N-Europe

Star Wars Battlefront

Cube

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing loads of this recently, and am going onto level 49 now I think. However, I do think I will just give up on getting a Platinum for this. I think I am 13 trophies away from it, but there are some I just don't see myself getting.

The main issue I have is with Hero Hunt, which I just don't enjoy at all. The mode just isn't fair at all; you can be doing loads of damage to the hero, but if you're not the one to get the last hit in then too bad, you get nothing for that. I rarely get to be the hero, and when I do, I only manage a few kills. :(

So yeah, can't get some trophies/dioramas cause of this one.

Don't think I will be getting the platinum myself either. I guess I could the survivals with tricks and abuses but I'm not sure I can be bothered. Especially as two of my three last online trophies I definitively can't see myself getting. Getting 10 headshot with the cycler rifle is one of them. Lame reference to Firefly etc, but the only times I get a headshot with normal weapons, is because I was aiming at the chest and missed. The other one is 25 tramples with the AT-ST. I think I have two...

Running out of things to play so I think I might just go for lv 50 during the week.

I don't know if it works very well for @Eenuh and others, but my trick for Hero Hunt is to pray to get Luke or Vader, and then camp in a hallway with a roof, if the map has one. You can only be shot from two directions, and they often come in packs.

As for killing the hero first, I heard explosives and pusle rifle are good. Perhaps also try playing during night when there are less people to compete with.

Edited by Tales

Don't think I will be getting the platinum myself either. I guess I could the survivals with tricks and abuses but I'm not sure I can be bothered. Especially as two of my three last online trophies I definitively can't see myself getting. Getting 10 headshot with the cycler rifle is one of them. Lame reference to Firefly etc, but the only times I get a headshot with normal weapons, is because I was aiming at the chest and missed. The other one is 25 tramples with the AT-ST. I think I have two...

The survival trophies aren't that bad. There's a spot on every map that allows you to camp. It's even easier in co-op.

The rifle trophy is another easy one, it just takes a little time. I found the best mode to get that is the pod drop one. You just wait next to the when the pod drops and hit the enemy while they are trying to capture it.

For the AT-ST one you want to search and play on the Hoth map and on the Walker Assault mode. You then just go where the picks spawn ( spawn in same place every time ) and then charge at the enemy. Trying to do it on any other map, especially Endor, can be a bit of a pain.

We had a crazy game of Heroes vs. Villains tonight where we were 4-2 down but brought it back to 4-4. We killed two out of the three villains and had all three of our heroes remaining. Then, somehow, we ended up losing two heroes in quick succession. @Eenuh was Luke and had 2 (!) health remaining. In the end, they found her hiding in a corridor somewhere and brutally took Luke down, meaning we lost a hard-fought match. Gutted.

Had a crazy match in Supremacy where I put the kettle on in between getting killed. We were on the last base and I made it there using a personal shield before the sound of our whistling kettle started screaming the house down. It was midnight at this point, so I had no choice but to leave my character in the middle of the last checkpoint, armed with only the personal shield and with the majority of my team a fair way off. We somehow won the final checkpoint (and the match!) without me getting killed. So, for a period of at least 30 seconds, I was stood there defenceless and somehow didn't get killed. Miracles do happen!

We had a crazy game of Heroes vs. Villains tonight where we were 4-2 down but brought it back to 4-4. We killed two out of the three villains and had all three of our heroes remaining. Then, somehow, we ended up losing two heroes in quick succession. @Eenuh was Luke and had 2 (!) health remaining. In the end, they found her hiding in a corridor somewhere and brutally took Luke down, meaning we lost a hard-fought match. Gutted.

Had a crazy match in Supremacy where I put the kettle on in between getting killed. We were on the last base and I made it there using a personal shield before the sound of our whistling kettle started screaming the house down. It was midnight at this point, so I had no choice but to leave my character in the middle of the last checkpoint, armed with only the personal shield and with the majority of my team a fair way off. We somehow won the final checkpoint (and the match!) without me getting killed. So, for a period of at least 30 seconds, I was stood there defenceless and somehow didn't get killed. Miracles do happen!

Well I helped you survive while you were tending to your kettle. I watched your back and shot a guy who was making his way toward you.

You're welcome. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

We had some hilarious games yesterday. Probably some of the funniest yet.

@Cookyman has developed an unhealthy obsession with the "Not this time!" emote, which can sometimes sound a bit campy. (hand on the hips movement, eyebrows raised at the end, dat voice) We were choosing moments to spam that emote, particularly when trying to capture a base in supremacy.

We must have won about 6 or 7 games of Supremacy in a row within the first few minutes. It was like watching a plague of locusts. Seriously. We just all piled into the first point, then as soon as we won that we legged it to the next, before getting the final one. The teams we were playing against weren't that great and didn't even attempt to take back their bases. There was one utterly hilarious moment on the Jakku level where we were on the way to capture the last base and this guy literally ran towards us, saw that we were the enemy and then promptly turned back around! He kept running and running and in the end @Eenuh funnelled him into this one area and I bitch-slapped him as he turned a corner.

A weird thing happened on the Hoth level when @Eenuh became Darth Vader. Her HUD disappeared, so she had nothing on screen apart from the game itself. No map, no score count, no health bar, it didn't even tell her which players were on her team and which were enemies. The only thing it did keep was that I was still displayed as a partner/yellow. So, we captured the middle base and I had to basically lead her to the other two to win the game. I saved the footage but have just realised that I haven't enabled chat audio in the captured footage. Gutted! It was basically, "left! Turn left here! Stop, kill the guy on the right. Turn left! Wait. We're capturing!" etc

Patch notes and more content stuff. This is available to download today.

Patch Notes

Additional Content/Functionality

• General: Jakku DLC Content is being patched into the game, downloading it separately via platform storefronts is no longer required and can be deleted from your hard drives
  • New Map: Twilight on Hoth added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point, Blast, Fighter Squadron, Drop Zone, and Heroes vs. Villains
  • New Mission: Survival in the Ice Caves added to Survival Missions
  • Turning Point: Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, Outpost Beta, and SoroSuub Centroplex maps added to the playlist
  • Attract Mode: GNK Droid added - GONK!
  • Settings: Turning off music in the Sound menu now turns off music everywhere in the game
  • Settings: Added a Film Grain setting slider in the Video menu
  • Credits: Updated Game Credits list

Weapon and Star Card Changes

• Primary Weapons: Damage against air vehicles increased by 10%
  • Bowcaster: Explosion damage increased from 10 to 15 per projectile and explosion radius decreased from 3 to 2.5m
  • Bowcaster: Full charge direct hit from 20 to 40 per projectile and a normal direct hit increased from 20 to 30 per projectile
  • Barrage: Damage increased from 50 to 55
  • Barrage: Cooldown reduced from 40 to 35s (normal) and from 35 to 30s (upgraded)
  • Barrage: First volley of grenades no longer disappear if the user uses the Refresh Power-up and then fires a second volley
  • Homing Shot: Lock time decreased from 1.5 to 1.2s
  • Homing Shot: Players in the AT-GAR turret now receive on-screen notification when locked on
  • ION Torpedo: Speed increased from 350 to 380m/s and turning angle increased from 120 to 125 in order to more easily hit air vehicles
  • Pulse Rifle: Movement speed while aiming decreased by 30%
  • Tusken Cycler Rifle: Movement speed while aiming increased by 40%
  • Tusken Cycler Rifle: Bullet speed increased from 300 to 450m/s
  • Orbital Strike: Fixed bug where it sometimes would not trigger on button press

Vehicle changes

• A-Wing: Increased hit box size
  • A-Wing: Now properly takes damage when colliding with an AT-ST while having the Shield active
  • Slave I: Players can now see the Shield icon on Rebel vehicles when a Shield is active
  • AT-ST: T-47 Airspeeder kills with a missle while firing the primary cannons at the same time now properly awards a kill (previously registered as a suicide)
  • AT-AT: Fixed bug where the Orbital Strike ability would sometimes not have the aiming reticle move
  • T-47 Airspeeder: Players will no longer receive an out of bounds message on Graveyard of Giants during Turning Point when a control point is captured

Multiplayer Game Mode Changes

• General: Pre-Round timer lowered from 30s to 20s
  • Walker Assault: Fixed Power-up spawns on SoroSuub Centroplex
  • Walker Assault: AT-AT health increased by 18% on Outpost Beta, 8% on Jundland Wastes, 20% on Forest of Endor, 4% on SoroSuub Centroplex, and 5% on Graveyard of Giants
  • Walker Assault: Spawning as an Imperial Hero after the AT-ATs just pass the second set of uplinks no longer despawns one of the AT-ATs
  • Walker Assault: The second AT-AT no longer bumps into the wreckage of the other on SoroSuub Centroplex when the first AT-AT is destroyed during the first Uplink
  • Droid Run: Correct Objective Notification is now displayed to all players if someone is killed while trying to claim the Droid
  • Droid Run: Improved spawn zones on Dune Sea Exchange
  • Supremacy: Fixed Power-up spawns on Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, and SoroSuub Centroplex
  • Supremacy: Improved spawn zones on Jundland Wastes, Outpost Beta, and Forest of Endor
  • Heroes vs. Villains: Planted turrets on Dune Sea Exchange will now disappear in-between rounds
  • Hero Hunt: Improved spawn zones on Ice Caves
  • Fighter Squadron: Players are now protected while spawning on Graveyard of Giants
  • Mission Changes
  • General: Both players will now properly see Charge Card pick-ups if Player One is using a 3rd Star Card Hand without a Charge Card
  • General: Player 2's changes to control settings no longer update Player 1's controls when playing Split-Screen
  • Battle: Fixed AI Spawn issues on Tatooine
  • Survival: Wave 10 on Sullust will now always spawn if the player / co-op team dies and restarts the round or if a player picks up a Collectible during the Wave 9 transition
  • Survival: Partner spawns on Sullust will no longer fail if the currently alive player is in a confined area
  • Survival: Co-Op players can now unlock the "Complete on Hard Difficulty without spending a life" if one player dies and then waits until the other player completes the wave so they get a free respawn

Hero changes

• General: Heroes no longer get stuck in a stunned animation state
  • Princess Leia: Endor outfit updated - Congrats on completing the Lead the Rebellion challenge!
  • Princess Leia: Trooper Bane now only knocks back primary target, not nearby enemies
  • Luke Skywalker: Increased Saber Rush's damage against other Heroes from 2% to 6-8%
  • Luke Skywalker: Lightsaber swing hit radius is reduced from 0.3 to 0.25m
  • Han Solo: Zooming in no longer sometimes displays a gun scope
  • Emperor Palpatine's Shocktroopers: Modified primary weapon damage to match Leia's Honor Guards' primary weapon damage over time

Misc. Bug fixes

• General: Lighting, textures, audio, user interface, text, and collision fixes
  • Controls: Legacy control schemes have had their layouts more clearly defined
  • Colorblind: Enemy players highlighted with Scan Pulse now have the correct Deuteranopia or Protanopia settings on Graveyard of Giants and Goazan Badlands
  • PC only: Fixed a bug where a player would lose functionality with an Xbox 360 controller after inviting a player to a Private Match and then starting the game
  • PC only: Air vehicle sensitivity lowered from 0.9 to 0.45 for easier mouse control
  • Achievements / Trophies: Updated text on "Impressive. Most Impressive." and "Survivor" to clarify the requirements
  • Achievements / Trophies: "Playing the Objective" now properly awarded

New Free Map

ZBdb8Ck.jpg?1

New Survival Map

hAhFMyr.jpg?1

New Outfit

rendition1.img.jpg

My download gets an error at 2% and just says I can't download. Anyone know why? A quick google search and checking Gamefaqs didn't help.

When I get it fixed I'd be happy to take a break from Far Cry and check out the new stuff in Battlefront. Considering to buy the season pass before it's on sale too(making the season pass more expensive than the base game :p )

Sounds like a great update, looking forward to giving it a go, haven't played this anywhere near as much as I'd have liked to over the last few months. I wonder whether they will continue to have any free updates once the paid DLC starts coming?

To be honest, with my gaming habits, updates like this make it much easier for me to hold off getting the season pass and waiting until it goes on sale at some point further down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the season pass after spending the last 5 days just playing this. Slowly trying to get all the trophies but some of them seem almost impossibly difficult!

Seems like there's been quite a few tweaks since launch and all seem for the better. Can't wait for the new DLC. :D

Players were expecting some new hero characters at some point, but it’s safe to say Greedo and Nien Nunb are an unexpected choice. Especially when you consider the magnitude of the playable heroes that are already available, but with that said no details have been released about their abilities and weapons so they may well be a popular choice for players.

star_wars_battlefront_outer_rim-600x373.jpg

‘Outer Rim’ brings with it some new weapons and star cards, which from the looks of it is what the two new character will be equipped with. They include:

Relby V-10 rifle

DT-12 blaster pistol

Scatter Gun (Star Card)

Dioxis Grenade (Star Card)

Adrenaline Stim (Star Card)

h2-noscale.jpgstar-wars-battlefront-outer-rim-dlc-includes-new-m_pyw9.640.jpg

The new game mode ‘Extraction’ will require the rebel side to ‘Extract’ some resources from the Outer Rim, and get them back to their ship before the timer runs out, whilst the empire team attempts to prevent them. As well as this new game mode players will be given two new maps, one will be a smelting factory on Sullust, and the other will be Jabba’s iconic throne room set on Tattooine.

This is only the first DLC pack to be released for Battlefront with more lined up in future, and although ‘Outer Rim’ doesn’t initially look like much – this and other content in future will definitely keep the game current and replayable. The other DLC set for release in the future are ‘Bespin’ which will be released in the summer, ‘Deathstar’ available in the fall, and a currently untitled piece of content set for a 2017 release. So by this timeline alone it’s clear that Dice and EA have plans to keep Star Wars fans hooked on Battlefront.

from: http://n4bb.com/star-wars-battlefront-outer-rim-dlc-includes-new-characters/

Edited by somme
Automerged Doublepost

I've seen you online but everytime you're usually in the menus when I check :p . Tried joining a match earlier but then the que took forever.

I do have a habit of playing for a bit then get distracted by the Internet and leaving it on the menu.

Getting pretty disappointed by people when playing this game. Sometime it feels like it's camper's galore and I'm the only one who is actually moving towards the target. Took a capture point to 90-95% take over all by myself. Do you know how slow that is? I must have killed close to ten players in attempt to take it. The only one who came to join me was my parter that spawned next to me. His first action was to run away to god knows where.

Anyway I'll probably be playing it anway for most of the day. Join anytime.

Edited by Tales

Getting pretty disappointed by people when playing this game. Sometime it feels like it's camper's galore and I'm the only one who is actually moving towards the target. Took a capture point to 90-95% take over all by myself. Do you know how slow that is? I must have killed close to ten players in attempt to take it. The only one who came to join me was my parter that spawned next to me. His first action was to run away to god knows where.

Anyway I'll probably be playing it anway for most of the day. Join anytime.

I do have a fair few games with utter idiots. But then sometimes you just get put with the perfect group and it's amazing :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!