Cube

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New gameplay trailer fresh out of GamesCom:

Looks fantastic. Can't wait for this to release, been waiting for another one for ages. Not too keen on the statue in that collector's edition but may well just go for it as like that Steelbook and would love those concept art pieces and lithograph.

Yeah me too.. What I look for in a CE is a pretty box, and preferably an artbook and physical soundtrack. The box is sleak, but steelbooks mean nothing to me, lithos, well I like them, but I'm not going to frame them (unless they're really good and big enough). Tattoos I'm not going to use, which leaves you pretty much with the figure. For $ 200,-, that figure better be pretty good. From the promo pics, it actually does look good, but that doesn't tell if the final product will actually be good up close.. $ 200,- is a big gamble. But assuming the figure is of good quality, I may be tempted.

I love the footage, but I barely get how you get Deus Ex out of this though.. Apart from a general futuristic vibe..
Yeah I'm not sure either tbh, I certainly didn't mean it in gameplay terms. I think it was just the way the trailer was put together, with the cinematic first person, the architecture, stealth elements, the science lab and cutscenes.

• 2 months later...

Delayed. :(

Years ago, we set out an ambitious vision for Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst. Achieving that vision and delivering the best possible experience is equally inspiring and challenging. And it takes time. We set out to create a vast city to explore, full of stunning vistas, majestic skyscrapers, and mysterious tunnels. We’re building the most immersive action-adventure game with fluid movement and combat in first person. Mirror’s Edge Catalyst will be an all-new playground with a deeper and more engaging story - and we want to accomplish all these goals to the highest quality possible.

So we’ve made the decision to bring Mirror’s Edge to the world starting May 24, 2016. We will use these few extra months to make sure that when you step into the massive City of Glass and experience the rise of Faith, it’s as entertaining, impressive, and memorable as it can be.

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst has received an incredible response from fans around the world over the past months. You’ve been eager to see the return of Faith and the unique style and gameplay that only Mirror’s Edge can create. Witnessing your positive reactions has been amazing motivation for me and the rest of our passionate team at DICE.

Thank you again for your patience and support. Keep the Faith.

Sara Jansson

Senior Producer, Mirror's Edge Catalyst

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
What. The. Fuck...?!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-15-some-people-are-upset-the-new-mirrors-edge-locks-abilities-behind-xp-upgrades

Things like quick-turns, 90 degree turns, rolling and tucking your legs up when jumping are unlocked by XP... seriously?! What the fuck kind of daft shit is this?!

Just be thankful they aren't locked behind microtransactions. Watch them implement them now. :D

Another bloody delay... :nono: Especially if it is for what they're saying, to incorporate fan feedback into the network side of things. That's something that they surely should have accounted for when putting the May 26th date out there in the first place. But then saying that, it is DICE and the state most of the recent Battlefield titles have launched at, it was maybe asking them too much :laughing:

Still, as I saw someone say elsewhere, it moves out of the road of the likes of Uncharted 4, Doom, Overwatch and many others so it's probably a good move to get it into some breathing space to maximise sales. I'll still be there day 1, even with the whole XP unlock mess of things, I've waited however many years for a sequel so I can wait another 2 weeks.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!