with that franchise.

Absolutely love the DLC... so here are my (really small) quibbles:

• No stamps... really why no new ones?
  • The Trophy design is well a bit bland compared with the originals.
  • Why no wheels for the Tanooki Kart?
  • Why no glider for the Blue Falcon or Tanooki Kart?
  • Hylian glider obscures my view a little too much.

Brilliant DLC! My only disappointment is Rainbow Road. The original version was a death trap, what with the tight corners and being knocked off the edge by the AI. The corner signs and the wider track has taken something away from the track. Still, it looks gorgeous and the music is great.

I was driving around the F-Zero course wondering where the hell all the coins were. It suddenly hit me... :D Genius!

Oh shit. Never realised playing but this post has made me realise. Amazing :) That track is unbelievably good... And yeah, rewlly hope it ignites the flames so Nintendo get in with one!

Absolutely love the DLC... so here are my (really small) quibbles:

• No stamps... really why no new ones?
  • The Trophy design is well a bit bland compared with the originals.
  • Why no wheels for the Tanooki Kart?
  • Why no glider for the Blue Falcon or Tanooki Kart?
  • Hylian glider obscures my view a little too much.

• No stamps... really why no new ones? (They're crap. They now since realised that they're lame but for consistency maybe they should have been included. That and you get no reward for beating a staff ghost time trial.)
  • The Trophy design is well a bit bland compared with the originals. (Yes they are a bit lame but I don't care and never will unless they're a Nintendo Club reward.)
  • Why no wheels for the Tanooki Kart? (Probably should be new wheels for every kart but it's mainly cosmetic so no big deal, plus stats don't change for new parts.)
  • Why no glider for the Blue Falcon or Tanooki Kart? (Same story but I think you're right.)
  • Hylian glider obscures my view a little too much. (A few gliders do that even before today. Take tonights theme for example.)

• No stamps... really why no new ones? (They're crap. They now since realised that they're lame but for consistency maybe they should have been included. That and you get no reward for beating a staff ghost time trial.)
  • The Trophy design is well a bit bland compared with the originals. (Yes they are a bit lame but I don't care and never will unless they're a Nintendo Club reward.)
  • Why no wheels for the Tanooki Kart? (Probably should be new wheels for every kart but it's mainly cosmetic so no big deal, plus stats don't change for new parts.)
  • Why no glider for the Blue Falcon or Tanooki Kart? (Same story but I think you're right.)
  • Hylian glider obscures my view a little too much. (A few gliders do that even before today. Take tonights theme for example.)

91sn32Q.jpg

Haven't got round to the DLC yet but great to see so many positive impressions. That footage has me craving a F-Zero U game though!

91sn32Q.jpg

You'll have to try harder with your Simpsons references and I've said the DLC is brilliant. :)

You'll have to try harder with your Simpsons references and I've said the DLC is brilliant. :)

Ah come on, admit it you laughed :)

Ah come on, admit it you laughed :)

To be honest, I laughed harder when he used it against me.

SNES Rainbow Road looks stunning but as others have said the track is a little too wide. Ice Ice Outpost is pretty forgettable but visually it looks quite nice. Hyrule Circuit is great filled with lots of little details. Not too keen on the music though, it makes me feel like I'm driving around in Hyrule Warriors, rather than proper Zelda.

Has anyone used their horn as Tanooki Mario? Love the nostalgic sound effect

Has anyone used their horn as Tanooki Mario? Love the nostalgic sound effect

lol yeah same here

Also, i love that the results screen at the end of a race in Mute City plays the F-zero result music rather then normal MK8.

l

Also, i love that the results screen at the end of a race in Mute City plays the F-zero result music rather then normal MK8.

Yeh.. I find that to be such an awesome touch, as well as the sounds leading up to the race that replace the regular Mario Kart 8 jingle :grin:

I too want a proper F-Zero...

..and that's exactly what EVERYONE needs to be posting on Miiverse!

91sn32Q.jpg

Sad, pathetic thanks, especially when I defended it for the most part. 2 I'd expect from The Serebii Fan Club or is it The Anti Wii Club but @dazzybee? Maybe you did find it genuinely strangely funny?

I love the DLC, it's amazing!!

I really want a F-Zero game, the track is immense on MK!

Sad, pathetic thanks, especially when I defended it for the most part. 2 I'd expect from The Serebii Fan Club or is it The Anti Wii Club but @dazzybee? Maybe you did find it genuinely strangely funny?

Once again in English please?

Let that be a lesson to all of us, don't post Simpsons picture jokes, it really winds @Wii up.

It did make me laugh, but anything Simpsons generally makes me laugh. I didn't think serebii was being serious with it (though maybe, don't want to speak for him ) and was just being a bit silly, like you say you are actually positive about the dlc.

Downloaded this last night. What a fuckin trauma. Firstly, it needed a system update. Then, it needed a Mario Kart update. Then it needed the DLC to download, even though I'd already paid for it months ago. Then that needed to install. 45 minutes later, good to go.

It was quote painful. However, my Wii U hadn't been in stand by as I had unplugged it a week or so ago and not turned the console on (it was powered on, but hadn't been powered up), so that probably explains it. Still, was annoying.

The DLC, I loved it. Ice Ice Outpost is garbage. Ice worlds are always my favourite in any game, so this was such a disappointment. I finished the first lap and was like :blank: SRSLY?!

The other tracks were all brilliant. Loved the Excite Bike track. That's one for the league where anyone can walk away with the win! I like those tracks for that reason! :heh:

As others have said re the Zelda track that is just pure brilliance from start to finish. The sound effects, the rupee instead of the coin, everything is just so good. I definitely felt that was the best track out of the bunch.

I love that they've added this DLC on. MK8 was already one of my favourite games of the year and it's so refreshing to see Nintendo build on what was already an amazing game and keep delivering the goods with it. Very impressive.

One thing I didn't get was Cat Peach. Now I obviously love Peach :laughing:, but come the fuck on Nintendo. She's already there as her normal amazing self, her baby self, her pink gold self :heh: and now in a frigging cat suit! :laughing:

I'm always up for more Peach but some more inventiveness wouldn't go amiss!

: peace:

I don't understand the hate for the ice track one... I actually quite enjoy it. I've seen two shortcuts that I'm yet to practice using, and the intertwining tracks allow for a couple of interesting tactics in a couple of situations I found myself in.

I wouldn't say it's my favourite track, but I still enjoy it. Thinking through the DLC tracks it probably is the weakest of the 8.. F-zero, hyrule, yoshi, dragon, excitebike stand out most.. snes rainbow road I actually enjoyed too, despite the wideness of the track. Warios mine I despise, mainly because I was never any good at it! My friend didn't play the original, so doesn't suffer the same compulsion I have to avoid the karts that I do (Am I correct in remembering they used to cause you to spin out if you touched them in the original?)

So I would say all the tracks are very strong, which perhaps is the issue that the ice track suffers from? I certainly like it better than a couple of the non dlc tracks, so it is still a welcome addition for me

Downloaded this last night. What a fuckin trauma. Firstly, it needed a system update. Then, it needed a Mario Kart update. Then it needed the DLC to download, even though I'd already paid for it months ago. Then that needed to install. 45 minutes later, good to go.

Yeah, this was my issue with the DLC as well.

I turned on the Wii U, fired up the game, no update. Tried again and same thing happened. Went to the eShop and tried downloading the DLC manually. Found the DLC and downloaded it ( despite already paying for it months ago ). Went back to the game and still no update. Reset the game and finally the update downloaded.

The DLC is amazing but they really need to sort out the way stuff like this is downloaded and installed. It would make for a much smoother experience.

I don't understand the hate for the ice track one... I actually quite enjoy it. I've seen two shortcuts that I'm yet to practice using, and the intertwining tracks allow for a couple of interesting tactics in a couple of situations I found myself in.

I wouldn't say it's my favourite track, but I still enjoy it. Thinking through the DLC tracks it probably is the weakest of the 8.. F-zero, hyrule, yoshi, dragon, excitebike stand out most.. snes rainbow road I actually enjoyed too, despite the wideness of the track. Warios mine I despise, mainly because I was never any good at it! My friend didn't play the original, so doesn't suffer the same compulsion I have to avoid the karts that I do (Am I correct in remembering they used to cause you to spin out if you touched them in the original?)

So I would say all the tracks are very strong, which perhaps is the issue that the ice track suffers from? I certainly like it better than a couple of the non dlc tracks, so it is still a welcome addition for me

Yes the mine carts in the Wii version did cause you to spin out. Much easier now!

I don't mind the Ice track - the Dragon one bores me more.